How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In Canada, we don't need to go to army at all, but we would be ordered by the sheriff to become a jury once in a while...

I hope there won't be any war while I live. Or never again. Wars are always bad. Especially for my country.

Quote from: The Iron Power of Spider-Man on October 07, 2009, 10:35AM
It sounds tough indeed. As a man of peace (cause I'm one), I don't like army and other war stuff. It would be a lot easier, if there wouldn't be stuff like this, but sadly, peace can't exist without war.

Amen! Peace through superior firepower!
...Sorry.

Quote from: Noelemahc on October 07, 2009, 09:00AM
...Which means that I will soon once again be in the crosshairs of the army draft board, seeking to enlarge the ranks of the Soviet Army with the likes of yours truly (that is, sick and twisted cynical idjits with complicatedly deformed personalities).

Oh man! Sorry to hear that!

Quote from: iammingy on October 07, 2009, 10:39AM
In Canada, we don't need to go to army at all, but we would be ordered by the sheriff to become a jury once in a while...

here too.

I'm totally confused right now, because of everything which is linked with me

Does that mean I can easily hypnotize you?

BTW, I am feeling great today (so far. There is no telling what may happen in the dark and dusty confines of my mind)

Dude, no offense, but you are not funny. Really. Still, there are a lots of things, which I have to think about.

Do you think I try to be funny?

The dog on my lap isn't feeling so great. I think she's cold.

Now that you ask it, yeah. It looked like you tried to be funny. But seriously, I don't feel so good, I have a bad mood and other stuff.

Think about positive stuff instead of stuffing yourself full with world's negative stuff. For example, think about the stuff you can say with the word stuff. (trying to cheer ya up, just read your post about stuff somewhere^^)

Thanks BLaw, but I'm now a complete mess, as I said in the other topic. Maybe I need something, but I don't know what. Have to change a lot of stuff.

You are 14 (according to your profile) and you think you are a complete mess... You are still young and you have lots of chances if you keep trying. Don't give up so easily.

I didn't give up, but believe me, I have a lot of problems. It's a bit hard for a kid in my age, but I just have to solve some of them and everything will be okay.

QuoteThey won't let you extend the length of the program by one more year? or are you in the program 2+ years already?
Yup, my second year just ended, and our law allows an extra year only if you've done three and your research is 100% complete, but not yet fully published. My head of department came off slightly shocked that the dude with the shortest list of failed tasks was also the dude with the shortest thesis draft and no published articles (out here, if you're working on a post-graduate degree, you have to occasionally publish articles on the progress of your research, showcasing your discoveries, in specialized magazines -- I didn't discover nothing, so I didn't publish nothing).
QuoteIn my country we must choose between army and sivil service. You can also choose an nonweapon army, which will be like army just without any guns etc. And if you don't go to army (or sivil service) you'll go to prison -.-
Same here, except that the civil service option borders on government slavery (2x the time of an army draftee's service, virtually no pay and a need to PROVE in some way you're too pacifistic to do army service). The only good thing here is that the recent army reforms have finally taken care of the more criminal aspects of mistreatment of drafted soldiers, or so the newscasters say =)

Then again, if my medical problems get confirmed, I will be able to forget all of this and live a happy (painful) civilian life.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Noelemahc on October 07, 2009, 11:12AM
Yup, my second year just ended, and our law allows an extra year only if you've done three and your research is 100% complete, but not yet fully published. My head of department came off slightly shocked that the dude with the shortest list of failed tasks was also the dude with the shortest thesis draft and no published articles (out here, if you're working on a post-graduate degree, you have to occasionally publish articles on the progress of your research, showcasing your discoveries, in specialized magazines -- I didn't discover nothing, so I didn't publish nothing).

Damn. That's just too bad. :(