Whiteking's mods UPDATED - Emma Frost 2.0 & NPC Jean Grey

Started by whiteking, October 30, 2009, 08:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Appearaning to dashing out to the right in mid-air. Other poses don't really look good :P

And I'll kind match Songbird's manny.

It looks awesome ! Thank you, whiteking !!!

I tried her out and she plays great and very powerful!  Her mannequin is a bit buggy Not sure if it's just me. It looks like she's doing a jumping jack or something? Besides that she's perfect!

Quote from: Angel on November 01, 2009, 12:46PM
I tried her out and she plays great and very powerful!  Her mannequin is a bit buggy Not sure if it's just me. It looks like she's doing a jumping jack or something? Besides that she's perfect!

Thank you! I'm glad that you liked her, and thanks to everyone for the nice words :)
About the manny that's Blaw's work, he explained to me that he's doing flying mannequins to all the characters that can fly, so he can use the front line of the menu for mannequins of characters who can't fly. And:

Quote from: Mr. Law^^ on October 31, 2009, 06:54AM
Appearaning to dashing out to the right in mid-air. Other poses don't really look good :P
And I'll kind match Songbird's manny.

I believe that the manny looks different and I liked it, maybe the pose is not a standard one but she still looks great :)

Oh by the way, Marvelfan, the patch worked? no more problems with Jean Grey?
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

The pose can look off but I like it as it is new and I need more flying characters in my screen. Also sorry Whiteking I should have told you before, the patch works. They don't clash anymore.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on November 01, 2009, 02:12PM
The pose can look off but I like it as it is new and I need more flying characters in my screen. Also sorry Whiteking I should have told you before, the patch works. They don't clash anymore.

Excellent!
I'm so happy that she's working perfectly now ^_^
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

http://i38.tinypic.com/2v8icro.jpg

I took a pic while I was testing some characters out with a pretty empty roster to show what I meant. I like the idea of the pose being different but I think that the right leg is what makes her look so odd. If it was tucked in or bent at the knee it would look more natural. The mod is still an A regardless :D

I know how she looks, I put a pic on the first page with suggstions of places where she looks great, so the mannequin does not hinder to the others.
I won't ask Blaw if he want to make a different mannequin since I know that he has a lot of work in progress and manny more to do, and I liked this one, so if he or another person want to make a new mannequin it's welcome. And I can inlcude it here with the mod as an alternate version. Until then, the mannequin will be the same.
Thanks for the suggestions and the comments :)
Phoenix Endsong #5

If nobody likes it, use the MUA2 moonstone as a mannequin. It's in a T-pose, so that'll help a while.

I'm not saying its bad or that I don't like. I was just commenting that the right legs makes the pose look odd. Didn't mean to offend either of you, I apologize if I did though.

Oh but I didn't take anything as an offense. What I said was a tip, because Mr. Whiteking is right about me being very busy and occupied, not only with MUA work but also with homework ^^

hey. i finaly got around to trying it (darned homework!) and moonstone is a great character! my favorite teams with her are either marvelous (self named) with ms marvel and her or dark avengers. one thing i noticed is that when you can use the intangimability power while flying, which circumvents the "jump to stop intangimability" addition.

November 01, 2009, 10:34PM #27 Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 10:39PM by whiteking
Quote from: ∂æ∂øøø on November 01, 2009, 10:18PM
one thing i noticed is that when you can use the intangimability power while flying, which circumvents the "jump to stop intangimability" addition.

That's precisely why I add the deactivation power "Solid". If you are walking and become intangible is easier to deactivate the power if you just jump, but if you are flying you can't do that, so just activate Solid and everything will be back to normal.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Hey whiteking, did you want the mod to use fightstyle_default or fightstyle_moonstone?

I saw these 2 statements in the herostat:

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_moonstone ;
      }

If you wanted fightstyle_moonstone, I didn't see the packages files for fightstyle_moonstone and I didn't see you define it in the talents either.

Quote from: whiteking on November 01, 2009, 10:34PM
That's precisely why I add the deactivation power "Solid". If you are walking and become intangible is easier to deactivate the power if you just jump, but if you are flying you can't do that, so just activate Solid and everything will be back to normal.
smart! ¬.¬