X-Men arcade game

Started by Angel, August 03, 2009, 09:05PM

Previous topic - Next topic
OMG who else is loving this game????? I loved it ever since I played it, Dazzler has always been my favorite!!! This is definitely a game I would love to mod and add all of my favorites characters too. Does anyone think it's possible? I'm thinking to just substitute MUGEN characters and hopefully could keep all their moves and if not just keep the basic moves like the attacks and a super. Any thoughts??

I don't think so, but ask Teancum or a Moderator they'll know.
Life, it's a simple thing; it doesn't shout or scream or even ignore you. No life takes what it gets, it expects that it is fate, it expects that the only thing stopping it's self is its self. But what if, what if the only thing stopping you from becoming you is some-one you love. That's my life...

Not possible, as it's in a ROM format (basically meaning it's like a file version of a cartridge, with everything that would be stored in a chip all inside one file.  Since ROMs are so very different between games, there's only a small handful of games between all consoles, handhelds and arcade games that have tools to open them.  X-Men is not one of em.

Awwww that's poop. I do know some programs that allows you to create your own side scrolling game. Do you think it would be possible to extract the files of the game, like the images for the backgrounds and enemies? That way a moddable version of the arcade game would possble.

Getting the images would be the least of the worries.  The much, much harder part would be building an engine/modifying an existing open-source engine to recreate the gameplay.  Sprites are just pictures, but how things work -- now that's tougher.

I gave a shot at mugen characters a few years ago.. Trust me: it's hard. Well, making sprites wasn't hard for me (at least, most of them weren't), but the programming part for making a character was.

Just some side info, I wanted to make Baby Vegeta before his transformation to his black costume.

Is it playable for the PC?

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Yes, but you need an arcade machine emulator called MAME.

Oh, ok, thanks Teancum :)

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

August 15, 2009, 05:46PM #9 Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 05:49PM by Meganubis
i remember seeing a pc version, ill try to find it

Quote from: Meganubis on August 15, 2009, 05:46PM
i remember seeing a pc version, ill try to find it

:)