Avalanche Mod

Started by darkmythology, April 19, 2007, 08:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's a mod to include Avalanche in MUA. Consider this version 1.0.

Included- Necessary data files, effects files (crudely recoloured from XML1, thanks to Blizz for converting those for use in XML2/MUA), animations files, and instructions for Avalanche's Herostat entries. The only Avalanche skin currently in circulation, repeated 4 times.

Still needed- 3 more skins. Most likely the classic big "A" skin, an X-Corps skin, and an X-Factor skin circa 1994ish (from when he was working for the U.S. govt post-freedom force). HUD Heads, which I simply need to find references for, though I believe Noehlmac may have a nice HUD in one of his HUD Head threads, but I'm not 100% sure. Voice file is nonexistant, and load screen needs to be tracked down to be included. Icons are needed as well. Basically, this is his powers and a skin, to make sure he works.

As usual, please post constructive criticism and glitches so I can work on a version 1.2. Thanks!

http://www.box.net/shared/n4c2dymcta

Awesome man.  I'll be sure to get you feedback as soon as possible.  Just curious, but why no Gladiator skin (for now)?

Good point. Just never occurred to me to slap it in there, since it's not really part of my final skinning plans. By all means though, add it to your game :) Two skins is better than one.

No comment from BliZZ yet?!?  He must still be doing backflips! :hyper:

My MUA comp is still unusable atm, should be until Monday at the earliest. Tis why I've been inactive of late. Any modding I've done in the past week and a half has consisted of converting XML1 maps for our use.

Thanks for this though. Between this and BurningRage's XML2 version, it'll be like picking between your's and tommy's Quicksilver. (Both Pietros had their merits, so I just went with 'I don't Know' :rofl:)

This is an easier choice. If you're playing XML2, use his, if you're playing MUA, use mine.   :runaway:

Dark - What grabsmash do you want to give 'Lanche? I'll be glad to throw that together for ya if you'd like.

He should already have a variation on Iceman's grabsmash built in. (Grabs the enemy, then flings them backward with a series of rock spikes). Is it not working for others?

QuoteHe should already have a variation on Iceman's grabsmash built in. (Grabs the enemy, then flings them backward with a series of rock spikes). Is it not working for others?

Not for me. That sounds cool, though.

Does anyone have killer screenies? (Yes, I love screenshots.)

great mod. nice to have a character that we will most likley never see playable in another game come under our control :)   :thumbsup2:
"Where soars the Silver Surfer,
there must he soar alone."

Thanks! I'm enjoying the mods that take the most work the most, oddly. This one is right up there.  :venom: :venom: :venom:

Who got my precccciooouuussssssss screenies for Avalanche?

What is the name of Avalanche's XTreme? (Looking forward to adding to my poll list of Favorite XTremes.)

You know me, I love screenies and XTremes? I'll be soooo happy if someone could at least post some SCREENSHOTS of guys in ACTION! Pleeeeaaaasssseeee!!!!
*Does Puss in Boot's pathetic face*

Download the damn mod and look at it yourself...
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.