Marvel Nemesis

Started by Angel, July 28, 2009, 02:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone else give the game a whirl? I own it for the psp and played it on the xbox (which I like better for the finishers^^). I adored the game when it was released and still feel it was one of the best games Marvel released. I just wish there were more Marvel characters instead of the imperfects. Another fighting game like it with even more heroes would unbelievably awesome imo! My favorite was always Elektra and Storm! Maybe one day Marvel will give the fighting game one more chance, I hope it soon :P

I've always wanted to play as it. With the entire FF team, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange, DD, and Surfer it would be perfect.

Fun game, but I hate the art style.

Cyclops and Jean would be great to add to the roster. I Would personally love Polaris or Lady Deathstrike!

Deathstrike would be great as a boss. Or maybe unlockable. I doubt Polaris would make it cause of Magneto.

If Nemesis could be modded I would totally do so.  Better player models, Captain America/Dr Doom (PSP exclusives I'd like to see on the Xbox) plus some other favorites like Gambit.

Yeah I would too. Those characters, Gambit (Like Teancum said), my characters above, Polaris, Green Goblin, Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, Psylocke, and many more. It would be awesome. Too bad it is not possible.

Well I'm not too knowledgeable with the whole modding scene but why is it not possible?

Because there aren't any tools.  Decoding the file formats is far beyond anyone here.  Someone far better at hacking than us would have to build tools to mod it.

Oh so if someone where to hack into the files and make a de/compile tool like the one we have only for Nemesis we could edit and create characters?

Sure, but that's incredibly hard to do.

Unless you have some-one who could. What about that guy who makes the de/complie for MUA?
Life, it's a simple thing; it doesn't shout or scream or even ignore you. No life takes what it gets, it expects that it is fate, it expects that the only thing stopping it's self is its self. But what if, what if the only thing stopping you from becoming you is some-one you love. That's my life...

July 29, 2009, 11:50AM #14 Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:55AM by Teancum
Quote from: Unknown on July 28, 2009, 10:21PM
Unless you have some-one who could. What about that guy who makes the de/complie for MUA?

No offense, but you guys are talking about stuff you know nothing about. 

1--We already knew what game engine MUA used, and model tools were already available for it.  Nemesis uses a non-public game engine that we know nothing about.
2--Being able to write something decompile/compile scripts is much, much easier than figuring out how to decompile/compile models, animations, and the like.
3--It's not available on PC, so modding would be much more tedious.  On PC you make a change and boot up the game, but (for example) on the Xbox you make the change, compile it back into a package, transfer it to the Xbox, fire it up, watch the Xbox lock up because your change didn't work, turn it off and reboot it, then try to figure out how to fix the problem.

Now don't get me wrong -- nobody would mod Nemesis more than I would if there were tools to do so, but I'm being realistic.  It just ain't gonna happen.