Spider-Man: Life Story

Started by TheMK, May 19, 2019, 07:07AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, I've been collecting and reading comics for about eleven years now, and as much as I hate to admit it, there's not a lot of modern comics that really interest me. But there's a new series out that's halfway finished as of this month and I am eager to see it through to completion. It's a miniseries called Spider-Man: Life Story.

It shows what it would be like if Spider-Man and the characters in his world aged in real time. It's going to be six issues overall; each issue is set in a different decade and Spider-Man grows older. In the first one, it's in the 60's, Peter is 19 years old, and is wondering whether Spider-Man is needed in the Vietnam War.

Spider-Man is my favorite superhero, and the one I've felt closest to all my life, ever since I was a kid. I'm deeply familiar with his history and I can't explain how it feels to see it reinterpreted in a manner that makes him feel even more like a real person when he's already been rightfully championed as one of the most human and relatable superheroes in existence.

I would heartily recommend this comic to any Spider-Man fan, and I cannot wait to see the rest of the story unfold.