Stupid Laws Part 2 - Alaska

Started by Shauny7488, July 21, 2009, 05:11AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is part 2 of a series of ongoing threads about stupid laws in the USA and abroad.

State Laws

Moose may not be viewed from an airplane.
While it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.
It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.

City Laws

Anchorage
No one may tie their pet dog to the roof of a car.
For all you would-be pranksters out there, it is illegal to string a wire across any road.
Persons may not live in a trailer as it is being hauled across the city.
No person may drive a vehicle when there are more than three people in the front seat, which number shall include the driver.

Fairbanks
It is considered an offense to feed alcoholic beverages to a moose.

Haines
A person may only carry a concealed slingshot if that person has received the appropriate license.
It is against the law to attempt to break any law in title 9 of the code (public peace, morals, and welfare).
Employers of bars may not let their bartenders serve while they are drunk themselves.

Juneau
Owners of flamingos may not let their pet into barber shops.
Buildings that preserve scenic vistas are awarded "bonus points" by the government.

Nome
One may not roam the city with a bow and arrows.

Soldotna
Persons may not allow "attractive nuisances" to exist.

Well thats all for Part 2 of my Stupid Laws series. Stay tuned for Part 3, where we go to Arizona. Also, if you know any more stupid laws in Alaska, feel free to post them up. Enjoy ;D

Incredible how much the laws in alaska take moose in consideration O.O''.

What's an "attractive nuisance"?
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

The one with Nome makes sense, since in older days that was the only weapon they had. You wouldn't want someone walking with a machine gun through, say, I don't know, whatever is a major city where you live.