Wii/PS2 (n-Space's version) talk and Official News

Started by Teancum, September 10, 2009, 05:23AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't want to be bad or something, but they reused a lot of stuff, so they should have made a lot of stuff, because they had more time. Or I'm wrong?

Yep, sorry.  You're wrong.  n-Space is a small development company (about 100 employees), and they had to build it to look good for both the PS2 and the Wii, AND get the engine and game to run smooth on the DS (which is the first time it's been on the DS).  Savage Entertainment just ported their work for the PS2 to the PSP.  Vicarious Visions is a much bigger studio (200+ employees).  I'm just happy we got it for the PS2/Wii/PSP/DS

October 07, 2009, 12:43PM #167 Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 03:38PM by nodoubt_jr
We also dont know how much funding they got or what their orders were, maybe somewhere in there they said not to outshine the VV version.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Well, we won't know the truth. But still, for me, the first game were 500 times better :)

I just think that this version could have had more stuff that MUA had. like voice for conversations, more levels, simulator missions, team bonuses, and skins.

Skins were something it needed at the very least - but something inside me says that Activision didn't want this version to trump VV's version in any way, so alt. costumes got axed.  I mean, there wasn't a shortage of alternates that already existed in XML/XML2/MUA1

Yes but N-Space won't be creating DLC for Wii. Dlc for this game is only for 360 and PS3.

Wii DLC is possible, but programmers have to build the DLC system per-game on the Wii, whereas the PS3 and 360 have built-in systems to handle it (which is why you don't see much Wii DLC).

Well, my second playthrough began. You carry over unlocked characters and gained levels and obtained medals, but not unlocked bonus missions. Heh.

The Hulk feels useless. His only two real upsides are the four passive skills instead of the two most other characters have (one of which, for instance, makes him do LOTS more damage as his health gets lower) and the MUA1 Colossus' ability of "use grabbed enemy as weapon", which The Thing now also has.
His higher levels do precious little damage when he's not in Rage mode, especially when compared to a not-yet-fully maxed out Ms Marvel (she seems to be the most damaging character in the game so far).

The Thing is FUN to play as, as his passives make him feel like an actual beast with skin of rock and heart of roll. His damage has the same issue as the Hulk, but it's somewhat offset by his dying a little less eagerly.

Jean Grey is a monster. She does above-average damage, but one of her passives gives her her legendary ability to NOT DIE, with a 50/50 chance of getting all her HP and MP back after hitting zero HP when maxed out, which when coupled with her TK makes her a worthy team member.

Gambit is wonderful at high levels, as I've already mentioned, and that's all I'm gonna say.

Thor is as problematic as before. His hammer strike power is the only one that does significant damage, but it is HILARIOUSLY inaccurate (just as MUA1, actually, all of him is just as MUA1 save for the skin) and his voice acting SUCKS BALLS. Actually, the same can be said for Spiderman and Iceman - after the 'nailed it!' voiceovers of XML/MUA1, most of the characters in MUA2 feel VERY bland, even Deadpool (despite having the same voice actor).

Luke Cage came as a surprise. As the game's optional missions require you to have a team member with Might on hand every so often (for tasks ranging from "lift a car" to "lift a rock" to "lift a column"), there is an issue of who to pick. And for me this quickly came down to either Tony or Luke, because all the other Mighty Men of Marvel SUCK IN LIVE COMBAT. The surprise is that he's the oft-dumped MUA1 character because of how bland he is there. He uses the exact same powerlist here, but it feels actually well-thought-out when compared to most other heroes. Surprising, neh?
Also, his passives seem to be the most ubiquotous in the whole game, boosting three separate parameters each. Fun times.

Daredevil is the same as MUA1, complete with broken "extendable baton" ability which does its rather high damage twice and thus kills 90% of mooks with ONE SHOT and a boost that marks enemies on the map.

Invisible Woman and Mr Fantastic feel the same way as in MUA1, meaning Sue is THE F4 member to have on your team if you absolutely 100% gotta have one.

I am still yet to unlock most of the unlockables, as they ALL seem to come from the bonus missions, except for Nanite Fury (whose powerlist makes me think of the Phalanx fondly and wonder why it was HIM and not Bullseye that had to be unlockable of all the game's bosses).

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, good for me, that I have it for X360. I mean, I hope it will be good for me, cause if the DLC's aren't good for me, then it will s*ck.

October 08, 2009, 02:38PM #177 Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 02:41PM by kfcrispy
i've finished the whole Negative Zone deal (a completely uninspired section of the game) and now i'm at the point where my characters are maxing out. level ups come very quickly, btw.
i've found these characters particularly useful/powerful..
Ms. Marvel - as Noelemahc pointed out, Prism does a LOT of damage, and she has a passive that boosts all of her power damage. In the Negative Zone area, there are tons of enemies you can't see due to the camera angles, but you see on your auto-target, and Ms. Marvel can clear the entire room in a few shots. Mega (formerly "Nega"?) Blast is useful for destroying objects. Might makes her even more useful.

Jean Grey - at high levels, her boost that returns energy from damage is really handy, and when there are mobs or bosses, I use her Mental Guardian (at max level you can have 3 going!) then proceed to spam her radial. she is very powerful, but when i'm passing through an area without a lot of enemies, she isn't as effective as others because she doesn't have instant multi-target mass-damage moves.

Mr. Fantastic - i keep him around mainly for his new passive skill that boosts the entire team's energy regen. the rest of his moveset is the same as MUA, although he doesn't do as much damage. Rubberband Recoil is still the choice attack, but it's hard to aim. I typically leave him to the computer.

Daredevil was really useful earlier when I didn't have Ms. Marvel or Mr. Fantastic (I chose Anti-Reg). the double-hit baton attack is really good and will 1-shot any generic enemy (sometimes even 3 in a line) if both hits occur (sometimes the enemy is too close or is standing near a wall, and the baton doesn't exactly come back).

btw the earlier boss battles up to when the nanite story comes into play are BRUTAL, at least playing by myself. the boss chases whoever I control and constantly attacks. i found the fast projectile shooters to be the most useful, like Iceman and Spiderman early on.. hopefully my AI buddies would stand in the computer's way while he tries to walk towards me so I can just sit back and use up all my energy.. i think Mr. Fantastic was the most annoying, because he moved around quickly and had so many knock-down and pop-up attacks. the first boss Electro is no joke, either. another problem is that Fusions get canceled if you or your partner are getting affected by an enemy attack.

Quote from: Noelemahc on October 08, 2009, 08:29AM
I am still yet to unlock most of the unlockables, as they ALL seem to come from the bonus missions, except for Nanite Fury (whose powerlist makes me think of the Phalanx fondly and wonder why it was HIM and not Bullseye that had to be unlockable of all the game's bosses).

Im still wondering why something like "Nanite Fury" made the game at all, what's wrong with regular Nick Fury?

Nanite Nick Fury isn't that bad (for me, it was a bit better then Nick Fury from MUA 1)