MUA1 Wii - Special Edition [progress - CANCELLED]

Started by Teancum, September 18, 2009, 05:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Given Noelemahc's findings here we know we can reskin MUA1/2 Wii and XML1/2 Gamecube models.  We also know that we can 100% use MUA1 and MUA2 animations, (and can probably use XML1/2) so the character possibilities just got a lot bigger.  The only thing we're missing now is sounds, which can be done manually via a hex editor, but would be much nicer to do in some sort of automated way.  I sent Winstrol an email awhile ago but never got an answer back.  Hopefully he responds someday as we now know the basics of PS2 and Wii sound formats, which covers all the systems we can mod (the PSP uses a lower quality version of the PS2 sounds AFAIK).  If anyone sees him tell him we could use his help.

The whole modding thing get better everyday :D If this keeps up, you guys will be able to do anything you want in a mod :D

Quote(the PSP uses a lower quality version of the PS2 sounds AFAIK)
Yes, it does. You have my word on that, as I've spent wayyy too much time with the stupid thing.
Quotewhich covers all the systems we can mod
The jury is still out on the DS version, but as I progress farther and farther in its version of the storyline, I grow more and more resentful towards it.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I've borrowed it for the DS, but my wife is always playing it, so I haven't had a chance to test it out.  I've looked at the ROM and unless things are inside the files that are extracted I dunno that I wanna even bother.  Skinning looks like the best we can do, and that's if you feel like it's worth it.

It ain't worth it, but I'm still fiddling for the heck of it when I can. It's experience and builds character =)

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

So the 360's "stage" file (mlm_team_back.igb) is vastly different than the Wii/PSP's file.  So much so that its not worth wasting a burned disc because I know the 360's won't work.  So that leaves us with 29 mannequin slots.  We can have secret characters much like the Xbox mod does, where you press up or down on certain characters to get other characters, but only if the game is built to allow that.  I'm setting up a disc to be burned with 29 characters (the PSPers all unlocked + the PSP stage) and I'm going to have my friend give it a run.  Along with that will be a PS2 version of Blade's 4th skin (animations and all) to see if PS2 stuff works on the Wii, as well as Alchemy 3.2 stuff in Alchemy 3.5.  Lastly Blade's 3rd skin will use one of BLaw's custom models to see if models exported by the community work on the Wii (I doubt it).  I'll report back in a week or so when this is all tested.

September 23, 2009, 08:09PM #37 Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:14PM by iammingy
Teancum, you can probably test whether your disc worked right away using the Dolphin GameCube/Wii emulator (though I fully understand the fact that you need to test the build on a real disc).

No need to do it with dolphin tho...... USb loader? ;o.

btw tc, shall I check, the gamecube options in the exporter just in case?

My friend doesn't have a USB drive to run from, just a CIOS patch so he can run modded content from the main screen.  I'll check out the emulator though and see if MUA is on the compatibility list.

my friend tested it with dolphin.. Couldn't get it to work, so. I'm curious if you can get it to work

Note: I've added a poll.  The top votes don't necessarily mean they'll make it into my Wii mod - a lot of factors play in to what I can do, and what I want to do.  But if a few characters are clearly more popular that would make a difference.  As far as my personal version of the mod goes, these are the choices.  I'm not adding anyone, so sorry if your favorite didn't make the list, but I'm not adding them.

NOTE: I've upped the max votes to a total of 8 (25 + 8 = 33 characters) just in case.  If you've already voted you can remove your vote and vote again.  And feel free to vote even if you don't have a Wii.  I'm open to suggestions for the most part, so your vote counts.

I'm personally against having any villains. I'd also remove Nick Fury and replace him with Punisher as well, though.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Yeah, me too.  The only reason I put Magneto in is because he's been known to side with good should circumstance require it, and Venom was "good" for a short while on the Thunderbolts.