tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Good stuff Tommy,   i hope you don't get too stressed over the bump map stuff.   the dynamic lighting already makes your skins look awesome, im especially impressed with your classic hulk mesh in the game now, i actually have him as a skin swap for cage, thing and colossus, just so i can use different powersets.

One for Me.
Iron_Man_gold_tom. The Golden Avenger circa Avengers #1:

And heres the original Avengers in game:

Iron Man Gold can be downloaded here:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=da2cf45cb3766780c7ebdbc3610c6e3a

Spidey_bag-man_tom:

Can be downloaded here:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=d4fd2af22847a335cebcfb0bb2f1d8db

(And yes, I know he was barefoot originally (though I forget why), but this model has no toes so I put boots on him).

NICE!
is the classic iron man a new mesh Tommy?  it doesn't look like the FF one, but that could just be the keyframes and lighting differences.

Quote from: detourne_me on January 16, 2007, 12:19PM
NICE!
is the classic iron man a new mesh Tommy?  it doesn't look like the FF one, but that could just be the keyframes and lighting differences.

The helmet is from the FF one, everything else is new, (though the skin is a modified version of the FF one). In FF I kept doing him on a male_heavy model, this one is on a male_basic, and looks better for it, in my opinion.

Quotethough I forget why
IIRC, because Torch's costume he wore would've otherwise interfered with his wall-crawling :D
"Is this a super hero initiation thing?" (c) Reporter - to Bag-Man.
Good job on the baggy look :D Thumbs up!

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Noelemahc on January 16, 2007, 01:05PM
Quotethough I forget why
IIRC, because Torch's costume he wore would've otherwise interfered with his wall-crawling :D
Yes I thought I remembered something about the boots stopping wall-crawling. But then I started to think, "but the FF gloves arent a problem? And neither are his own boots, even when he bought a store made costume that time?". So I thought it couldn't be that...

Amazing Bag-man turned out great! This actually gives me an idea: Can you make the "new" Fantastic Four from the ages of apocalypse? That was a "what if" storyline where the original FF were dead and the new FF took their place. All of them wore the classic costume (dark blue body, white gloves/boots), although Ghost Rider wore his leather jacket above the costume.
This is the best picture I could find of it:

As I said, Ghost Rider wears his jacket in the comic and Hulk has actually a full-body costume.

QuoteThis is the best picture I could find of it:
I've got a scan of this ish stashed someplace, along with the other ones from the Ages... set. If need be, I can try and unearth it for reference purposes.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I'm not a big fan of the AOA, or the "new F4", and since there are already dozens of AOA skins converted from XML1 and 2, I really don't want to give priority to an imaginary version of a two issue team set in an imaginary universe that I never bothered reading about. Sorry. Not ruling them out altogether, just they aren't near the top of my want-to-see-in-the-game list.
But given that the meshes for all four characters already exist, this is more of a skin request than a mesh one, so you may be better off making a general appeal to the artistically inclined to reskin them to your tastes.

As for the Marvel Zombies, for now, No.
Thought it was a funny joke, and a nice miniseries, but have no interest in seeing them in this game, and cannot see the point. How are they going to eat anyone? How are they going to "turn" others into zombies. So sorry, you can request others to reskin my meshes as zombies if you want, but I have no current plans to make any myself.