Apocalypse Mod - Revised

Started by Cates, April 26, 2007, 07:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 18, 2007, 11:41PM #45 Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 11:50PM by iammingy
Quote from: Cates on May 18, 2007, 11:16PM
QuotePerfect! The red looks really neat!

Btw, what software do you use for image editting?

Thanks! My program is a very basic photo editor, PhotoSuite from Roxio. However, I made great use of its "colorize" function to recolor Apocalypse without losing the textures of the muscles or the sheen on his gloves, etc. I also used the clone option often to recreate tones or textures in different areas (like trying to disguise the chest ornament.)

BTW, had some early difficulties in effects for Sunspot. Back to the drawing board tomorrow.  :bawling:

Cool. I use ACD Photo Editor, which has a function similar to that "colorize" function you mentioned. For me, it does not always work that well; the color doesn't come out that great. That's why I just colored the AoA Sunspot simply black...no surface textures... lol

Good luck with your Sunspot mod! ^_^

Quote from: cvc on May 18, 2007, 11:17PM
Oh yeah that skin is another work of art Cates can't wait to see what you do next :hyper:

classic Apoc!!!

QuoteCool. I use ACD Photo Editor, which has a function similar to that "colorize" function you mentioned. For me, it does not always work that well; the color doesn't come out that great.

A couple of times when the color didn't work, I used the lighten function to sort of drain the base color, then colorized atop that. Worked very well on Apoc's leg bars, for instance.

SO then, no reply? Does this help?
In regards to Apocalypse not shrinking after his grow move...

Well, I'm pretty much a coding dunce, but could you just use the same codes that make Jugs grow big and then shrink from XML-2? I think it was called Crimson Rage or some such. He'd get bigger and  bigger as he hit people, then shrink down. You can at least get an idea as to how to set up the coding for shrinking and maybe put it on a time limit, as Apocalypses powers are currently set on a time limit.

Sorry if this is useless, just trying to help out,

You guys rock!

~Johnathan

I have XML2 on GC, so any files I use from there have to come from other kind folks. I know how to make him grow and shrink; the issue is the differnet mechanism used to add the attack and HP bonuses as well. They use the talent/powerstyle files, while the growth is from a py script.

Again I'm not of a programer, but Jugs got stronger as he grew as well. And I thought that you had a problem of him getting stuck big until you used the power again. My thought was that you could get an idea from Jugs code of how to make it set on a time limit. Could be a useless notion but I'm just trying to help out.

You guys Rock!

~Johnathan

hey the link on the first message doesnt work for me? can some1 reup it?

I still got the one I made in jan or feb. but Cates made many improvements.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

Oh, sorry. Only read a few pages in. Thanks btw.

It's great mod ! But I think Apoclayspe can fly ?

August 19, 2007, 01:29AM #59 Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:31AM by Onua
I know Apocalyspe can fly with telekinesis. But what's is Telekinetic propulsion a apocalypse power in this mod or a real definition of is capacity to fly.