Sega Acquires Licenses for Thor, Hulk, and Captain America

Started by GuyIncognito, April 18, 2007, 04:57PM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6169257.html

Today's deal is a "multi-year global licensing agreement" that gives Sega exclusive rights to make Thor, Hulk, and Captain America games for consoles, handhelds, and the PC. In a statement, Simon Jeffery, Sega of America's president and COO, said, "As Sega continues to create games that are built from the ground up to appeal to Western audiences it makes perfect sense to work with a powerhouse like Marvel."

*Note this is in addition to acquisition of Iron Man during November 2006*

This wouldn't affect the release of the DLC, would it?  Now that Sega got the license for Hulk and all, can Raven still release him as part of their game?  Or is this the same issue I heard about Punisher, which Raven couldn't touch because of THQ?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Quote from: Burning Rage on April 18, 2007, 05:03PM
This wouldn't affect the release of the DLC, would it?  Now that Sega got the license for Hulk and all, can Raven still release him as part of their game?  Or is this the same issue I heard about Punisher, which Raven couldn't touch because of THQ?

Not a IP lawyer, but I do not believe it does. Not unless Sega really wants to push it to stick it to Activision.

Naw, because the DLC was announced/finished off before this deal. There are also several mentions of movies, hopefully these are only exclusive deals for movie licenses. Probably not, because exclusive rights to the characters = more $$$.

Blech. Can't we have a MUA2 w/ Hulk included in the base roster and the f'in PUNISHER already? Stop whoring your licenses, Marvel! You're not pimps. I GUARANTEE that no F4/Surfer, Cap, Stark, Thor, Hulk, & Punisher = no MUA2. Spider-Man and Wolverine alone do not make Marvel's Ultimate Alliance. Even though they seem to think so :P

really...theres almost no point in speculating on MUA 2...weve lost nearly half the previous roster!

I think it depends on the type of license Sega obtained.

Quote from: rainy_de_lunche on April 21, 2007, 11:35AM
really...theres almost no point in speculating on MUA 2...weve lost nearly half the previous roster!

Time for X-Men Legends 3!!!

I would not count out mua because it sold so well anyway Marvels so massive plenty of character to please even the most picky people.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!