advanced lighting

Started by Nowhere Man, October 08, 2009, 05:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's fairly easy. As a matter of fact, when you rip the model and slap the texture on it, the black line thing is gone.

But you also lose the normal map, and that's not necessary to do.  It's easy to edit by reskinning it.  Just extend the edges of the texture a bit and it's fine.  It just looks like they didn't cover the UVWs fully, which is why the black line is there.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

True, true. I'm still hoping to find a way to make normal maps on custom meshes work in MUA. I always try stuff out in Max and hope to discover something.

I just haven't found a working normal map shader for Max 5.  I'm sure a shader that supports an actual normal map would work out, or in theory at least since the game does support normal mapping.  Right now that's the biggest issue is just finding a working shader.  DirectX has one that works for 6+, but I haven't found anything for 5 which is downright stupid.  I wish we could get our hands on a newer version of the alchemy exporter, especially one that would work with Max 9.  That would make me happy.

i thought i got the black line on the face because of my crappy computer, not because some models have it. oh well i replaced all the playable skins with the ps2 versions, they all look shinier now :D
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

@ BR: that would make the whole community happy tbh :P

@ NDJR: I thought it was my PC too, till I got new components this year. Think of it, I thought it was my PC for more than 2 years :P :P

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on October 15, 2009, 01:05PM
i thought i got the black line on the face because of my crappy computer, not because some models have it. oh well i replaced all the playable skins with the ps2 versions, they all look shinier now :D

Nope, just an issue with the textures not covering the UVWs all the way.  Because the background color on all texture maps is black, the lines are black.  If the background texture were orange, the lines would be orange.  For some reason most of the texturing is fine, it's just the middle seam where the UVWs weren't covered all the way.  Have no idea why, but that's just the way it is.

Quote from: Mr. Law^^ on October 15, 2009, 01:08PM
@ BR: that would make the whole community happy tbh :P

I know how to code but I'm not too coding savvy.  I would like to find someone who could do it and port the alchemy pack to 3d max 9 or something.  But I have no idea where to start to ask for something like that.  I could always e-mail Raven but I know they wouldn't be able to give it to us.