Apocalypse Mod - Revised

Started by Cates, April 26, 2007, 07:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 26, 2007, 07:42PM Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 09:42PM by Cates
EDIT:
Latest Version of this mod is available here:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2074.msg36810#msg36810

Here is a minor update to the Apocalypse mod.

The link:

What's New in this update:
-mannequin by MXYZPLX
-loadscreen by me
-Cape bolton (I need to recolor it a little darker, but I can't figure out how to do offsets for thismodel.)

Notes:
-the strike and hp bonuses from the growth power are timed; the actual growth animation is not. You can stay big forever, but the bonuses only last for the time listed in the talent file. If you press the power again while large, you'll shrink back down to normal size, but it will cost you the energy points to use the power. On the bright side, the bonuses will be active again as well.
-one thing I did note with the growth issue is that Apocalypse will shrink back down to standard height if you try to steal a weapon from a foe. Otherwise, you can use the grabsmash while all big 'n bad.

Enjoy culling the Masters of Evil.

Since I have failed at all attempts to make custom icons work in-game, Bishop's file is used as a placeholder. They're at least colored similar to apocalypses's powers.

I made this very basic icon file by altering some of Bish and Mags icons, but can't covert it to igb. Anyone up to the task?

Link not working

it says "We're sorry, but your file was not found on the server, it might have been removed due to copyright abuse or inactivity"

Try again.  Worked for me.

I have a question?
How do i get a herostat for apocalypse since i have tried to edit and it did not work.
I apreciate if anyone was able to help me.

QuoteInsert Quote
I have a question?
How do i get a herostat for apocalypse since i have tried to edit and it did not work.
I apreciate if anyone was able to help me.

The herostat definition for Apocalypse is included in a text file in the mod. See the main page of this site for details on how to add a new character to your game by editing the herostat.

It seems like I have a problem with the "Massive" power... Apoc does not grow larger for me...

QuoteIt seems like I have a problem with the "Massive" power... Apoc does not grow larger for me...

Did you put the Apocalypse.py script into the scripts/common folder? That's what makes him grow.

Every time I use Apoc's 1st power (an energy blast from his fists), the projectiles are always fired at the North-West direction even if I aim it at other directions or have locked on a target...

QuoteInsert Quote
Every time I use Apoc's 1st power (an energy blast from his fists), the projectiles are always fired at the North-West direction even if I aim it at other directions or have locked on a target...

I just tested the mod on my machine and I'm not seeing that happening. In fact, that power has worked fine from the first time I downloaded cvc's mod. He's firing towards his lockon or the general direction he's facing. Tried it in different skins as well. I don't know what to tell you since it's working fine on this end. Are you seeing the energy balls/globes? Or is it another effect?

May 03, 2007, 09:57AM #13 Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:04AM by Teancum
@ Cates -- I'll get your icon set ready, but I'll probably use something higher-res for Apocalypse.  Any of these pics suit your fancy?  (I like the idea of being zoomed in on the eyes, so we'll do that with one of these pics)

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Apocalypse_%28En_Sabah_Nur%29/Gallery

Here's my favorites: (in order)

May 03, 2007, 11:47AM #14 Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 11:49AM by Cates
SWEET. Thanks for pitching in. Having real, unique icons makes such a difference to me in terms of a mod's "professionalism." The bottom picture is the coolest, but if we're just doing eyes I like number 2 because of the facial wrinkles. If you're putting it together though, you get the final say :)

By the way, feel free to swap out any of those icons for better ones. I don't really like the bullet-hitting-the-ground one for his Piledriver power, but it was the best my feeble graphic skills could produce.

If I know you can do graphic stuff, I might make a few other requests. (I.e., a Pyro HUD--I hate playing without at least one good HUD pic. And Pyro has none.) I can make HUDs if you can make it game usable.