MUA1 Wii - Special Edition [progress - CANCELLED]

Started by Teancum, September 18, 2009, 05:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Of course I would say Jean especially as it pleases the army of Phoenixtopians and adds a female but you have crossed her out.

My suggestions (fan base)

Jean
Gambit
Magneto
Punisher
Rogue

And I don't see a need for Doom as he breaks the story more than others crossed out.

If you drop any characters I say Ronin cause not many know her or care for her and she isn't popular.

Blade as no one really wants him either.

Fury still breaks the story and maybe Black Widow but she is actually fun so maybe no

Story breakers are out by default.  Hulk is easy to fix since he can unlock by defeating MODOK.  If someone wants to springboard off of what I'm doing that's cool, but I won't be doing story breakers.  So I guess in that sense I should cross out Cyc too.  Widow's in there because she's already done, but if we get time to find someone to fill her spot, cool.

Colossus is the same as Cyc.. Psylocke too, but she's just awesome :P

September 18, 2009, 02:04PM #18 Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 02:16PM by marvelfan12345
Yeah she is but oh well.

In that case I suggest Shulkie, Iron Fist, Punisher, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Rogue

Also can't NPCs be contained by scripts.

Examples:

Jean - make her unlock only if you save her and if you dont' change the ending so she does come back

Nightcrawler - same thing above

Cyclops - just lock in Doom's Castle

Psylocke - Same above

Quote from: Teancum on September 18, 2009, 02:00PM
Story breakers are out by default.  Hulk is easy to fix since he can unlock by defeating MODOK.  If someone wants to springboard off of what I'm doing that's cool, but I won't be doing story breakers.  So I guess in that sense I should cross out Cyc too.  Widow's in there because she's already done, but if we get time to find someone to fill her spot, cool.
Characters like Cyc and Psylocke don't break the story any more than Dr Strange or Silver Surfer do. I think the only three from the Official Chars that should be dropped by virtue of being story breakers should be Doom, Fury, and Widow.

Agree Cyclops and Psylocke are just puppets of Doom, nothing changes in the story of the game with them, and both are fun and fan favorites.
But, besides being a story breaker, Black Widow is a really great playable character, and so funny to use, I say she must be in, above Blade, Luke Cage of Fury (for example) who are boring and only few seems to like :P
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Sounds like a great mod will definetly try it out. I think Punisher and Iron Fist should be in as additional characters.

Well it was even described by the dark Thor and Spider-Man that they weren't even Thor or Spider-Man, they were just clones made by Doom.  So in that sense, Cyclops and Psylocke are probably just clones as well, so having them be playable wouldn't break the story by any stretch of the imagination.  I think Punisher should definitely make it in though.  The fact that he was left out of both MUAs kind of made me sad, I really wanted him to be in there somewhere and I'm sure most people feel that way.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Yeah I like Punisher and he should have been in MUA. In MUAII he doesn't really fit the story so I'm kinda happy he isn't in.

An unlockable Namor, perhaps? It would be kind of neat to have an entirely unlockable Defenders team (Namor, Hulk, Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer).

Quote from: Venom on September 18, 2009, 08:33PM
How doesnt Punisher fit the story of MUA2 ?

I don't know but he just doesn't feel like it. Pro side takes enemies and brainwashes them to serve them. Anti is disgusted by this and wouldn't harbor antagonists which would be Punisher.

Then Punisher would never join Pro and the whole nanite storyline doesn't fit him either. Plus would Fury work with him? He is like Strange, Wanda, Surfer. I love them and wanted them but they all wouldn't fit the storyline which is why I don't want them now as they wouldn't make sense even if they are some of my fav characters.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 18, 2009, 09:00PM
I don't know but he just doesn't feel like it. Pro side takes enemies and brainwashes them to serve them. Anti is disgusted by this and wouldn't harbor antagonists which would be Punisher.

Then Punisher would never join Pro and the whole nanite storyline doesn't fit him either. Plus would Fury work with him? He is like Strange, Wanda, Surfer. I love them and wanted them but they all wouldn't fit the storyline which is why I don't want them now as they wouldn't make sense even if they are some of my fav characters.

Yes, because everyone on the anti-registration side has always been a protagonist.  Clearly only the bad guys are allowed to be pro-registration.  Surely Mrs. Dark Phoenix herself has never hurt an innocent soul.  Wolverine never impaled anyone with a pure heart.  Deadpool is not a mercenary for hire who would join whatever side just because they are more amusing to them.  Not all of the people who are anti-registration are pure of heart my friend.  As such, not everyone on the pro-registration side are brainwashed.  Some of them really are that retarded enough to think something like that would benefit everyone.  Just because Punisher doesn't "feel like it" to you doesn't mean he doesn't belong in the story or wouldn't fit.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Don't forget that in the actual comic books, Frank joined the anti-reg side specifically because pro-reg used villains as soldiers and got kicked out by Cap because he KILLED the ones Cap tried to recruit.

QuoteWell it was even described by the dark Thor and Spider-Man that they weren't even Thor or Spider-Man, they were just clones made by Doom.  So in that sense, Cyclops and Psylocke are probably just clones as well, so having them be playable wouldn't break the story by any stretch of the imagination.
Except that Cyke is among the casualties of Doom in the Act 5 opening. As is Colossus.

And don't diss Fury, I liked playing as Fury. It's just that I understand that I might be alone in the opinion =)

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Burning Rage on September 18, 2009, 09:29PM
Yes, because everyone on the anti-registration side has always been a protagonist.  Clearly only the bad guys are allowed to be pro-registration.  Surely Mrs. Dark Phoenix herself has never hurt an innocent soul.  Wolverine never impaled anyone with a pure heart.  Deadpool is not a mercenary for hire who would join whatever side just because they are more amusing to them.  Not all of the people who are anti-registration are pure of heart my friend.  As such, not everyone on the pro-registration side are brainwashed.  Some of them really are that retarded enough to think something like that would benefit everyone.  Just because Punisher doesn't "feel like it" to you doesn't mean he doesn't belong in the story or wouldn't fit.

You realize that is in my opinion and I am not declaring to everyone "cause I think he shouldn't fit he shouldn't be playable" and ordering that to hapepn. I am stating my own opinion.

And think about this. Wolverine is now good and won't kill unless he feels the enemy must die. Jean never was DP so get your facts straight about that.

And Pro side has all villains controlled. Have you even played this game on 360/Ps3. All the villains were controlled. GG and Venom too but at the end of the game they are unlocked when they stop being controlled.

And like I said would Fury ever work with him