X-Men VS Avengers

Started by marvelfan12345, August 30, 2009, 02:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, if you put it that way, well, personally, I've always thought that Vision is awesome and She-Hulk (only if written by Byrne) is very cool too.

I've always been fan of the X-Men stories and some of the Avengers stories too, but I think that during a certain period (80's or 90's can't remember, I haven't read comics for years) the stories were very good written by Claremont.
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

August 31, 2009, 09:09AM #16 Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 10:55AM by Revanchist
Actually ,I didn't read 70's ,80's ,90's comics either ,I just catch some bottom line from some comics(This is like "previously" scene on Tv Shows.)Also ,I said hand-to-hand combat which includes none weapon,but you said that too clearly,still one fight not determine the results of it,there's allways rematch to put this things clear(Civil War:Captain America vs. Iron Man),and Wolverine Origins ,doing for Wolverine fans ,we can't expect to let him lose(except Daken)(And no offence but She-Hulk was just a copy of good character which getting best-seller comics...Like Skaar,son of Hulk ...Actually ,lately ,Marvel has a problem at creativity ,they just put teams together with famous characters or getting clear famous characters memories ,or just giving some kinsman to famous characters or resurrect them and on and on and on...Even,Bendis doing it ,which one of the most succesfull writers they had...This part was a little overreacted,I admit ^^)

vision can't be mind controlled,  has super strength, shoots lasers out of his eyes, can fly, can go intangible, and if you are referring to the most recent "iron lad" version of him, he has all of iron man's powers and more. meaning he could probably take out the telepaths, with the scarlet witch's help, so the other avengers are back in the scene, and i'm pretty sure the avengers would win at that point.

Quote from: deedooo on August 31, 2009, 11:38AM
vision can't be mind controlled,  has super strength, shoots lasers out of his eyes, can fly, can go intangible, and if you are referring to the most recent "iron lad" version of him, he has all of iron man's powers and more. meaning he could probably take out the telepaths, with the scarlet witch's help, so the other avengers are back in the scene, and i'm pretty sure the avengers would win at that point.
I've read today, that Vision is not immune to telepathy. I think.

Scarlet Witch and Sentry are mentally unstable, both are easy targets for Emma, Jean or Xavier's powers, and the "only" telepath in the team is Xavier, Emma has her diamond form and Jean and Betsy are telekinetics as well.

Quote from: Iron Fist and Deadpool on August 31, 2009, 07:33AM
But, as I read here everything, everyone goes with "Prof X would mental block this, mental block that". I mean, come on, everyone sounds like the X-Men is nothing without Prof X's mental powers.

Jean is an omega level mutant, so her powers are far superior to Xavier, and Emma Frost powers has been cited as equal to Xavier's so if he's on the team or not, it's not really important.

I think it would be an epic fight but I think that the Xmen has high chances to win...

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Yeah I think that Rogue would already be tough due to her absorbing power. Iron Man is nothing with Polaris but she isn't on the team but hello Jean can control anything so she is more than a match for him.

I think at the end Thor, Wanda, Jean, and Xavier are the most powerful from both team. But both Jean and Xavier are poweful psychics and thus can defeat both Thor and Wanda.

I added Havok and Polaris to X-Men.
And Ronin and Captain Marvel to Avengers.

The final additions to the teams.

Make your new votes now.

I havent read the other posts yet, but im guessing the Avengers would win.  The X-Men are just a bunch a mutants that came together, while the Avengers are a collection of the greatest superheroes, with most of them able to take down major enemies all by themselves. So i think the Avengers would win.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

there is the fact that the fact the the rosters and strengths of teams are directly related to the circumstances and the writer(s).
and building on what nodoubt_jr said, most of the avengers have had successful, long running solo series, more so than the x-men, who have a lot of spin-offs, and many of their rare solo careers ended relatively quickly relative to the avengers. and the avengers more often than not have public and governments support (shield and stark industries, to be specific).

Yeah but public support doesn't help them in a battle like this.

i guess, but are they just put in a room and told "fight"?

X-men would win definitelly. Avengers wouldn't stand a chance. It would become a long battle but still X-men would win. And if Jean would possess the full power of the Phoenix she could alone kill all the Avengers in a second. (I know Jean doesn't fully possess the power of the Phoenix in this poll, but couldn't stop myself saying that)

And the X-men have many psychics they could together freeze if not all then most of the Avengers. And the rest could be defeated by the rest of the X-men.

Yeah, X-men would win

:xmen_logo:
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

marvelfan12345, you do know Hawkeye and Ronin are the same person, unless you're referring to the first Ronin (Echo) or the Young Avengers Hawkeye.

X-Men would win hands down, because they have Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Colossus.

Quote from: Negimia on September 01, 2009, 09:19AM
X-Men would win hands down, because they have Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Colossus.
Well, you forgot, that the Avengers have Thor, Captain Marvel and Vision, who are quite strong alone.