Marvelfan12345's Releases: Gambit Booster Released

Started by MarvelFan12345, October 03, 2009, 05:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 22, 2011, 05:42PM #255 Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 05:44PM by Gevth
Yup, the PS3 and 360 versions of MUA2 are the same.
Marvelfan12345's Gambit has a mix of XML2 and MUA2-PS2 powers. Because of that, it would be possible to use any power from those versions, so a 52 Pick-Up power could be implemented (as seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3jG8ciaTqE), and also a spread card throw (as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwD-QYxXOgw). The MUA2-PS360 radial and jump-throw might not be possible.

@Marvelfan12345: You took away the spread card throw, right? I've always wondered why, although it makes total sense considering that would make it 2 similar card-throwing powers. I also don't remember if you gave him his special double jump from MUA2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3jG8ciaTqE&feature=player_detailpage#t=220s ), or his MUA2 smash and grabsmash.

Yes Gambit has his special double jump and grabsmash. I removed the spread card throw because the MUA2 version replaces it with the tap card throw and it would be kinda redundant to have both.

I'm not sure if the radial and jump throw would be possible with Gambit's animations. The radial wouldn't be that useful anyway since he already has Staff Slam while the jump throw would be like his spread card throw.

I never did add 52 pickup because it was already his xtreme so I instead used a similar power from XML2 which is a more down-sized version of 52 pickup.

The jumping Explosive Hand is fine if it can't be done, but if it can be done on the ground w/ the charge feature included that would be dope and the 52 pickup radial. I understand what you mean Gevth about too many card special similarities, but im asking for it out of visual aesthetic...I personally prefer more card moves with maybe a few staff specials. Since you can only equip 3 moves and 1 xtreme anyway then it would be kool at least to have them all there and let folks choose which ones to level up like normal..although I think Hypnotic Charm could be replaced because it just seems like a lesser ability of Gambit...how about a Kinetic Motion boost that allows him to inflict more damage with his kinetic moves and heal EP quicker or something?

May 22, 2011, 06:07PM #258 Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:10PM by knightkilla
Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on May 22, 2011, 06:01PM
Yes Gambit has his special double jump and grabsmash. I removed the spread card throw because the MUA2 version replaces it with the tap card throw and it would be kinda redundant to have both.

I'm not sure if the radial and jump throw would be possible with Gambit's animations. The radial wouldn't be that useful anyway since he already has Staff Slam while the jump throw would be like his spread card throw.

I never did add 52 pickup because it was already his xtreme so I instead used a similar power from XML2 which is a more down-sized version of 52 pickup.

Wait, MUA2 kept both the spread card throw and the tap card throw, the spread throw im talking about is the explosive hand one, not the one where the cards keep flying...explosive hand is where he throws the cards on the ground in front of him and they blow up on impact, I didn't mean to call it a radial because it isnt

Honestly, im not trying to bug you to death to do these, I was just tossing around an idea...hopefully I'll learn how to make moves myself and I might try to give it a whirl

When I was making the booster I was using the Ps2/WII/PSP version which is why I removed the spread card throw and replaced it with the rapidtap card move.

You could always re-add the spread card throw to fufill your satisfaction but I won't be re-adding it to the booster because I personally don't see the point (and because in these last few days of school I'm really busy). However if enough people seem to want the power re-added I might reconsider my decision.

I do like the Kinetic Motion boost though and if I ever update this booster I might add it. Rather than make it a separate power I'll probably add the melee damage and healing to one of his existing boosts.

Sounds good, by the way you know any good power creation tutorials? Im thinking I wanna try to make em on my own to lighten your burden and share them with everyone so they can keep/edit them to their liking. Im a total noob to it so if you know a good in-depth tutorial then kindly post me a link

You should be able to find some really good ones here in the Knowledge Base.
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/board,11.0.html

I admit that I haven't really looked through the tutorials much since I was personally taught by one of the best, Whiteking :)

Damn, sounds like a pretty knowledgable dude, you must know him in person..lol if thats the case I wish he had some tutorials up himself...thanks again MarvelFan

Lol I'm not that skilled, but thanks for the kind words my friend :)
What I recommend is to read the tutorials there, and try to change the codes by yourself, most of the modders here learned about it by making some mistakes (trust me my mistakes were huge, lol, ask to  Mr. Law ;))
Then if you don't understand something and if the code didn't worked, ask, it's also easier to us if you have an specific doubt and you can learn faster.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

The MUA2 Conversion is sweet. I love it. I have been playing this mod for days. Great Job

Why doesn't she have any powers when I select her?

Have you selected her in a new game with default stats? Thats the common issue with most people.

Jean Grey MUA2 mod can't punch although I play game without default stats. Why?

Have you tried a new game along with the default stats?