What is coming next?

Started by Larcetin, October 26, 2009, 11:40AM

Previous topic - Next topic
A tipster sent the following

http://product.half.ebay.com/Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance-2_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ64484928

December 2009 PC release?  Maybe that's the big news.  Sorry to re-fuel the fire, but I though it was important enough.

God i hope its true, especially if its december so i dont have to buy it for myself ;)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: Teancum on October 27, 2009, 05:07PM
A tipster sent the following

http://product.half.ebay.com/Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance-2_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ64484928

December 2009 PC release?  Maybe that's the big news.  Sorry to re-fuel the fire, but I though it was important enough.

Told you mistakes like the Games for Windows tag don't happen with a company like Activision.  :rofl:  Now I'm torn whether I want it to be the n-space version or the VV version.  Sure the VV looks a little better but the characters still look like plastic action figures.  Still, I wonder if the DLC will be available for the PC version this time around, or if we'll just have to do it ourselves and cut through company profits again.  Either way we'll be able to mod it, and mod it like hell we shall.  Now all I want for Christmas is my two front te... err an Alchemy pack that doesn't suck.  Preferably in the variety that allows easier exportation of animations, and models with normal and specular maps.  Dare to dream I say.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

If either version gets released I'd love to have a tool pack that goes along with it.  I don't see why it'd be a problem, a lot of other big IPs (Intellectual Properties) like Star Wars have games with official tools.  *IF* tools get released along with the game I'm praying for a Vicarious Visions version, because I think there's more potential there to make the game what we wanted it to be.  If they don't get released, which is really likely, then I'll take the n-Space version please.

:thumbsup: That is exactly how I feel about a VV vs n-space release
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

October 27, 2009, 07:31PM #35 Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:11PM by Burning Rage
Well and let's be honest.  Tools help sell the game and give the developers ideas for add-ons and sequels.  Look at games like Unreal for instance.  Just the tools alone sold itself to a LOT of people.  Including me, I bought Unreal 2004 for the editor to learn off of in class, and bought Unreal 3 specifically for the editor itself, the game was kind of an afterthought.  However, I played both games and thought they were actually kind of fun, and that's coming from someone who hates FPS games by nature because they are almost always copy+paste (seriously, almost all FPS games are the same... even Halo, that's my most hated game of all time in all it's overrated glory).

Tools are a fun way to increase the playability of games, as well as help people learn how to actually build games and get a sense of what it takes to actually complete a project as big as a next-gen game.  Most people don't realize the scope of a project like that until they actually sit down to do the work themselves and go "wow, I just blew 12 hours on a single character model!".  It helps someone appreciate the work a developer actually does too (unless you're like me and calls out VV for it's God awful proportions of models, but at least I have the experience to back it up).  Not only that, tools give longevity to a game by nature because people always enjoy new content, and will always come back every time something new comes out.  I guarantee if they came out with tools with the game like Unreal does they would sell the hell out of the PC version of the game.  Then again, that might be the reason they don't because Microsoft would be butthurt that something outsold it's Crashbox and no longer gets exclusive content (which is pure garbage, I want to kick Bill Gates because of that).  But that's a different story for a different day.

But anyway, I'm sure if it was N-space that did the game, it would be MUCH better than it was on the PS2 and the Wii.  Why?  The PC has a lot more capabilities than the PS2 and Wii, so they won't have to dumb the game down as much.  They could probably add more to the game, even the alternate costumes that were left out.  However, I don't have much hopes for this because N-space hasn't worked on MUA2 since January.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Dude - watch the language.  This is still a family-friendly site.

October 28, 2009, 05:46AM #37 Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:51AM by Mr. Law^^
I'm so going to buy it, VV or n-Space version or not. Ya'll can't stop meh ^^.

I hope it's in stores as early as MUA2 wii was, perhaps my friend at mediamarket can hook me up with a deal ^^

EDIT: I doubt it'll be n-space version, if you visit their site it doesn't say anything about PC games, just console games. Think we might get the VV version IF it's true.

Good news either way, as I'm upgrading my rig this weekend. Whee.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Now I'm a bit miffed that I bought it on 360. Because I would much rather have had a PC version all along. Oh well.. theres always the second hand market in a few months time..

Just remember that ain't official.  Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm not convinced until its official.

Quote from: Burning Rage on October 27, 2009, 07:31PM
Well and let's be honest.  Tools help sell the game and give the developers ideas for add-ons and sequels.

You mean make-a-level tools, or the monkeys in suits? Could go either way really :P

sorry for bumping but for what it's worth, XML3 will be a VERy sweet reward for fans like us who stuck our asses through thick and thin with XML 1 and 2
CHECK OUT <a href="http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3593.0.html">;MY BOOSTERS</a> (I NO LONGER MOD)