tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on November 20, 2007, 10:11AM
Here's an updated version of the Hulk, with shorter arms, and a couple of new skins.
The pack comes with 7 skins:
Green, Grey, Original, DLC_kittbash, Fixit, Planet_hulk, WWhulk(not shown)
I recommend using the 110_supersoldier.igb (renamed, of course, as his basic animation set, as the run animation looks better).

Can be found here:
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/MUA%20Stuff.html

THANK YOU, TOMMY.

Thank you very much, tommyboy!!!

Regarding the boost animation, I think we can rename the original DLC Hulk's basic anim as a new fightstyle file (something like "fightstyle_hulk_DLC"), KO the running animation with a hex-editor (if it exists), and then build a new fightstyle ENGL/XMLB, and package file, etc...

Quote from: iammingy on November 20, 2007, 02:01PM
Regarding the boost animation, I think we can rename the original DLC Hulk's basic anim as a new fightstyle file (something like "fightstyle_hulk_DLC"), KO the running animation with a hex-editor (if it exists), and then build a new fightstyle ENGL/XMLB, and package file, etc...

OR we could use fightstyle_hulk, add that to his talent file, and use some random animation set (110_supersoldier) as 170_hulk_4_combat, removing all animations except for run/walk. I think I will actually go do that now :)

EDIT: Hulk's new running animation:

Now Hulk will only have that goofy official run/walk animation in the bases between missions, which is trivial imo.

Quote from: BliZZ on November 20, 2007, 10:56AM
PS: tommy, if you get the chance, updated Captain Marvels with the new skeletons would be great (so his star glows rather than his thigh, and so his beam comes out of his chest rather than his crotch)

Actually, I think that just re-assigning the star-beam in the powerstyle and the glowing in the herostat to the existent spine bone worked fine for me.

Quote from: boreman on November 20, 2007, 02:40PM
Actually, I think that just re-assigning the star-beam in the powerstyle and the glowing in the herostat to the existent spine bone worked fine for me.

Yes, that works to an extent, but I didn't list EVERY issue that the lacked spine bone brings up. Issues such as:
* All versions of Demon Leapers turn invisible when they attempt to leap on his back
* His torso is too thin
* The meshes just generally line up with animations much better with the extra spine bone (see pre-Spine2 and post-Spine2 Hawkeye for a visual example)

etc, etc.

Yes, renaming EVERY instance of Spine2 in EVERY file to "Spine1" should work, but then things are not positioned right on the official models (Spine1 and Spine2 have different placements within a model), with the Demon Leapers being a prime example of that.

Quote from: BliZZ on November 20, 2007, 02:53PM
Quote from: boreman on November 20, 2007, 02:40PM

Yes, that works to an extent, but I didn't list EVERY issue that the lacked spine bone brings up. Issues such as:
* All versions of Demon Leapers turn invisible when they attempt to leap on his back
* His torso is too thin
* The meshes just generally line up with animations much better with the extra spine bone (see pre-Spine2 and post-Spine2 Hawkeye for a visual example)

etc, etc.

Yes, renaming EVERY instance of Spine2 in EVERY file to "Spine1" should work, but then things are not positioned right on the official models (Spine1 and Spine2 have different placements within a model), with the Demon Leapers being a prime example of that.

If it helps any, I'm working on the Captains Marvel now.
Complete with the right number of spine bips.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on November 20, 2007, 03:07PM
If it helps any, I'm working on the Captains Marvel now.
Complete with the right number of spine bips.

Thanks a lot :)

tommy, I know you are probably busy, but something I've always wanted to see would be you MACH I-IV meshes converted for MUA (possibly with a posed MACH IV mannequin?).

And if you were feeling really generous, Classic Beetle/Redeemers Beetle meshes are some other things I'd like to see for a possible Beetle mod.

No rush, but if you are ever looking for some things to work on, those would be appreciated.

Quote from: BliZZ on November 30, 2007, 11:09PM
tommy, I know you are probably busy, but something I've always wanted to see would be you MACH I-IV meshes converted for MUA (possibly with a posed MACH IV mannequin?).

And if you were feeling really generous, Classic Beetle/Redeemers Beetle meshes are some other things I'd like to see for a possible Beetle mod.

No rush, but if you are ever looking for some things to work on, those would be appreciated.

I'll put the Machs on my "to do at some point list".

newbie alert!
after installing the Official Characters V2 patch, and figuring out how to use hero select, and character select (with ease! Thanks Norrin Radd)
I'd like to switch up a few of the Hulk skins.
What numbers correspond to Hulk's skin in the actors folder?

Thanks again guys,  love all the great work (but now its impossible to decide who i want on my team!!)

Quote from: detourne_me on December 02, 2007, 08:04AM
newbie alert!
after installing the Official Characters V2 patch, and figuring out how to use hero select, and character select (with ease! Thanks Norrin Radd)
I'd like to switch up a few of the Hulk skins.
What numbers correspond to Hulk's skin in the actors folder?

Thanks again guys,  love all the great work (but now its impossible to decide who i want on my team!!)
Hi, Detourne_me!
Sorry to be a bit vague, but it will depend on which Hulk Mod you use.
My Avengers Mod and NPC>27 Mods use 7811-7816, but the "official" DLC uses 17001-17005, I think.

Great! Thanks for the fast reply Tom, I'll give it a quick check.