tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: kfcrispy on March 15, 2007, 07:06PM
are boltons usually just on the 1st costume?
Nope, they're present in each skins (as the file size will gladly tell you), they're just all DEFINED with the code of the first (because the geometry does not generally change and because the devs painted themselves into a corner with the way the whole bolton system works).

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

By boltons, in this case I mean EXTERNAL to the mesh, as found in the "boltons" directory, not the segments which are built in (though technically, it seems the ones in the boltons dir may be exactly the same type but all in there for convenience rather than in actors.)
Just prior to my learning how to make segments in my meshes work, Noelemahc figured out how to get these working for guns etc, and they are what we originally used to give hawkeyeverine his bow.

oh
i have no clue about bolt-ons so far so it'll take some time just to study it.

Well, that's just dandy.
I've spent the last two days trying to get the head of my black widow V2 mesh to act like the built in black widow model. And all I've managed to do is to screw up the model I'd spent the last two weeks making.
So now instead of four perfectly serviceable Black Widow meshes ready for release, and a Max file I could have used as a template for all future female releases, now I've got nothing.
I'm pretty much back to where I was a couple of weeks ago.
Needless to say, I'm a bit p'd off.
When I can bear to bother with it all again, I'll go back and start over, and since I've learned some stuff, it should take less than two weeks next time.
Since I'm now tired and fed up, that process won't start this evening.
And it'll be a longer wait for those Black widow meshes, and they probably wont be any better than the ones I could have released two days ago, since I still don't know how to set the head up the way they did in the game.

Yeah, it happens every 3-6months. Either a crash just before/during a save, or (as in this case), saving something that I've broken before I realize I've broken it, thereby overwriting the good version with the bad.
I then have to come up with some clever piece of lateral thinking to get most of the way back.
I thought I'd managed that tonight, but no...
Must take this as a sign to backup to DVD tomorrow...

Well, that was quicker than I expected, it seems I DID learn something over the last two weeks.
Consequently, and contrary to my last post but one, I have some new meshes uploaded:
Black_Widow_4Pack

Captain_marvel_4pack

Yellowjacket_tom.

All can be found here:
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/MUA%20Stuff.html

F*** yeah @ Marv 4-Pack.

Thanks, tommy.

Once you finish those Ronins I'm gonna have to update the PSP mod.....

Tommyboy 2002 I was really wanting to play with Yellow Jacket but couldn't seem to get it said page not found. They all look great as par for your high standard..thanks.                       

Thank's it works.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Quote from: cvc on March 19, 2007, 11:18AM
Tommyboy 2002 I was really wanting to play with Yellow Jacket but couldn't seem to get it said page not found. They all look great as par for your high standard..thanks.

My bad, should be fixed now.

tommy, just tried your Ult Widow, and it is grrrreat!
Sure, the menu anim still looks wonky, but the MGun lines up nigh perfect (it is just a SMIDGEN to the right) and it is a grand improvement over the old ones.

The Marvs also line up with their anims much better.

GJ, as always.