marvel movies

Started by Quentin Hex, August 02, 2009, 09:39PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah but she is better in an X-Men First Class movie. Cyclops and Jean have lots too but they would be better all together in First Class. Same for Xavier. If Emma gets in that movie too which I doubt then her backstory should be in First Class not in a seperate movie.

The probelm with the Xmen is that only the people who read their comics, knows the history of each character. Other people doesn't know the stories, the background, even doesn't know their names. I remember a friend who identified Cyclops as "the guy with read beams" Jean as "the pretty girl with red hair but I don't know exactly what's her power" and he has a rare concept of each xmen.
So although I find in Emma, Storm or Jean a powerfull character with a great background and history to make a solo movie, many people doesn't know exactly who they are.

Wolverine on the other hand, has his own comic, and he is in the avengers comic, x force, x men and a lot of comics with or without the x men, so a lot of people knows about him (although they don't read Xmen)

So I'm with marvelfan, I would love to see a Emma Frost movie, but It makes more sense if she's included in a Xmen movie with the others. Probably in Xmen first class.

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

there aren't that many x-men who have a lot of story before joining the x-men, I'd say only wolves, storm, cyclops, emma, gambit and maybe psylocke.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Well if you talk about interesting stories I would say these.

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Dazzler
Cable
Marvel Girl
Wolverine
Storm
Rogue
Gambit
Emma Frost
Psylocke
Professor X
Bishop

oh yeah...rogue did too, but her movie version doesn't. bishop, marvel girl, cable and dazzler I didn't even consider cause they weren't even introduced in the movies. agreed in prof X, but as far as I know, jean's story begins at the same time as the x-men and has always been linked to them.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on August 04, 2009, 07:27PM
Well if you talk about interesting stories I would say these.

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Dazzler
Cable
Marvel Girl
Wolverine
Storm
Rogue
Gambit
Emma Frost
Psylocke
Professor X
Bishop

Agree, all of them has a great stories, but we are talking about stories before the xmen that could be represented in a movie (like Wolverine).

Jean's story is mostly along the xmen, before that, we know that she was a powerfull psychic who almost die by the experience of feeling the death of her best friend due her telepathy, then Prof x recruited her and block her telepathy and become one of the 5 original xmen, that's all (and that was a part of X3)
The stories about Marvel Girl, Cable and Bishop involve time traveling and that would be confusing for those who doesn't read the Xmen comics.

Storm and Gambit were thiefs before joining the x men and that invlove many stories around them and how they become a part of the X men. Emma was a runaway and her story before the Hellfire club and how she become the White Queen is explained in her comic. Same as Rogue during her time with the Brotherhood.
Wolverine, well, we know his history pretty well.

Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

What about a movie that explains every-one's backstory from X1 (expect Jean or Wolverine) and how they joined the X-men.

And what's the strange thing I don't think they made out that rouge was part of the brotherhood.
Life, it's a simple thing; it doesn't shout or scream or even ignore you. No life takes what it gets, it expects that it is fate, it expects that the only thing stopping it's self is its self. But what if, what if the only thing stopping you from becoming you is some-one you love. That's my life...

Oh! of course not, we just talk about xmen who has a story (before joining the xmen) that could be representend in a new movie :)

Obviously as a xmen fan, I would love to see all the stories (ok, not all of them, lol) in a movie, especially those ones that involve Cyclops, Emma Frost, Rogue or Jean, who are my favorites ^_^

Phoenix Endsong #5

Emma Frost would be cool!
Life, it's a simple thing; it doesn't shout or scream or even ignore you. No life takes what it gets, it expects that it is fate, it expects that the only thing stopping it's self is its self. But what if, what if the only thing stopping you from becoming you is some-one you love. That's my life...

Quote from: Unknown on August 04, 2009, 08:47PM
What about a movie that explains every-one's backstory from X1 (expect Jean or Wolverine) and how they joined the X-men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_(film_series)#X-Men:_First_Class

Yeah that is what I explained First Class is about. Thank-you Teancum.

that was my point, jean, cyclops and beast can have their stories told in the first class movie...but storm has a lot of story before joining the x-men.

Yeah but in my opinion Storms's should be in First Class.