Women in Refrigerators

Started by Nox, October 13, 2009, 11:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dihan on October 14, 2009, 01:06PM
Mister Immortal has had at least 18 rather gruesome deaths and he keeps on coming back in a bad mood. His girlfriend, Dinah Soar, was also killed.

LOL Does Mister Immortal really count though? Considering his power is that he can't die.

:off topic: my favourite Mr I death would have to be either when he impaled himself on a giant pair of scissors, or when Deadpool jammed a remote control in his head :P

Well if he is "Mr. IMMORTAL" and his power is that he can't die, then how did he have 18 gruesome DEATHS?  Kind of contradictory no?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

No his power is that he can always come back to life. So he is immortal

Immortality is the negation of mortality, which means you are not subject to deah.  I.E. you can't die at all.  If he can come back to life, that means he can die.  Thus, because he can die, he isn't immortal.  He can just resurrect himself after death.  Coming back to life isn't being immortal because he still died.  Whoever named him really screwed that part up.  So he isn't truly immortal, he just doesn't stay dead.  If he were truly immortal, he wouldn't be able to die at all.

I guess. I don't think of immortal that way but it isn't that important to me if you can keep resurrecting like Jean and Immortal Man. Of course immortality means you wouldn't get the pain of ever dying so that could be better

Immortal just means you can't die of old age.
But it's amazing what an axe can do to fix that status.
In theory vampires are immortal, yet they can die, this is like that I assume.

i beg to differ. example: olympian gods are immortal. they can't die. ever. hell, zues had all of his tendons ripped out, then hermes put them back in for him. athena busted her way out of Zeus's head with a battle-axe (which you must admit is strange).

That's invincible and immortal.You can be two things at the same time.

Invincible means you can't be harmed at all.  Immortal means you just can't die.  Obviously if Zeus had his tendons ripped out he isn't invincible now is he?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality

Notice the reference to a immortal jellyfish and crap like that, I can squash a jellyfish and eat it with a bottle of Merlot, I'm fairly certain that would kill it, don't you?

October 14, 2009, 06:36PM #25 Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:42PM by Mr. Rage ^^
It's talking about biological immortality, not true immortality.  Quick, let's skew things our way to make it look like we know what we're talking about.

Now that we got the ignorance out of the way, back on topic yeah?

*sigh* It's talking about immortality.You simply chose one definition which is hardly even used anywhere.
Vampires are immortal.Vampires can be killed.
Same goes for a considerable amount of things, the word is subjective, pointing out that your definition is the only one makes you look rather foolish.
And yes, let's get back to the topic before you decide to write an "English dictionary: The Rage way is the Right way".

I was talking about true immortality, hence a certain definition that I was using to poke fun at the character.  You're the one prancing around with this biological and other nonsense that didn't even pertain to what I'm talking about.  Not once did I say my definition was the only one.  Maybe you should learn to read yeah?  It makes you look even more foolish when you don't.  Either you like the taste of leather, or you just enjoy putting your foot in your mouth.

And I've already written that dictionary.  I also created the universe and invented fire.  Any questions?  Good.  End of discussion.

although we are off the discussion of the true definition of immortality, in brings up some interesting points into the the discussion of people in refrigerators. i mean look at deadpool or wolverine. i'm pretty sure they have never technically died (correct me if i'm wrong), but everyone around them on the other hand...

October 14, 2009, 09:32PM #29 Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:56AM by Nowhere Man
just to be clear bout some things. mister immortal is the only truly 100% immortal character in marvel comics. Death herself said she's powerless against him. So when people say a way that Mister Immortal died, he didn't really die, he just got really freakin injured that his body displayed all signs of death, but wasn't truly dead. it's said that he's going to live till seeing a universe stop existing and a new one take it's place is commomplace for him.

Oh, Olympian gods can die the same way every other god from any Earth pantheon. They're connected to earth and so, if Earth is destroyed they become mortal as well. That's why it's said that Asgardian gods are not immortal in that way cause they're actually gods of another planet who "moved" to an Earth adjacent dimension after their planet's destruction.

My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."