Fur farm: how do we fight this kind of abuse against animals? STRONG IMAGES

Started by ZOS, September 15, 2009, 08:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic
LINK TO VIDEO WITH STRONG IMAGES

Hello, all.

A friend of mine just showed me this link to the PETA site http://www.peta.org/feat/ChineseFurFarms/index.asp , which, basically, shows a day's work in a fur farm in China. It's really depressing! The animals are skinned ALIVE.

I'm sorry I won't even rant about it right now, as I'm just too pissed; and my english isn't really good enough to express how I feel about these fuckers. I hope those of you who see the video will feel the same.

"Skinned Alive

When undercover investigators made their way onto Chinese fur farms, they found that many animals are still alive and struggling desperately when workers flip them onto their backs or hang them up by their legs or tails to skin them. When workers on these farms begin to cut the skin and fur from an animal's leg, the free limbs kick and writhe. Workers stomp on the necks and heads of animals who struggle too hard to allow a clean cut.

When the fur is finally peeled off over the animals' heads, their naked, bloody bodies are thrown onto a pile of those who have gone before them. Some are still alive, breathing in ragged gasps and blinking slowly. Some of the animals' hearts are still beating five to 10 minutes after they are skinned. One investigator recorded a skinned raccoon dog on the heap of carcasses who had enough strength to lift his bloodied head and stare into the camera.

Before they are skinned alive, animals are pulled from their cages and thrown to the ground; workers bludgeon them with metal rods or slam them on hard surfaces, causing broken bones and convulsions but not always immediate death. Animals watch helplessly as workers make their way down the row.

Background
Undercover investigators from Swiss Animal Protection/EAST International toured fur farms in China's Hebei Province, and it quickly became clear why outsiders are banned from visiting. There are no regulations governing fur farms in China—farmers can house and slaughter animals however they see fit. The investigators found horrors beyond their worst imaginings and concluded, "Conditions on Chinese fur farms make a mockery of the most elementary animal welfare standards. In their lives and their unspeakable deaths, these animals have been denied even the simplest acts of kindness.

Living Hell
On these farms, foxes, minks, rabbits, and other animals pace and shiver in outdoor wire cages, exposed to driving rain, freezing nights, and, at other times, scorching sun. Mother animals, who are driven crazy from rough handling and intense confinement and have nowhere to hide while giving birth, often kill their babies after delivering litters.

Is There a Skeleton in Your Closet?
The globalization of the fur trade has made it impossible to know where fur products come from. China supplies more than half of the finished fur garments imported for sale in the United States. Even if a fur garment's label says it was made in a European country, the animals were likely raised and slaughtered elsewhere—possibly on an unregulated Chinese fur farm."

Jesus...  I can't even describe it.  I couldn't finish watching that video, that's how insane it is.  Honestly I'm feeling kind of sick after watching just a portion of it.  I'd like to find one of those guys and skin him alive to see how he likes it.  Seriously... just wow.  At first I thought this was a prank or a b.s. post or something but you weren't lying.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I'm not going to watch the video, since I've watched a lot of photos and other videos of this farms.
All I have to say is that I'm against te use of fur on clothes. I'm against of this acts of cruelty against animals and I hope that this STOP soon.

Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Yes, it's horrible. I'm DEFINITELY longing for the death of the fur trade, that's for sure.

That is one the of the reasons why youtube or other video stream sites are blocked here in china (aka MAOland) this is something they don't want the world to know about, yet, they still do it quite often...
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

I don't even wanna watch it. If it were up to me and I am allowed to do it, I would skin the humans who do all of this crap.

I watched the whole video, skipping fragments, because it really is sick! And right after lunch! I almost put the food back out! I mean, the way they treat those animals was very cruel! There was this animal (must a mink or something) that after it had the skin pealed off, was still alive! Imagine how much that poor creature was in!!! That's JUST PLAIN/PAIN SICK!

I've worked in a tannery for a year and their technicians say they can make skins out off any kind of animal! Even human hide! And I've heard how the skin is taken off of cows, goats, pigs, snakes and all... That's really sick!

I'm a friend of all animals, I just can't watch the video, cause I can't bear to even look at these things. It's sick, insane, crazy etc. I never liked animal fur, it's just sick to even wear an animals skin. I don't count these people humans, I mean, a normal human would never do these things.

Quote from: Iron Fist and Deadpool on September 16, 2009, 07:29AM
I'm a friend of all animals, I just can't watch the video, cause I can't bear to even look at these things

ditto.

and the worst part is that there are very high quality foe-fur around. The reason why people WANT to wear real fur is beyond me.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

To show off since it's expensive. Only reason I can think of.

I wouldn't wear fur even if it's the last piece of clothing on the world when I'm naked.

It's a fashion thing, really. I work in the shoe business and I see how fur is something that rich bitches, with nothing to at all to do but to show off how much money they have to buy these things... I've developed tons of man made synthetic fur and it really looks EXACTLY the same as the real thing and... COST A LOT LESS AND DOESN'T KILL ANY LIVE BEING... This is why we cannot understand the "WHY" in using real fur...

Quote from: xlehnsherr on September 16, 2009, 06:12PM
(...) I see how fur is something that rich bitches, with nothing to at all to do but to show off how much money they have to buy these things...

I now admire the activists who throw paint at the 'ladies' you mentioned. It's ultimately all their fault.

QuoteI've developed tons of man made synthetic fur and it really looks EXACTLY the same as the real thing and.. COST A LOT LESS AND DOESN'T KILL ANY LIVE BEING... This is why we cannot understand the "WHY" in using realfur...

Well, it's great to know that, in a sense, you're fighting the good fight. More power to you, really.

They should burn in hell! I can't watch as it seems to sad but I hope they get the pain of all the animals combined times 100 and overgo the same stuff. Beaten, stamped, skinned, thrown aside plus more.

yeah, they deserve a penance stare!
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."