Power Combos

Started by gr00grams, October 03, 2009, 08:07AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello everyone,

I am a brand new member here, and have joined for two reasons;

1. To say that these mods are great and I just wanted to express thanks to those that have created them all. I have always loved these games, and these are just great.

2. My question;

Using mods like the  X-Men mod, and the Brotherhood mod etc, I don't seem to be able to do power combos with most of the 'new' characters.

i.e.
In the X-Men mod, I'll make a team of say; Dark Phoenix, Emma Frost, Havok, Polaris etc, and my team will never combo with their powers?
Like the Dark Phoenix cannot do a power combo with Emma Frost? etc?

Or with the brotherhood mod, using a team like; Goblin Queen, Mystique, Magneto, Juggernaut, The Goblin queens power moves never seem to combo with anyone (which seems strange as she has the 'leadership' skill)?

Apologies if this has already been asked, I have tried searching a lot before I posted.
Is this just a side effect of using the 'new' characters in the mods that they do not perform combo attacks? Combos are my favorite thing to do in the game is why I ask.

Thanks,

October 03, 2009, 08:33AM #1 Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 08:44AM by Burning Rage
The modders may have forgotten to do the "combotextstarter" and "combotextfinisher" for their powerstyles, which determines how the names of the combos come up.  Or you may just not be timing them right.  I do believe that only controls the text though, so the powers should still combo you just won't see the combo text on the screen.  You should always hear the announcer say "combo" though.  Only a theory though, because I haven't played with those mods (except for mine I made for XML2) so I can't say what is wrong for sure.  But if they are missing those 2 lines of text, that would be why.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Hey thanks a lot.

I narrowed it down to the 'Dark Phoenix' and it was exactly as you said;

She was missing the combotextstarter/finisher lines, so I added them...
Now my Dark Phoenix is a combo machine!!!

Thanks,