Disney Buys Marvel

Started by Dihan, August 31, 2009, 07:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yes Land was nice on Endsong but no more.

something i found somewhere online:
the top ten dreaded results of marvel being bought by disney:
10: Beauty & The Hulk - in this updated version of the animated Disney classic, Selena Gomez plays Dr. Bryce Banner, a talented physicist who learns a life lesson about self-image when her gamma-ray experiment creates unintended results.

9: Mutant High School Musical - It's a teen-angst musical, set at a high-school full of mutants!

8: Ultimate Jonas Brothers - The boy band's Monkees-esque antics take on a harder-edge; they all grow beards.

7: Herbie the Love Sentinel - Poor Herbie will be relegated to the junk-yard if he doesn't kill some mutants, but Emily Osment as a young Emma Frost wins him over to the side of good, and wins the Westchester 500 to boot!

6: The Wizards of Xavier Place - The three Russo kids find out they're not really wizards, they're mutants! Time to go to a new school...

5: Snow White and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - A lost Snow must take care of a band of cantankerous baddies. With Blob as Grumpy, and Toad as Dopey.

4: The Scarlet Witch - this will be a major movie event, with Miley "Hannah Montanna" Cyrus playing the troubled reality-controlling mutant, along with her annoying speedster-brother, Quicksilver, and special guest appearance by Billy Ray Cyrus as her father, Magneto.

3: Wolverine in Wonderland - Logan takes a tumble down the rabbit's hole, and hilarity ensues. "I'll show you 'off with his head, bub!'"

2: Hayao Miyazaki's Guardians of the Galaxy - actually, if this happened, we'd SO be there!

1: Muppet Avengers Assemble!

link: http://feeds.wired.com/~r/wiredgeekdad/~3/Jv-bTzvqs9I/

I guess this means that the end of Dark Reign will change and Mickey Mouse will be the one to topple Osborn -_-

Quote from: deedooo on September 01, 2009, 07:27PM
something i found somewhere online:
the top ten dreaded results of marvel being bought by disney:
10: Beauty & The Hulk - in this updated version of the animated Disney classic, Selena Gomez plays Dr. Bryce Banner, a talented physicist who learns a life lesson about self-image when her gamma-ray experiment creates unintended results.

9: Mutant High School Musical - It's a teen-angst musical, set at a high-school full of mutants!

8: Ultimate Jonas Brothers - The boy band's Monkees-esque antics take on a harder-edge; they all grow beards.

7: Herbie the Love Sentinel - Poor Herbie will be relegated to the junk-yard if he doesn't kill some mutants, but Emily Osment as a young Emma Frost wins him over to the side of good, and wins the Westchester 500 to boot!

6: The Wizards of Xavier Place - The three Russo kids find out they're not really wizards, they're mutants! Time to go to a new school...

5: Snow White and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - A lost Snow must take care of a band of cantankerous baddies. With Blob as Grumpy, and Toad as Dopey.

4: The Scarlet Witch - this will be a major movie event, with Miley "Hannah Montanna" Cyrus playing the troubled reality-controlling mutant, along with her annoying speedster-brother, Quicksilver, and special guest appearance by Billy Ray Cyrus as her father, Magneto.

3: Wolverine in Wonderland - Logan takes a tumble down the rabbit's hole, and hilarity ensues. "I'll show you 'off with his head, bub!'"

2: Hayao Miyazaki's Guardians of the Galaxy - actually, if this happened, we'd SO be there!

1: Muppet Avengers Assemble!

link: http://feeds.wired.com/~r/wiredgeekdad/~3/Jv-bTzvqs9I/

:rofl:

I concur.  That's all I have to say about this.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

The only one that i have read that made me laugh was Finding Namor, lol
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Yah and we'd have characters like

- Kermit the Frost, The Green Queen
- Sabretoothfairy
- The new penguin movie Silver Surf's Up
- Donald Blake, the thunderduck and son of Aladin
- Nicky Mouse, director of shield.

No thanks.

In the end it's still Marvel's decision. If they agree, I also hope that the Marvel style and gore stays in.

If they are going to sell something, they have to sell Howard the Duck. I mean wth?

Here's one good thing about Disney buying Marvel:
They could make a Power Man and Iron Fist - Heroes for Hire TV series.
There was an article in ign mentioning their wishlist for TV series they would like Disney to produce, and since reading that one, I'm hoping Disney takes notes. Throw some guest appearences of Daredevil and Spider-Man in the early episodes, and you could get a hit TV show out of it.

Quote from: Gevth on September 02, 2009, 11:47AM
Here's one good thing about Disney buying Marvel:
They could make a Power Man and Iron Fist - Heroes for Hire TV series.
There was an article in ign mentioning their wishlist for TV series they would like Disney to produce, and since reading that one, I'm hoping Disney takes notes. Throw some guest appearences of Daredevil and Spider-Man in the early episodes, and you could get a hit TV show out of it.
If it would be a cartoon, like the Spectacular Spider-man, then YAY

You all are crazy. They won't do that.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 02, 2009, 01:40PM
You all are crazy. They won't do that.

rude, we dont call you crazy :(
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

I mean with this situation. Disney won't wreck Marvel as it is fine and selling well. I'm suprised with all of this stuff with almost every post having some sarctastic comment about what Disney is going to do to Marvel.

Most of them are just jokes, just having fun with the whole thing. I doubt they'll change anything since everything at Marvel is working right now, but that still doesnt mean there wont be any changes. Its a discussion board, thats what we are doing :D

I agree that Greg Land is getting repetitive, but whiteking is right, he did a great job at endsong. Plus, he drew some of my favourite Storm imgs ever:

He has talent, but he really should try different poses and faces. But you really can't put him is the same category as people like Liefeld. I wouldn't fire him.

I'm with Gevth, out with Loeb! He sucks!

My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

He is nice at covers but not really comic artwork.

exactly! that sums him up perfectly.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."