Whiteking's mods UPDATED - Emma Frost 2.0 & NPC Jean Grey

Started by whiteking, October 30, 2009, 08:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

this emma booster is clearly one of the best boosters out there,
together with nowhereman or jean_grey_phoenix's Jean, Dihan's Psylocke and jeanfan's Storm they are the most powerful team combination ever !
she sucked in XML1 and wasnt even playable in XML2 but now this mod really does her justice
may I know what is meant by adding a third skeleton and what's the second?
is it her animations or her astral form? the next time she appears in a videogame the developers should definitely see this carefully as a reference
Jean Grey is my number 1 heroine :P

Quote from: Jean_Grey_Phoenix on June 23, 2010, 06:00AM
Emma and jean are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, hope you like the new fight and the new dialogs (if you installed them) :)

Quote from: nshinnosuke on June 23, 2010, 06:33AM
this emma booster is clearly one of the best boosters out there,
together with nowhereman or jean_grey_phoenix's Jean, Dihan's Psylocke and jeanfan's Storm they are the most powerful team combination ever !
she sucked in XML1 and wasnt even playable in XML2 but now this mod really does her justice
may I know what is meant by adding a third skeleton and what's the second?
is it her animations or her astral form? the next time she appears in a videogame the developers should definitely see this carefully as a reference

Thanks you very much!
I tried to give her justice. In my opinion she's one of the best characters on XML1... as a tank. I mean she was practically invulnerable on her diamond form and her passives was amazing because they added damage to her melee moves and she reflected damage herself. I swear I can kill a Sentinel just with Emma and her diamond form in XML1. But on the other side her telepathic powers were weak.
That's what I tried to improve in this mod, give her a great offensive telepathic powers and a diamond form that protect her and at the same time can be used to punch and kick hard.

Add a skelleton means that you add another set of animations. You can see that she has her XML1 animations, but those are only 4 (tp illusions, mind control, diamond form and psychic bedlam) nothing else. So I added 2 extra skelletons, in this case, Ms. Marvel's and Invisible Woman's for the remaining powers.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

wouldnt it be cool if while in diamond form some sort of shiny boost effects appear around her body to distinguish between her human and diamond form more clearly? (maybe like Colossus' Steel Skin)
but your booster is perfect already as it is
one thing I remembered from XML1 was the bug on Emma's psionic combat passive where its damage do not increase when powered up to its max level (I was like 'what? I want my skill point back !') , while the bug was not present on Jean so combined with Mental Mastery she could kill anyone without mental resistance with one punch...
how complicated is it to add 2 more skeletons to a character ?

Quote from: nshinnosuke on June 23, 2010, 08:59AM
wouldnt it be cool if while in diamond form some sort of shiny boost effects appear around her body to distinguish between her human and diamond form more clearly? (maybe like Colossus' Steel Skin)
but your booster is perfect already as it is
one thing I remembered from XML1 was the bug on Emma's psionic combat passive where its damage do not increase when powered up to its max level (I was like 'what? I want my skill point back !') , while the bug was not present on Jean so combined with Mental Mastery she could kill anyone without mental resistance with one punch...
how complicated is it to add 2 more skeletons to a character ?

Never seen Colossus steel skin (because I've never used him lol) could you please take a screenshot for me?
Add a new effect to her diamond form is not a problem but I'll have to search for a shiny effect beacuse I don't know which one could be used.

I've never had that problem in XML1, Emma's psionic combat is fine, as I told you before she's basically the best melee fighter with the best defense on my game.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: whiteking on June 23, 2010, 06:47PM
Never seen Colossus steel skin (because I've never used him lol) could you please take a screenshot for me?
Add a new effect to her diamond form is not a problem but I'll have to search for a shiny effect beacuse I don't know which one could be used.on my game.
for a kind of sparkly effect (which would be cool) try base>items>item_sparkle.xmlb or look at some of the stuff in the northstar mod

thats true^^ she and Jean Grey where really good at handling those human form sentinels gosh i miss that game it was longer than XMl2 and harder and i didnt have a hard mode lol if you correctly level up there psionic strike then it wouldnt matter if the sentinels are mental resistance i used Emma Frost,Wolverine,Storm,and jean grey to beat the game i used jean shield cause it prattically made us invincible used Storms shield cause it took heavy damage too and used Emma and Wolvie

I'll take a screenshot of Colossus later when I got home,
I think out of all Raven developed Marvel games (including X-Men Origins Wolverine) , XML 1 is the best,
it has the best storyline, great villains and locations which makes us really feel like an X-Man
the level designs are fantastic compared those repetitive dungeon maps we find in XML2 and MUA1 (rocking out New York or battling above a ship are pretty damn cool, not to mention the appearance of the entire X-Mansion)
one of the most memorable act for me was when the mansion was invaded by some troops and Jean wasn't playable, to stop these troops from shooting the only way is by stunning them with Emma and when the Sentinels attack the mansion while Magneto was there
also the boosts and passives are very nicely done and well structured so every character feels different and the difficulty of the game depends on our choice of team and allocations of points (unlike XML2 where you could finish the game with any character), there were no stupid useless boosts like those found in XML2 (increases Luck,drop rate,energy dmg reduction,EP into HP,resistances,wth?)

In XMl1 Emma really was weak. Her diamond form wasn't bad but I am the type of person who likes using powers rather than melee attacks so she was probably the character I used the least. In my first playthrough I used everyone regularly (although Cyke, Wolverine, Jean, and Storm were used a little more than others). In my second playthrough I think I used her for 2-3 other missions besides the Astral one. So I'm glad that you've as well as others have helped make her way better in combat.

BTW I love the pink radial attack you gave Jean. I only saw it in the video so far as I haven't played Act 2 yet but the attack still looks really cool.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 23, 2010, 08:29PM
BTW I love the pink radial attack you gave Jean. I only saw it in the video so far as I haven't played Act 2 yet but the attack still looks really cool.

That's from Shadowslacks booster from XML2, it's great because Jean usually uses that attack in combination with her psychic spike, you will see what I'm talking about when you face her :)
Phoenix Endsong #5

June 23, 2010, 08:53PM #190 Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:25PM by Jeanfan321
also how did you make that skin picture collage for Moonstone with photoshop? been trying to make one for Storm but can't seem to do it right without messing up :(

EDIT:Wow im so stupid i needed to crop it lol

here's Colossus' steel skin

you can really get a feel for the metallic shine, looks awesome man

Whiteking didn't you say that you never saw the conversation Jean has with Cyclops at the end. I was just playing now and at the end of the duel Cyke didn't say anything special to Jean. I think the newest OCM stopped this conversation as the older one 1.0 and maybe 1.1 had this conversation.

BTW fought against her and she is awesome to fight against. She is really powerful especially with her radial tk attack.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on June 24, 2010, 07:29PM
Whiteking didn't you say that you never saw the conversation Jean has with Cyclops at the end. I was just playing now and at the end of the duel Cyke didn't say anything special to Jean. I think the newest OCM stopped this conversation as the older one 1.0 and maybe 1.1 had this conversation.

BTW fought against her and she is awesome to fight against. She is really powerful especially with her radial tk attack.

Reading the "Technical Problems" tread, I found that Dark_Mark detected that the problem in Murderworld was caused by Cyclops conversations, so I asumed that he erased them and that was the reason of why my game crashed when I tried to use his files.
Thanks, I'm glad that her fight is much better than before :)
Phoenix Endsong #5