Marvel Super Hero Squad

Started by kfcrispy, July 22, 2009, 09:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Teancum on August 10, 2009, 04:33AM
Ok, we get it.  Jean Grey is "TeH Uber 1337 AweZOmest charectur EVAR!!!!!!!!!"
Seriously. Gosh, people we get it: You love Jean. Big deal.

is there a problem with marvelfan12345 being a tad obsessed with jean?

My problem with it is this:  Gambit is my absolute, all time favorite character out of ANY comic book series/publisher.  But I don't make it a point to try and slip his name into every thread on the board and put it in everyone's face, all day, every day.

There's nothing wrong with loving Jean.  She's an awesome character.  But it becomes annoying when mention of her is found everywhere, often skewing the topic slightly.

i agree on that one,the character is nice,but not so much to put her in every thread.
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

Thats why I posted on her Jean grey thread. It gets old seeing jean greay in every thread.

The full list of playable characters:

Heroes:

Captain America
Falcon
Hulk
Invisible Woman
Iron Man
Ms. Marvel
Nightcrawler
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man
Storm
The Thing
Thor
Woverine

Villians:

A.I.M. Agent
Abomination
Crimson Dynamo
Dr. Doom
Juggernaut
Magneto
Mole Man
Sabertooth

Woohoo, Crimson Dynamo =) But why no Red Skull? They managed to Bowdlerize The Punisher for the toy line, can't they do the same for Red Skull?

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Venom on September 25, 2009, 01:38AM
The full list of playable characters:

Heroes:

Captain America
Falcon
Hulk
Invisible Woman
Iron Man
Ms. Marvel
Nightcrawler
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man
Storm
The Thing
Thor
Woverine

Villians:

A.I.M. Agent
Abomination
Crimson Dynamo
Dr. Doom
Juggernaut
Magneto
Mole Man
Sabertooth
The game isn't out yet, but I already love it :D

Quote from: Noelemahc on September 25, 2009, 02:08AM
Woohoo, Crimson Dynamo =) But why no Red Skull? They managed to Bowdlerize The Punisher for the toy line, can't they do the same for Red Skull?

May be because he would look like The Mask in SHS form? haha

it looks alright but how are the moves organized

do you think it is possible for us to also mod this game?

Played the PSP version of the game. It's not similar to MUA in any way further than also being a beat-em-up with Marvel heroes as the protagonists. The camera is extremely wonky, the action highly repetitive with little space for variety, but I'm still playing. It feels a lot like the recent LEGO games by Traveller's tales, with the extreme parody factor.
I'm gonna throw up some screensnaps later on once I manage to get through the first stage (which glitched out on me with a "defeat everyone" victory condition apparently NOT considering being thrown into a bottomless pit as 'defeated').

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Noelemahc, you also need to free the soldiers from the bunkers... I tried the Wii version and had no idea how to do this because the instructions said to press the the down arrow, which I did, but it never mentioned that you should HOLD it down! After finally figuring that out, there is another set of instructions to tap the Z button.

I hated the short time I spent on this game. The targeting is definitely annoying, the missions were really lame (just one open area with nothing to explore and enemies keep spawning/dropping down, more than there should be...)

The worst experience was "protect the door", where I was looking for some other objectives because all that was happening was enemies kept spawning, and after a long long long time, a different enemy spawned (Abominations). Unfortunately with no instructions whatsoever, I don't know how to use my character properly and had to retry the first story-line arena battle like 3 times before I won.

The arena battling is annoying in a "good" way, as in the computer is actually smart and knows how to use the characters. I then tried to use "Practice Mode", but the computer doesn't stand there, he attacks! Computer Hulk kicked my Iron Man's butt..... and dude, how to you block? Do you just stand there and it auto-blocks? It also seems some attacks are not auto-blocked so you have to figure out how to counter before they launch their unblockable attack.....????

QuoteNoelemahc, you also need to free the soldiers from the bunkers...
After that, on the "stop the enemies from breaking down the doors" scene.

The bottom line? Like Virtual On, this is a game which, if you yourself aren't getting good at, you'd better watch someone who IS good because then it's a wonderful action movie. Otherwise, steer clear.

Crimson Dynamo says: