How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
that's crap. not the fact itself, but that that kind of thing happens, it just angers me. that's the good thing about going to a non-religous private school.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on October 27, 2009, 03:37PM
seriously in some schools they wont even let kids dress up for halloween and teachers have to make up stuff like "Harvest Parade" "Book Parade" or whatever so that kids can wear customes on that day and no one will complain.
Yeah, I agree that that's a little over the top. And with this:

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on October 27, 2009, 03:25PM
No its not. My guess is your religous right? Nothing about it is celebrating the devil or his birthday, who the hell knows when he was "born". Read about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

Seriously its just a fun day to dress up and eat candy, its always demented religous people who turn everything into an evil satanic thing. not everything is about god and the devil.

First of all, there is nothing wrong being religious. There are many very normal religious people. And there are religous people that take part in Halloween. And uh, do you know how Jack O' Lanterns came into existence? Satanists would offer to make a Jack O' Lantern to keep Spirits away for a family if said family would give a daughter to sacrificed. And you are right that no one knows when Satan was born, since he was not born. He was created. I will say no more about this.

More on Topic: I am feeling great! I hope everyone has fun on Halloween (or Candy-day, or All Saint's Day, or whatever you want to call it :P)

October 27, 2009, 04:54PM #242 Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 05:04PM by nodoubt_jr
Your right theres nothing wrong with being religous, its when you use your religion to close yourself of to the rest of the world, judge others for not believing in your faith, think people who are different from you are unnatural or satanic, or belive that only what your religious texts says is truth and nothing else is. Not that this applies to you, just saying what i feel.

So no it has nothing to do with the devil. kids and adults that dress up on that day are not thinking about the devil, they are thinking about getting candy and dressing up, plus partying.

and no about the Jack O Lanterns, the origin is this
QuoteOriginating in Europe, these lanterns were first carved from a turnip or rutabaga. Believing that the head was the most powerful part of the body, containing the spirit and the knowledge, the Celts used the "head" of the vegetable to frighten off harmful spirits. Welsh, Irish and British myth are full of legends of the Brazen Head, which may be a folk memory of the widespread ancient Celtic practice of headhunting – the results of which were often nailed to a door lintel or brought to the fireside to speak their wisdom. The name jack-o'-lantern can be traced back to the Irish legend of Stingy Jack, a greedy, gambling, hard-drinking old farmer.He tricked the devil into climbing a tree and trapped him by carving a cross into the tree trunk. In revenge, the devil placed a curse on Jack, condemning him to forever wander the earth at night with the only light he had: a candle inside of a hollowed turnip. The carving of pumpkins is associated with Halloween in North America where pumpkins are both readily available and much larger- making them easier to carve than turnips. Many families that celebrate Halloween carve a pumpkin into a frightening or comical face and place it on their doorstep after dark. The American tradition of carving pumpkins preceded the Great Famine period of Irish immigration and was originally associated with harvest time in general, not becoming specifically associated with Halloween until the mid-to-late 1800s.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Not to mention Satanism is a fairly recent New Religious Movement. Halloween was, and always will be, a festival with its origins in traditional Celtic religion.

There's nothing wrong with religious people. There is something wrong with ignorant religious people spouting nonsense like it's the truth.

I personally don't like Halloween because it's been exploited and lost all of its meaning.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on October 27, 2009, 04:54PMSo no it has nothing to do with the devil. kids and adults that dress up on that day are not thinking about the devil, they are thinking about getting candy and dressing up, plus partying.

And buns.  Getting lots of buns while partying.  While I'm not thinking about the devil while doing it, it was because of the little devil on my shoulder that I was only thinking about getting buns at the party to begin with.  You win some, you lose some.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I'm going to a club with a score of friends for Halloween, yet I still have eggsactly zero ideas for a costume. =(

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Go as a doppelgänger of yourself?

I'm not THAT famous to do this shtick yet. And since the party's gothic-themed, it's gonna need some serious improvising, what with my aversion to leather, latex and most other kinky materials that are fashionable amongst their crowd in this land. Let's hope they're not prejudiced against velvet.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

How about going as the Crimson Dynamo ? :P You could make it black to fit in better.
We dont celebrate Halloween in my country.

Or get a white sheet and throw it over your head? Eye-holes are optional.

Or just go as yourself and get you some buns.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

here's a suggestion I always give people: just put a belt on your head and your underwear over your bermuda shorts and go as quail man.

My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

We have Halloween here.  A friend of mine always made a big Halloween party (which is not very common here), but I guess he won´t make one this year, so the only thing I will do this Halloween will be giving candy to all the little kids who ring at my door.
My mods:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3187.0
My mods in progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3773.0
No time for modding at the moment, sorry.

We have Halloween in Finland, but it's mostly just private partying, notihng like trick-or-treat stuff...
For me I think I'll just be at home, unless one of my friends make a party, though I'm quite sure they won't :D

Btw, I feel great, we have a Finnish test tomorrow and I'm good in Finnish (better than anybody else on this forum, I can say :P ) so I think I'll make good grade
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

Gotcha! You changed your name again Death the Kidd^^
My mods:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3187.0
My mods in progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3773.0
No time for modding at the moment, sorry.