tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The problem is likely that you didn't include your team_back file, so Hawkeye is in a non-existent slot for everyone.

Blizz, try this version of Cable:

http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/MUA%20Stuff.html

I dont know if the guns will work correctly, but try it and let me know.

I think it looks pretty good being he just did it so fast at a breath taking pace. :o
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

thank you thank you tommyboy!!!  what a great start to get my fave character into the game!!
Sariks go to hell

Look, I can't say I enjoy being told something I made looks terrible, or that I "could do better", but I support the right of expression for everyone, even if I disagree with them..
If someone has constructive criticism I like to think I'll listen, and if someone who has requested a mesh says "can you make the gun bigger" or similar, I'll try to comply, within reason.
Had Sariks said what he felt was "terrible" maybe I'd alter it (maybe he thinks it's ALL terrible though). If he'd said "the details on the straps need work" or "the face seems wrong" or something to give me a clue, I could work with that.
Just saying it's "terrible" means that, other than being unlikely to ever make anything Sariks requests, I can't do much useful to the skin.
I don't think it's a terrible skin, even though obviously it could be much better.
If Blizz (the requester) has any reasonable alterations he'd like, I'm open to suggestions.
And, as ever, bear in mind that if you really HATE my skins, you could always open up Texturefinder, MUASkinner and a paint programme and make your own, rather than just complaining about them.

I like it so I'm going to put him on Nick Fury and give him a spin 8)and what he said aerophex!!
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Thanks a bundle tommy. I'm actually testing him in XML2 right now, so if there was any way you could release a second one whose skin is RGB, it'd be nice. But this should be enough to test the weapons, so until I've tested to see if the weapons work you don't need to. I'm going to class for an hour or so, so I'll test it when I get back.

Oh yeah, sariks, please don't ask for my help with anything anymore. I'm not one to help out douchebags :P

EDIT: Well, it CTDs XML2. Don't know why. Maybe it's the textures? Works in MUA, though. Got to go now, I'll look into it more when I get back.
tommy, do you have XML2? If so, my request for you would be to see if you can get it to run in there.

Quote from: BliZZ on January 31, 2007, 12:51PM
Thanks a bundle tommy. I'm actually testing him in XML2 right now, so if there was any way you could release a second one whose skin is RGB, it'd be nice. But this should be enough to test the weapons, so until I've tested to see if the weapons work you don't need to. I'm going to class for an hour or so, so I'll test it when I get back.

Oh yeah, sariks, please don't ask for my help with anything anymore. I'm not one to help out douchebags :P

EDIT: Well, it CTDs XML2. Don't know why. Maybe it's the textures? Works in MUA, though. Got to go now, I'll look into it more when I get back.
tommy, do you have XML2? If so, my request for you would be to see if you can get it to run in there.

I'm not surprised by the CTD in XML2.
When I have tried other meshes I made in XML2 they also CTD'd.
I don't know if "official" MUA meshes work in XML2, but it seems mine don't.
It could be the textures, it could be a lot of things.
I'm not keen to spend a lot of time figuring this one out, as I already do enough of that for MUA, what with trying to find how to put gloss, specular and normal maps in, and animations, and fiddling around trying to get more than 27 characters to have more than six skins etc etc etc.

XML2 textures are in dxt3 format, with the color scheme proper. Is it possible to try putting your Cable's textures into that format? If not, I can understand that. I kinda wanted to get Cable working in XML2 first, then put him MUA, though. :-X

EDIT: Yes, official MUA models CTD XML2.

Yes, this thread had me confused till i actually read it:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=101.0

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe Xml2 used alchemy 2, my exporter is 2.5, and MUA is Alchemy 3 or 4. So its not suprising, (if this is all true) that that an earlier version of alchemy wont display meshes made with a later version of it.

So I don't think that its the texture format, as this would just display wonky colours (most likely) rather than CTD.

Oh. Okay. I'll just have to skip fixing him up to work in XML2 then(which I was going to). I'll move right on to the 'test in MUA' step. I'll get back to you in a little while as to whether or not the weapons work. :P

Tommy, just got to try out the cable skin and it looks great!  IF you feel like fine tuning, I noticed a few small items that could be tweaked. 
These are of course, assuming one replaces a nick fury skin...
The pistol in his left hand doesn't get used, can you ditch it? 
The rifle could actually be a tad smaller, when you use the SMG ability, it looks like the bullets are coming out of the middle of the gun. 
Can you also rotate the rifle in towards his body at all?  Then it would also line up with the sniper giving the appearance of one gun for all the fun. 

Either way, great work and thanks for appealing to us Cable fans!