Apocalypse Mod - Revised

Started by Cates, April 26, 2007, 07:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteIs there a screenie of Apocalypse in action? Or doing his XTreme? Also, does the game crash?

There are a couple of screens for him in the XML2 Bad Guys thread. And no, he's never crashed my game.

Brand new stuff for Apocalypse: an AoA skin! (The XML2 skin is actually an Ultimate skin)

It's still a WIP, but it's not so bad for my first shot, IMO. A few things are beyond my control, like the metal shape on his abdomen and a detail on the boots, but I'm pretty pleased.

I'll finish touching it up soon and repackage it with the mod. A new HUD will come with it.

Menu shot . . .

and morphing up for Celestial Smash . . .

Since we're on the subject of improving Apocalypse:
1) Can someone show me his XML2 npcstat def? Surely there's a way to get his arm tubes to show up.
2) Are there bolton capes available? He could use one in both the Ult and AoA skins.

Sweet screenies! You got any of him doing Rise of the Horsemen?

Quote from: Cates on May 17, 2007, 09:29PM
Since we're on the subject of improving Apocalypse:
1) Can someone show me his XML2 npcstat def? Surely there's a way to get his arm tubes to show up.

stats {
   ainocover = true ;
   body = 140 ;
   characteranims = 41_apocalypse ;
   charactername = Apocalypse ;
   dangerrating = 25 ;
   large = true ;
   level = 55 ;
   mind = 140 ;
   name = Apocalypse ;
   power1 = power1 ;
   power2 = power2 ;
   power3 = power3 ;
   power4 = power4 ;
   powerstyle = ps_apocalypse ;
   scale_factor = 1.17 ;
   skin = 4101 ;
   sounddir = apoc_m ;
   specific_health = 8000 ;
   speed = 140 ;
   strength = 140 ;
   team = enemy ;
   textureicon = 37 ;
      talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = might ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = boss_resistances ;
      }

talent {
      level = 90 ;
      name = monst_dmg_high ;
      }

Race {
      name = Mutant ;
      }

BoltOn {
      bolt = Bip01 L Hand ;
      model = models/bolton/apocalypse_power_4_left ;
      slot = ebolton_weapon ;
      }

BoltOn {
      bolt = Bip01 R Hand ;
      model = models/bolton/apocalypse_power_4_right ;
      slot = ebolton_weapon ;
      }
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

May 17, 2007, 10:27PM #35 Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 01:59AM by jonchang
When I install him, the game won't crash rite? ;D
:apocalypse: Go Apocalypse! :apocalypse:

Oh and one more thing...Plz. get a screenie of Apocalypse doing Rise of the Horsemen! Will be much appreciated.  :thumbsup:

May 17, 2007, 11:04PM #36 Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 03:29PM by iammingy
You ask this question in almost every other thread... lol
Why wouldn't you trust our friendly modders here at least once? :D

No, it doesn't crash!
You can get a high quality screenie in PNG format by pressing F11.................. after you've installed the mod... :P

lol.  :laugh:

Too true. I extremely LOVE XTremes and screenshots. And yes, because I have already downloaded Mandarin and Holocaust in, but I'm planning on changing Holocaust to Apocalypse.

In regards to Apocalypse not shrinking after his grow move...

Well, I'm pretty much a coding dunce, but could you just use the same codes that make Jugs grow big and then shrink from XML-2? I think it was called Crimson Rage or some such. He'd get bigger and  bigger as he hit people, then shrink down. You can at least get an idea as to how to set up the coding for shrinking and maybe put it on a time limit, as Apocalypses powers are currently set on a time limit.

Sorry if this is useless, just trying to help out,

You guys rock!

~Johnathan

Well, so far no good on the cape or his arm tubes. I tried recoloring the death's hand cape and attaching but, neither it nor the arm tubes are showing up despite multiple attempts.

In the meantime, here's an AoA skin and HUD. They're named to overwrite the files in this mod and become skin 2.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=97f5da87668f03a582e0963b2908658e

It's not perfect by any stretch, but I like the looks of it in-game. This is my first ever skin, so feedback is appreciated.

Perfect! The red looks really neat!

Btw, what software do you use for image editting?

Sry. for my impatience, :ugh: but,

RISE OF THE HORSEMEN SCREENSHOT!

QuoteSry. for my impatience,  but,

RISE OF THE HORSEMEN SCREENSHOT!

You could ease your impatience by simply installing the mod. It takes fives seconds and another 10 to edit your herostat. I simply keep all the files for all the mod characters in my MUA folders, then edit the herostat as needed. I'm working on a third skin for Apocalypse, as well as (yay!) Sunspot files, updating Pyro and Sunfire, etc. With all this, and as I already know what his Xtreme looks like, I have little motivation to fight through the game to get his Xtreme up and take a screenshot. Sorry if you think I'm being unreasonable.

QuotePerfect! The red looks really neat!

Btw, what software do you use for image editting?

Thanks! My program is a very basic photo editor, PhotoSuite from Roxio. However, I made great use of its "colorize" function to recolor Apocalypse without losing the textures of the muscles or the sheen on his gloves, etc. I also used the clone option often to recreate tones or textures in different areas (like trying to disguise the chest ornament.)

BTW, had some early difficulties in effects for Sunspot. Back to the drawing board tomorrow.  :bawling:

Oh yeah that skin is another work of art Cates can't wait to see what you do next :hyper:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!