Wolverine TAS Skin

Started by DJay Saint, September 17, 2009, 05:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 17, 2009, 05:13PM Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 10:04AM by Burning Rage
Just a quick upload, nothing more.  I always hated how crappy the X-Box version of Wolverin's TAS skin from XML1 looked really pixelated, but the PS2 version Wolverine had "back problems".  Anyway, I ended up just ripping the PS2 texture, fixing it up, and then slapping it on the Xbox model.  Due to the DXT compression it doesn't look as perfect as it does in Photoshop, but it still looks better than BOTH the PS2 and Xbox models, so I figured I would upload this "quick fix" here for you guys that want to use Wolverine's best skin in MUA and XML2.  I've included both models ala channel flipped.

Wolverine Classic Skin

Quick front image of Wolverine in XML2:

and a quick back:

If BLaw wouldn't mind though, maybe he can import the model and bump up the texture size and I can apply a much higher resolution texture to the model for MUA2 use?  Up to him though.  I haven't messed with rigging official models yet nor have I used the 3d ripper thingy we got now, and personally I kinda don't feel like doing it atm lol.  But just a suggestion if he would want to.  *shrugs*  Either way there ya go.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

He looks Amazing!

Oh & I'll see what I can do ^^ (too bad of the custom meshes in XML2 thing :'( )
All I need is the texture in.. let's say.. either 512x512 or 1024x1024 (higher = better). Oh and if you want, you could also (since it's your texture :P ) make a specular map so the lighting will be better ^^ If you don't feel like it, then perhaps I will ^^

Still gonna download this one and play around with it in XML2 ^^

September 20, 2009, 09:53AM #2 Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:29PM by Burning Rage
Sure, just throw in a random texture as a placeholder (all white or all grey or something), and I'll do a specular for him as well.  512 or 1024 is fine by me either way, I'll get him a new texture done.

Also, changed the link.  Rapidshare sucks and really isn't rapid.  I went to download the files just so I could re-mirror them and had to wait forever and still didn't get them, so I dug 'em up from my directories and reuploaded them on MediaFire.  That site is by far better, so faster uploads for everyone too.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.