How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Another crappy day today.  On the verge of a blow up of sorts, only thing I can think of to solve it at this point is some good old fashioned drinking and driving.  Only issue with that is there's some mothers out there who would get MADD.  Oh well.  Haven't been in the spirit of modding lately to be honest so I haven't done anything for a while except for the dagger for Dihan which came out like crap because of the limitations of the alchemy tools we have, so that really isn't my fault.  It still makes me angry because I know how good I can get it to look but I can't get it that way in game.  Makes me feel like an idiot because of how plain it is.  Meh.  Anyway, gotta do something for a modder real quick then I'm hitting the bars all night.  Happy hour is soon so that means $1 drinks.  If I make it in to work tomorrow I make it.  If not I don't give a crap to be honest.  Cheers.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

i love that video! the best censor out there, in my opinion (and there's a lot, believe me).

Well, feel at least a little better.  I ended up sniping an auction on e-bay and got a new set of video cards for my Alienware.  Sniping is kind of a mean thing to do (well not really, but a lot of people hate it) because you can catch other people off guard who bid low to start and usually don't go any higher because it doesn't look like they have any competition, and then suddenly someone comes out from under you and outbids you in the last 30 seconds of the auction (like I just did which helped me get the cards hella cheap) leaving you almost no time to counter-bid to win the item if you really wanted it.

But anyway, once they get here I can replace the dead video card inside my Alienware (I have 2 cards in it configured in SLI, but the parent is dead so it crashes if I enable SLI) with one of the working ones, and I have an extra which I'll just put back up on e-bay and resell it.  The cards generally go for $200 a piece, so this was a steal because I got 2 for ~$100 each WITH the SLI cable included.  I will resell the extra card I won't need at the normal going rate of $200 which means in the end I'll basically get a free video card out of the whole ordeal.  The first sign of good luck I've had in the longest time.

Now to get some good thermal grease.  I've heard that OCZ Freeze was one of the best there is to get, so I'm definitely going to pick some up.  I would overclock my CPU but with my luck, it'd fry even with top of the line thermal grease.  But anyway, by next week I'll have my awesome monster rig finally back up and running at full power again which means I can play MUA in Advanced Lighting and full graphics settings at 1920x1200 resolution again.  It's been over 2 years since I've been able to (because I just quit the game, and then the card died like 10 months ago).  I can't wait, it's been a while since I've been able to play any of my games at good settings or even play around with Max and truly jack up the pretties.  Anyway, now to finish getting drunk.  I just had to be coherent enough for the auction that I've been watching for a week now.  :rofl:  Cheers.

You sneaky bastard, so it was you! :P And no, it wasn't me or anyone I knew ^^

Got my new video cards in the mail today, along with my OCZ Freeze.  Awesome stuff getting both on the same day considering the cards came from Florida and the thermal grease came from California so I didn't expect the grease until tomorrow.  It was most definitely a pleasant surprise coming home to find them waiting for me.  That means I can install my cards right now permanently after I test to make sure they work.  Here's to hoping I can finally use SLI in my Alienware again and go back to playing games the way they were meant to be played (I love Nvidia :rofl:).  Anyway, going to install my cards now and if everything works properly as expected, probably get distracted for a long time because of my new (old) toy working again.  Cheers.

Today is my day. I've played trough MUA 2 on XBox 360 for the first time, I'm happy with my best friend and everything is going OK with my girlfriend. Nothing could make me sad today! :)

I´m pretty happy too. Theres just some school stuff that annoys me.
One reason why I´m happy is that some disagreements I was having with my dad are over now.
My mods:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3187.0
My mods in progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3773.0
No time for modding at the moment, sorry.

Well hell I give up.  The new cards work, SLI doesn't still.  As soon as I enable SLI poof, my system crashes as it did before.  Some further testing leads me to believe my video cards weren't bad to begin with in the first place.  After hours on hold with Alienware support they weren't able to help me because my warranty is up, even though I'm asking simple questions.  They suggested it could be the SLI EZ selector card that went bad, but if it did I'd get a popup error for the card.  Also, I wouldn't get the popup message that says "your system is SLI ready".  But to humor them while I was taking my laptop apart over the phone, I asked about where it was at in my laptop.  The place they told me to look for it, it didn't exist.  The card simply isn't there.

But SLI worked before and when I woke up one morning I just had a blue screen error.  I don't know what the hell is up, but I've tried every single driver out there and did everything I could possibly think of and SLI still won't work.  I think I just give up now.  I don't know what else to do, and now I just wasted $230 on video cards when it looks like I didn't have to now because the problem could be something else.  Get screwed much?  Gotta love it.

I feel good, whereas my stomach feels, well, bleh.

I feel soaked, tired, back hurts. I had to ride my bike for almost an hour to get to my future internship (which is an international company) to have a 10 minute conversation and then I had to ride my back back home, only to rest for a few hours and ride my back again for 30 minutes, only to spend 30 minutes practising with someone at the fitnesscentre I work for and then I had to ride my backa gain do deliver some mail in the freckin rain. Even my jacket was soaked :/

And I have to ride my bike again when the film my girlfriend is watching over at her mom's house has ended to pick her up and bring her home. Getting soaked, again. I reeaaaallllyyyy need to get my driver's license XD (ye I could've gotten it in those years but meh, girls... someone they have the power to make you spend all your money on them when you're "in love")

Gah.  To continue my trend of "what can go wrong will go wrong", I was doing a BIOS update for my Alienware in search of that elusive answer to my SLI system crashing problem.  Well, in the middle of the BIOS update, my laptop crashes.  It crashed after the BIOS was deleted off the chip, and around 68% during the writing process.  I mean I couldn't believe it.  In the most vulnerable "must not fail" moment, my PC fails, and it fails hard.  I just couldn't believe my eyes.  Doesn't sound too bad no?  Let me give you an inside scoop of why this is the worst possible thing that can happen to a computer:

A BIOS is what tells your computer hardware what to do and allows other software such as your OS (like Windows) to take control over your system after it boots up and determines what hardware your PC has.  It's the first thing your computer loads up and has the basic code your PC needs just to function.  Think of it as your brain.  So during the flashing process, the PC powered off and the BIOS was never written.  That's like having a brain transplant of sorts, where the old brain gets destroyed because it's no good anymore, and the new one just turned to jelly when they put it inside your head.  So what happens to your body?  Well it can't do anything without your brain so now it's a worthless pile of flesh.  Now that's where my PC is at.  It's now reduced to a $5,400 pile of junk.  Epic fail.  I can't do anything with my PC now whatsoever, and all BIOS recovery attempts have hit a brick wall face first.  I guess if you look at the bright side my SLI problem is now non-existent... mostly because my computer doesn't work at all whatsoever so now the SLI problem is the least of my worries.  *sigh*  Fuck this I quit.

I'm feeling so depressed that I just wanna shout out just so I can get it out of my system!

Nothing is working alright for me since my birthday! It seems like a snow ball just rolling bigger and bigger each day and it's almost running over me!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

QuoteI feel soaked, tired, back hurts. I had to ride my bike for almost an hour to get to my future internship (which is an international company) to have a 10 minute conversation and then I had to ride my back back home, only to rest for a few hours and ride my back again for 30 minutes, only to spend 30 minutes practising with someone at the fitnesscentre I work for and then I had to ride my backa gain do deliver some mail in the freckin rain. Even my jacket was soaked :/

And I have to ride my bike again when the film my girlfriend is watching over at her mom's house has ended to pick her up and bring her home. Getting soaked, again. I reeaaaallllyyyy need to get my driver's license XD (ye I could've gotten it in those years but meh, girls... someone they have the power to make you spend all your money on them when you're "in love")
I had to ride around in the rain too. And sometimes it was even hailing.
Give me the summer back!
My mods:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3187.0
My mods in progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3773.0
No time for modding at the moment, sorry.