Wii/PS2 (n-Space's version) talk and Official News

Started by Teancum, September 10, 2009, 05:23AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Still, the faqs of n-Space reveal everything. Like I said, it's a battle between GFX, Gameplay & Content, which all need communication to accomplish. n-Space version lacks features but to me, it was a really cool and fun game. quoting TC:

QuoteI've often wondered if VV said "well, it's our engine, let us show you what we can do with it" to Activision.

What we can do.. hmm. Improve GFX (graphics, doh), trying to keep a bit of the old gameplay and add new stuff to it, but still being idiots to leave out XML2 customization, and add more content with downloads. (PS3 & 360). That might have been the thought of VV. Or still is. Who knows XD IMO n-Space goes pacman on VV ^^

I support n-Space if there was a battle between them and VV. I would, dattebayo! :P

Quote from: Noelemahc on October 19, 2009, 10:33AM
But he has TWO skins in the game files ^_^
That's what I was hoping for :)
Quote from: The Iron Power of Spider-Man on October 19, 2009, 10:35AM
But on the other side, it's not like "It's not so good, but it's because them and them, oh and them aswell". I mean, a critic or who wouldn't care with dev's and they would just say, that if it's good or not. I mean, it's like this in Hungary. Everyone can hate them for it, but still, if we like a game, but the critics don't, well then...you know.
lol, I didn't understand anything of this :)
Looks like the PS2 version is pretty good. I think I'm going to get it.
My mods:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3187.0
My mods in progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3773.0
No time for modding at the moment, sorry.

Quote from: Teancum on October 19, 2009, 10:31AM
Absolutely.  From the little I've play VV's version isn't horrible like I originally thought, but Raven has an excellent track record for making epic games.  I've often wondered if VV said "well, it's our engine, let us show you what we can do with it" to Activision.

Wasn't it Intrinsic who developed Alchemy anyway?  I thought VV just bought it off of them?  If that's the case, it really isn't their engine no.  So that would give them just as much rights to use it as Raven, because neither developed it, they just built on it.  I thought Raven did a damn good job and Activision should have let them develop MUA2.  I honestly think it would have come out way different and it would have been epic compared to the pile of steaming crap we got from VV now.  I also think that was an epic kick in the balls considering Raven built this franchise, not VV.  You don't yank a franchise out from under a developer unless they are doing something wrong.  Taking Raven off the XML/MUA franchise was probably the biggest mistake Activision has done in a long time.  Good way to fuck up an awesome franchise Activision, I hope you flop.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Yeah, but they bought the engine back in 2003, so they've done a lot to the engine since then.

Damn n-Space kind of got screwed by VV. No promotion and the last minute changes that left them with out some of the VV updates, it looks like they wanted to do more but VV messed them up.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

It looks like they set n-space up for failure on purpose to make VV look better.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I think that your a little exagerating with the rants,i mean look at spiderman web of shadows for ps2 for instance,what the hell is with that radicle change :D
Between badass 3d person-bilion combo-game(ps3,x360,wii) to crappy-limited-arcade-game (ps2,psp) :rofl:
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

What does web of shadows have to do with this? n-space had nothing to do with it.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I think he's saying that there is a "radical" difference in game play and/or graphics between a next-gen game and its PS2-port. S-M:WOS was an example.

As far as WoS is concerned, the PSP version is amazingly good. Yes, it IS!

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

well for a mini console like the psp the game loocks great but for ps2,um...nope...
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

I'm a retrogamer, for me it's never about the looks. That's why Yuusha 30 (released outside of Japan as "Half-Minute Hero") is so crazy good - it has intentionally low-tech graphics to make way for amazing fun =)

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Has anyone tried Hard Mode with DEFAULT stats? You start at level 1 and it's actually very hard at such low levels (I blazed through Hard with my data loaded from my Normal game already). The bosses have WAY too much life and they take down everyone on the team fairly quickly. I died once against the first mini-boss (the Fire guy...). The second time, I ended up running away because I lost 3 allies already and after a long time, eventually Fury actually defeated him! Go Fury! I'm afraid of continuing because even in Normal mode, Electro was pwning me. I think the trick will have to be to use auto-healing characters and let everyone fully heal between fight sequences. Seriously, it's really hard.

Yeah, it's a lotta fun, just like in MUA1 (though there it was accessible without fiddling with saves only if you bothered to add the PSP menu files to the PC version of the game). You really feel like you're leading a bunch of cosplaying wankers instead of real superheroes.

Crimson Dynamo says: