tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yellow Jacket is way cool. I have to read up on him so I can give him his powers (as mua goes the closes you can find)  :bowdown1:

Btw thats some "great" lookin hair on CM,Genis
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Tommy? Question. What would happen to using your models in XML2 if you were to export them to IGB in X-Box or PS2 mode?
I ask because the Box and PS2 files from MUA work fine in XML2PC, therefore...

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Noelemahc on March 20, 2007, 12:57PM
Tommy? Question. What would happen to using your models in XML2 if you were to export them to IGB in X-Box or PS2 mode?
I ask because the Box and PS2 files from MUA work fine in XML2PC, therefore...

I dunno, but I/we can find out.
I'll export say, Hawkeye? in Xbox and PS2 format, post him/them on momoshare in the next day or two, and you guys can see wha'ppen.

Yes please, though Vell would be better as he has no boltons or anything else to confuse the issue :D
[dream]Wouldn't it be nice to have a version of Alchemy with PSP export support to be able to build a conversion algorithm from PSP to at least PS2?[/dream]

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Meh, I can't export as PSX2 (dunno why, and since I don't have a PS2 I don't intend to waste much time finding out why not), and momoshare isn't letting me upload the xbox_ult_cap_marvel I exported, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Yesh... I haven't been able to use momoshare in a few days either, it appears their server is fugged up. THX's hosting space has come in handy.\ :jumping:

I've uploaded the xbox ultimate cap marvel mesh to the ftp filespace. I have no idea if it will work, or why it wont if it doesn't.
Any Modder not able to access the FTP space, PM me.

Tommy, we can only access our own space, unless you specifically name your login (for the www.marvelmods.com/usernamehere entrance)  :runaway:

Crimson Dynamo says:

Dayamn, still CTDs. But, if we pass this on to Teancum, he might check if this will work on an actual X-box. Right?

Crimson Dynamo says:

Yup, I was thinking the same thing.  I'll be tinkering with him tonight, I'm guessing he should be fine using the anims provided earlier, and I'm 99% sure that all the other files aside from icons/portraits aren't platform dependant.

My experience is that the biggest difference in a game's platform formats has to do with textures, and occasionally, shaders. 

tommy, in case you were wondering/didn't know, your models work fine in Pitfall.

tommy, the lack of the 'Spine2' bone not only affects the demonleapers, it also has adverse affects on other things (specifically Marvel)

The 3 effects which shine are bolted onto his 2 arms and his Spine2 (which should be near his gold star on his chest), but since there is no Spine2 it bolts onto his pelvis (kinda like Cable's eye when I bolted it onto non-existent bones)
Also, his 'Star Beam' (which the icon shows as coming out of his chest star) shoots out of his pelvis. I always thought it was odd, and now I know why it happens :nod:

(I also have a little hunch that it is the cause of Widow's drunken staggering in the menu, but I have no hard evidence for this one)

Yeah, I suspect Widow would look better with the third spine bone in there.
However, at the moment my MUA modding is on hold whilst I finish up my long delayed Legion of Superheroes Mod for Freedom Force V 3rd Reich, wait for the DLC to show us how to add characters to herostat, and try yet again to figure out MUA animation files.
When the first two have happened I'll be looking at some more MUA meshing, and may start adding the third spine bone to future meshes.

Oooooo.... I may have to dust off my FFv3R CD for that!

PS: Are there any places where one could still go back and download good DC/Marvel mods for FF? (I remember one of the companies OCDed and killed fan-sites, but it has been so long that I forget which :chuckle:)