(04/17/12) UPDATED! Nowhere Man's releases (Colossus, Gambit, Rogue)

Started by Nowhere Man, August 04, 2009, 02:23PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I thanx for your work. I've installed Iron Man but he does not fly, don't know why.

Quote from: Loco_aullador on May 18, 2013, 06:46PM
I thanx for your work. I've installed Iron Man but he does not fly, don't know why.
Did you start a new game and install the Official Characters Mod? Those are the most common reasons for character bugs including not flying

Quote from: Outsider on March 14, 2013, 09:33AM
Hey Nowhere Man. First off, awesome mods and boosters you've released. :rockon: For Gambit however, I'm having this same problem with his icons, as they don't appear during gameplay. You said to Edward that a hex fix of the numbers will fix it as it clashes with other icons. I have xvi32 and have been able to fix skins with this, but I'm unsure what numbers to change inside gambit_icons1.igb. Any pointers? What numbers do I change? Thanks in advance.

I've been having the same problem. The character itself is awesome (thanks to Nowhere Man for releasing it), but the icons don't appear after mapping. I know it's just a small detail, but could anyone explain how to fix this to someone who knows almost nothing about modding (AKA me)?

Thanks in advance!

Quote from: DarkSeraphim on July 27, 2013, 07:03PM
I've been having the same problem. The character itself is awesome (thanks to Nowhere Man for releasing it), but the icons don't appear after mapping. I know it's just a small detail, but could anyone explain how to fix this to someone who knows almost nothing about modding (AKA me)?

Thanks in advance!

I've learned how to fix this myself since that post you quoted me saying. If you don't know how to use XMLBCUI, check the Knowledge Base section to get that program, and see the tutorials. (Too much to explain here.) Basically, you go to the "textures" section of your MUA folder, then "ui" and delete the older "gambit_icons" file (you'll know because of the date). The other one should say "gambit_icons1" Rename that one to "gambit_icons."

Then, use XMLBCUI to access Gambit's talents and powerstyles files (located in the "data" folder, then "powerstyles" and "talents". Wherever you see it says "gambit_icons1" change it to "gambit_icons", as I noticed it had both which caused the problem, then save. That should fix it. Hopefully I didn't confuse you. It's not as hard as it may sound. Good luck.

First of all, thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate. While applying the method you suggested, however, I came across a few issues . If you would be so kind to help me out:

- The ui folder in c:\Program Files\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\textures\ does not contain the "gambit_icons" file you mentioned (so I just renamed "gambit_icons1" I extracted from the mod to this folder to "gambit-icons"). Do I have to have installed the X-Men Legends II Gambit mod first?

Here's what I have in the ui folder:

friend_icons
friend_icons.igt
gameslist_icons
gameslist_icons.igt

- I edited the powerstyles and talents files with XMLBCUI and after clicking "edit", changed every "gambit_icons1" to "gambit_icons". Next I started up MUA with heroselect and ended up with a Gambit with no powers at all and no mannequin.
When I opened the files with XMLBCUI, they seemed a bit weird though, here's an excerpt:

PJ  E  ËU  @  E  ÂA  ÇA  ŒA  È=  ÿÿÿÿ   {C  >D  E  ËU  @  E  ÂA  ÇA  ŒA  ð=  ÿÿÿÿ   ˆT  ÇA  @  ½T  ÂA  @C  ŒA  >  ÿÿÿÿ   ˆT  `@  @  ½T  ÂA  áU  ŒA  @>  ÿÿÿÿ   ˆT  ÄB  @  ½T  ÂA  çU  ŒA  h>  ÿÿÿÿ   ˆT  BF  @  ½T  ÂA  ìU  ŒA  >  ÿÿÿÿ   ˆT  .L  @  ½T  ÂA  òU  ŒA  ¸>  ÿÿÿÿ   ˆT  'C  @  ½T  ÂA  ÷U  ŒA  à>  ÿÿÿÿ   ˆT  ïB  @  ½T  ÂA  ýU  ŒA  ?  ÿÿÿÿ   ˆT  ßM  @  ½T  ÂA  V  ŒA  0?  ÿÿÿÿ   ˆT  =R  @  ½T  ÂA  V  ŒA  X?  ÿÿÿÿ   ˆT 
V  @  ½T  ÂA  V  ŒA  ˆ?  ÿÿÿÿ   oG  ¼?  V  ¼?  @  U  ÂA  ¯O  ÛA  ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ   áA  ¬M  íA  }A  PowerStyle cansteal true iconfile textures/ui/gambit_icons1.png event class requirements inherit powerup name card_mastery remove_on_node_end require cat skill item gam_outfit22 level 1 affecter affect_type scale attribute atk_damage %gam_outfit22_pct arc 60 damage 2 3 damagelevel damagescale normal damagetype dmg_physical punch_heavy maxrange 48 feet_strike hiteffect char/gambit/p1_impact staff_strike FightMove animenum ea_idle1 handler ch_idle

Thanks again!

Quote from: DarkSeraphim on July 28, 2013, 07:46AM
First of all, thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate. While applying the method you suggested, however, I came across a few issues . If you would be so kind to help me out:

- The ui folder in c:\Program Files\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\textures\ does not contain the "gambit_icons" file you mentioned (so I just renamed "gambit_icons1" I extracted from the mod to this folder to "gambit-icons"). Do I have to have installed the X-Men Legends II Gambit mod first?

It's not "gambit-icons" with a dash, it's "gambit_icons" with an underscore. And it's alright if you don't have Gambit from the XML2 collection. Not a requirement.

Quote from: DarkSeraphim on July 28, 2013, 07:46AM
Here's what I have in the ui folder:

friend_icons
friend_icons.igt
gameslist_icons
gameslist_icons.igt

- I edited the powerstyles and talents files with XMLBCUI and after clicking "edit", changed every "gambit_icons1" to "gambit_icons". Next I started up MUA with heroselect and ended up with a Gambit with no powers at all and no mannequin.

The "no mannequin" part is strange. I don't know about the weird letters before the "cansteal" part, it's supposed to start like this:

XMLB PowerStyle {
cansteal = true ;
iconfile = textures/ui/gambit_icons.png ;
   event {
   class = requirements ;
   inherit = powerup ;
   name = card_mastery ;
   remove_on_node_end = true ;
      require {
      cat = skill ;
      item = gam_outfit22 ;
      level = 1 ;
      }

affecter {
      affect_type = scale ;
      attribute = atk_damage ;
      level = %gam_outfit22_pct ;
      }

}

Ok, delete the weird letters, make sure it starts like above, and save. When saving, make sure it's saved as "ps_gambit.engb." You can throw away the .BAK file. (The ; and {} placements are important. It won't work otherwise. Now if it still doesn't work, mention it here, and I'll create a solution.

The dash in "gambit-icons" was just a typo on my part, I should have re-read my message before posting it, sorry about that.

Regarding the ps_gambit.engb file, I think it's rather XMLBCUI that's causing all the trouble. When trying to decompile any file and clicking "edit", I get the following error: "Cannot find C:\Program files (x86)\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\data\powerstyles\ps_gambit.xml. Do you want to create a new file?" (I don't know why the default installation folder on my computer contains "(x86)" in its name)

The weird letters from my previous message appeared when I tried editing without decompiling first, had no other choice since I kept getting this error.

OK, tell you what I'll do - I'll create a temporary link to an updated Gambit powerstyle and talents file that I fixed. http://www.mediafire.com/?msjts8rtqtjt5yb. Place those in the powerstyles and talents folder respectively. Be sure to download it soon because I'll delete it when I return from work tomorrow.

Quote from: Outsider on July 28, 2013, 09:39PM
OK, tell you what I'll do - I'll create a temporary link to an updated Gambit powerstyle and talents file that I fixed. http://www.mediafire.com/?msjts8rtqtjt5yb. Place those in the powerstyles and talents folder respectively. Be sure to download it soon because I'll delete it when I return from work tomorrow.

Okey, so I downloaded the files and put them in the designated folders. Still nothing, the icons don't appear after mapping and there is no mannequin on the character select screen, so weird. I'll just play the character without the icons then, no biggie. I do, however, want to thank you for going through the trouble of helping me, know that I appreciate it. :)

Quote from: DarkSeraphim on July 29, 2013, 01:57AM

Thought I'd give you a little update. I've managed to make the icons appear after mapping. Turns out there was still a "gambit_icons1" left in the files you uploaded for me. After I got XMLBCUI to work properly, it was a simple matter of renaming it to "gambit_icons".
I've also managed to make the mannequin appear on the character select screen. After searching the forum, I found someone who had the exact same problem and putting the gambit files from the XML2 pack in the Marvel Ultimat Alliance folder, then raplacing them with the ones from this mod fixes the issue.

Thanks once again for taking the time to help me out and if I can ever return the favor, don't hesitate to let me know. :)

Quote from: DarkSeraphim on July 30, 2013, 12:06PM
Thought I'd give you a little update. I've managed to make the icons appear after mapping. Turns out there was still a "gambit_icons1" left in the files you uploaded for me. After I got XMLBCUI to work properly, it was a simple matter of renaming it to "gambit_icons".
I've also managed to make the mannequin appear on the character select screen. After searching the forum, I found someone who had the exact same problem and putting the gambit files from the XML2 pack in the Marvel Ultimat Alliance folder, then raplacing them with the ones from this mod fixes the issue.

Thanks once again for taking the time to help me out and if I can ever return the favor, don't hesitate to let me know. :)

So the XML2 one was a requirement after all... interesting. Good to hear everything worked out, and good eye pointing out the error.

didn't want to bump old topics but  :thor: thor's booster link is down. Can someone reupload the link because Nowhere Man hasn't logged in for almost a month. Thanks :)
The Eternal Member

I'm trying to install the Iron Man MUA2 mod and can't seem to get it to work.  I had the official characters 1.3 mod installed first, I copy and pasted the herostat into Iron Man's herostat.cfg entry, copied all the files over, and started a new game (after deleting settings.dat).  I've gotten it to work before and know I'm probably missing something simple, but I can't figure out what it is.

Quote from: cyberhawk777 on October 12, 2013, 03:12PM
I'm trying to install the Iron Man MUA2 mod and can't seem to get it to work.  I had the official characters 1.3 mod installed first, I copy and pasted the herostat into Iron Man's herostat.cfg entry, copied all the files over, and started a new game (after deleting settings.dat).  I've gotten it to work before and know I'm probably missing something simple, but I can't figure out what it is.

Never mind.  I figured out that I just needed to delete Iron Man from heroselect and add him back in as a new character.