Whiteking's mods UPDATED - Emma Frost 2.0 & NPC Jean Grey

Started by whiteking, October 30, 2009, 08:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ah. Makes sense.

Thanks for all your help! And seriously, Emma is my favorite character to play in MUA.

I wonder if there's an Astonishing skin out there without a cape.
"Power isn't key for the likes of us. It's skill, training, and will. All of which I possess in abundance."

Hmmm I did one for my "on progress" Emma Frost mod for XML2, but the diamond form is not compatible with my MUA mod:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/emmaastonishing.png/

I'm trying a couple of things that Gevth posted on Deedoo's workbench, if works, I'll release this skin.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

June 16, 2011, 09:11PM #287 Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 06:55AM by dabrain930
Wow.  That looks awesome. I especially enjoy the detail work on the X symbol. This costume looks great without the cape.

EDIT: So I uploaded BBTL skin which looks awesome. Shifted into diamond-mode, and it's New X-Men Diamond which is cool, since there isn't that much disparity between the two skins. however, when I blocked and shifted back into human form, it turned Emma to Medusa. Is that the inherent glitch since BBTL isn't compatible with diamond? Or is there a way I can adjust some setting so when I block, it's back to the BBTL skin?

FYI, I replaced BBTL as 19803, which is Blaws New X-Men.
"Power isn't key for the likes of us. It's skill, training, and will. All of which I possess in abundance."

Hi i'm new here and I wanna say that your mod is just amazing ^^ but i've one question. I've donwloaded the v2.0 version but i don't see the new icons that you made for emma (the one we can see on you screen for NPC jean grey mod) I think i have to edit a file but i don't know which one.
If someone can help me it will be great.
Thanks guys (sorry for my english i'm french I hope you understand ^^)

Hi, have to say love the mod, is quite and can't wait for its conversation to XML2 if that still happening, got two things to ask though.

One. Seemingly same problem than the comment above,  the hud icon. I have a comic one instead of the one in the pictures, what do I have to edit to change it?
Two, I have the issue where Emma doesn't revert to her normal skin after I deactivate the diamond form, how do I fix this? I read it's a skin replacing from previous comment, but which number is the one that's got to be replaced and which is the specifict one that I got to download to fix it?

anyways, hope you can help me out, is still amazing to play her.

I found the solution for the hud icon. Go to the hud file in marvel ultimate alliance, rename hud_head_19803_alternate.igb in hud_head_19803.igb.
You have to confirm the replacement and it's done, you have the new icon.

Uhm sorry for the late reply :S
People is still having some troubles with the first skin, and I don't know why, since it worked perfectly on my game... but yea basically I added an alternate skin that replaces the first one...
I'm going to look more into this tread and the questions here, I promise!
Glad that you liked the mod! :)
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

The fix is hexediting the skin. If it changes to medusa it means the internal number hasn't changed.

July 30, 2011, 07:56PM #293 Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:01PM by Burning Rage
Quote from: whiteking on May 25, 2010, 12:21AM
Emma Frost 2.0
Preview Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umLhumVRjc8

This mod includes:
- 9 powers (4 official powers [XML1 powers updated], 4 new powers, 1 newboost)
- 5 skins (XML1 New X-Men new model, Astonishing, White Queen, X-men the last stand/Steampunk Saloon Girl ) + 1 bonus skin not included in the herostat (Alternate XML1 New X-Men PS2)
- Sounds
- Icons, Huds, Character Banner, loadscreen (one more in progress)
- Mannequin
- Sim Mission
- New Loadscreen.
- New effect for her Diamond Form.
- New effect for her Astral Shock power.

-Emma Frost V 2.0 Link-
http://www.mediafire.com/?ztkimnjzigb

Minor fix to her Mental Spheres (5/12/2010)
http://www.mediafire.com/?bd6ydxjcb5zcov7

Thanks to:
Blizz for his original Emma Frost mod and Matt710 for his booster.
Nodoubt_jr for the help with the new textures and Empath code from his Revanche mod that was used on Telepathic Illusions.
Blaw and his amazing tutorials. Also for the New X-men Mesh (19803/19807) and the Astral Form mesh.
Tetragene for her 1st boost sound.
Dark Mark- codes and shockwaves effects.
Lord Frankie- His effects inspired me to try and finally create my own effects.
Nowhere Man- Help with the dialogs for the sim mission for Emma Frost.
Jeanfan321- Thanks for remind me that I had to work again on the sim mission ^^
Dihan- the effect for her Diamond Form.
Shadowslacks- the effect for her Astral Shock.
The people behind Wolverine and The Xmen show, some powers are inspired by.
You for download this mod.

This is probably the mod of why I'm most proud, because I played with a lot of stuff here, I finally was able to add a third skeleton, I edited some textures and effects and also I played a bit with the codes of some powers.
She started as a mini booster but slowly she became a full mod with a big update to all of her powers. First I updated her 4 original XML1 powers.
Telepathic Illusions (Fear) has a random effect on her foes, some can be stunned and some other just run in fear, It doesn't deal a lot of damage but on the other side you have all of your enemies on the radious under your control, that's really fun.
Mind Control (Command) now deals damage and also update the fighting skills of the converted enemies.
Diamond Form includes multiple resistances, telepathic inmunity and super strenght.
Psychic Bedlam has a new texture :)
And of course the new powers based on Wolverine and the X-men that you should try it so I won't say anything else :P
But enough of this, just download her and tell me what do you think ;)

Report any bug on my workbench please.

Hope you like it :)

Hey bud, been gone a while but came across this.  I just wanted to say that it's pretty good work.  It looks like a lot of ideas from this came straight from my playbook :rofl:  I took a lot of ideas from Wolverine and the X-Men as well, and had some effects similar to the ones in the mod (the fancy bolts above her head for example).  I also used Emma's voice from the show for her mod, though I'm not sure if she has sounds or what you gave her *shrug*.  Well done though indeed.

I don't remember Blizz doing an Emma Frost mod though?  Unless he converted one to MUA.  I know I did one a while ago for XML2 and thought I released one for MUA.  *shrug*  It's been like... 4 years since I joined though lol.  I have a hard time remembering who did what anymore.  Anyway, just wanted to comment on it.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Quote from: Burning Rage on July 30, 2011, 07:56PM
Hey bud, been gone a while but came across this.  I just wanted to say that it's pretty good work.  It looks like a lot of ideas from this came straight from my playbook :rofl:  I took a lot of ideas from Wolverine and the X-Men as well, and had some effects similar to the ones in the mod (the fancy bolts above her head for example).  I also used Emma's voice from the show for her mod, though I'm not sure if she has sounds or what you gave her *shrug*.  Well done though indeed.

I don't remember Blizz doing an Emma Frost mod though?  Unless he converted one to MUA.  I know I did one a while ago for XML2 and thought I released one for MUA.  *shrug*  It's been like... 4 years since I joined though lol.  I have a hard time remembering who did what anymore.  Anyway, just wanted to comment on it.

Hey friend!
It's a huge compliment because most of this was in fact inspired by you and your work in progress when you left the forum long time ago. As you remember (or maybe not lol) I was starting to mod, so when your projects, including Emma's mod, were put on progress  I decided to make my own taking some ideas from the show and improving the existing ideas on her mod as well adding some new things like textures and skins.
I wanted to add the possession power from your mod in progress but I failed lol  so I'm still looking at that from you, and of course on the incredible models that you had on progress as well (any chance of the astonishing to be released soon?, sorry I had to ask lol ;))
Yeah, according to the XML1 conversion topic, Blizz made the conversion to MUA and later Matt710 updated the mod with other powers:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,155.0.html
I know that you made the first mod for both games unfortunately when I became a member of the forum you was inactive too and your mods were not available on the sites where you uploaded them.

Thank you! It's good to see you back :)
Phoenix Endsong #5

Hi again i've another problem I replaced The astonishing skin from your mod with the uncanny skin made by Aventureiromax.

I respected the correct number for the basical skin and the diamond form in the powerstyle file, the diamond form works but when i want to turn back Emma changes into US agent.

I try to start a new game but it changes nothing, is there some file i have to edit ?

Thanks for your answer.

Thank you for your answer, but i'm a noob can you explain me how hex editing the skin or tell me if there is a tutorial here ?

AMAZING mods!!!
but the problem is that when i do the queens blessing effects dont work.....
and songbird doesn't fly for me...