What are your favourite X-Men comics?

Started by TheStorm, September 03, 2009, 01:40PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Mine are definitely Astonishing X-Men and the Uncanny X-Men :)

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Astonishing and Uncanny are getting to be a flop but I still get UXM. I really love X-Men Forever and Uncanny X-Men First Class.

Oh and congrats on 200th post.

Oooh, didn't even notice :D

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Uncanny and Legacy are good, Astonishing has been crap lately and X-Men Forever so far has been a dissapointment for me.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Forever was annoying at first but after reading a little more of it I really liked it.

Current: New Mutants

All time: Original New Mutants, New X-Men: Academy X, Classic X-Force, X-Men (1991)

Dont read them much anymore except for the occasional tpb ,cant get caught up in the stories its all too convoluted and retconned.

X-Men Legacy, Forever, Uncanny, New Mutants, X-Force and X-Factor.

I like them cause they're good so far, except for the fact X-Force is nothing but a team of assassins and it's kinda annoying. As for Forever, I got it because volume 2 started publication on my birthday, June 10th and it's getting good so far.

What exactly is happening in Forever. Jean as Phoenix, Storm evil, the younger Storm, New costumes, Wolverine's death???

The original run and the last version were pretty good. Chris Claremont's Exiles and New Exiles were crap.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

I'm thinking about getting it after I finish with USM.
Ultimate X-Men was great...until Ultimatum, that was just...pointless.

I loved Exiles until Claremont's run. And i agree, Ultimatium was crap and i hated the way the X-Men went out in that.

There was no point in them going out at all, I was actually expecting them to continue after the Ultimatum like Spider-Man is, but that's rather hard now that 90% of them are dead and all...

I used to follow Excalibur, that was really the only one.(unless Alpha Flight crossovers count)
I find it's a bit hard to follow them generally, it seems like if you don't read ALL of the books you'll miss out on plot points and things tend to seem jumbled or abrupt.