tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: iammingy on August 28, 2007, 06:35PM
Cool!! Is that a wing next to her? :)
Yes.
Yes it is.
But I'm having problems like you wouldn't believe with getting wings to animate on the wing bones correctly.
I have a Classic X-men Angel mesh thats just about acceptable that I may release soon too.

Those are some big ole wings :laugh:

(Yay! @ an Angel mannequin)

Right,
here we have Angel_4-pack:

and Marvel_girl_3_pack:

Now, Angels wings were basically impossible to rig. Without seeing where the wing bones are in the original, and how big they are, and what they attach to, I cant get mine to behave like those of the original mesh.
So after much trial and error, and teeth grinding, I settled for the definitely Not Perfect versions here.
Makes no odds if you are only using it as a mannequin, but in game they dont look as good as they might.

The meshes can be found here:
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/MUA%20Stuff.html

:bowdown1:

You can tell just by looking at that pic how much better they are gonna line up with the skeleton. Awesome!

Tommy, there are a couple of problems with the bolt-ons:

1) Thunderbolts/Modern has crazy see-thru bow/quiver, and the hand-held bow has crazy black lines through it. The quiver is also box-like:

2) West Coast has some miscoloration on the bow (back and handheld, both):

3) Ultimate has a boxy quiver:

I haven't noticed any problems with Classic, and I haven't tried Golden Archer. If you want me to, I could.

PS: Love the way the new skeleton lines up, his idle/menu animations show some personality now!

Yeah, I noticed the same problems.  But thanks SO much for the Hawkeye updates.  They rock.

They should be fixed now.
(Thunderbolts is supposed to have the box quiver...)

Thanks, they are fixed now. (I wasn't sure whether it was intended to be boxy or not, but I wasn't pretty sure it wasn't meant to be that translucent-ish color :))

One last question pertaining to Hawkeye: would it be at all possible to either:

a) release a purple arrow that works as a projectile?
or
b) edit the boltons so they match the brown with silver tip/white feather arrows that the game already features?

I ask because it looks odd when he pulls out purple arrows and shoots brown ones.

Quote from: BliZZ on August 30, 2007, 03:03PM
Thanks, they are fixed now. (I wasn't sure whether it was intended to be boxy or not, but I wasn't pretty sure it wasn't meant to be that translucent-ish color :))

One last question pertaining to Hawkeye: would it be at all possible to either:

a) release a purple arrow that works as a projectile?
or
b) edit the boltons so they match the brown with silver tip/white feather arrows that the game already features?

I ask because it looks odd when he pulls out purple arrows and shoots brown ones.

but...but...thats what he does in the comics! (at least in the ones where I recolour the arrows purple before he fires them...)
I'll look at making an arrow, as changing all 5 texture maps and re-exporting them all again is frankly a pain (why? because they are all on one model and I have to hide and unhide the appropriate bits and load the appropriate textures for each one, leading to the sort of mistakes you saw in the earlier release).
If I were in a more churlish mood I'd point out that the existing arrow could be recoloured (theoretically) more easily than me rechanging all my meshes.

And then I'd weep.

In seriousness, rethinking it, Golden Archer has golden arrows and Ultimate has brown arrows, yes? So, we'd either need to figure out a way for different skins to launch different arrows, or edit all the meshes to have one uniform arrow color. Which is easier? I wouldn't know, as I don't know the amount of work that goes into coloring the boltons. (in your meshes OR in the model folder)

Quote from: BliZZ on August 30, 2007, 03:35PM
And then I'd weep.

In seriousness, rethinking it, Golden Archer has golden arrows and Ultimate has brown arrows, yes? So, we'd either need to figure out a way for different skins to launch different arrows, or edit all the meshes to have one uniform arrow color. Which is easier? I wouldn't know, as I don't know the amount of work that goes into coloring the boltons. (in your meshes OR in the model folder)

Recolouring them all to be the same is not much work, and I can copy/paste one into all the others.
It's the fudging about with "hide wristbands, unhide glasses, hide skirt, switch textures for all three maps, export, rinse, repeat" that I want to avoid, since I just spent about ten hours today doing that...over and over...(and I'm not even counting the two versions of Green Arrow I made for my own private amusement...
But, yes, you are right, the sensible thing is to recolour my textures (which again, the churlish me wants to point out, anyone else could do with texturefinder etc).
Give me a few days, and I'll have the will to go back and re-do them again... :bawling:

Try this:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=292f5e23213f54c4a3a81fb6495c0ae1
its the Thunderbolts Hawkeye with the Arrow recoloured.
If it matches, let me know, and I'll update the rest over the next few days.
If it doesnt, any chance you can post a pic of the arrow so I can get the colours right?

Yeah, they look pretty good. Although some of the ones on the side of his quiver are wrong.