MUA1 Character Mod Catalog

Started by Cates, April 28, 2007, 09:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic
For making MUA loading screens from general images:

width : height
        1.6 : 1.42
or 1.6/1.42 : 1

XML2 loading screens are probably too low-res. You should use any XMLs 1&2 concept arts you find on the net.

XML2 should not require any special scaling factors, I think...
I will tell you guys how I found the scaling factor later, ok?

It seems XML2 loadscreens do require special scaling. I can't get an XML2 screen to extract properly with the skinner no matter how I configure the cfg line. There's only the 512 and 256 mips, but I can't get the height to work properly. 512,512 doesn't work, nor does 512,256, nor do half a dozen other combos.

So, extract them with texture finder. Shouldn't be too hard to find the big one.

Never done that before. Is that the camera icon? Nevertheless, it still looks like that screenshot I showed on the previous page of this thread: cut in half.

The MUA one from Iammingy is fine and ready to go once I get something to import to it.

Crop off the bottom, and that is the original 512x512 XML2 load screen

OK, my inexperience is clearly showing here. At 512 width in texturefinder, this is what I get.

Grr. At any rate, I must sleep sometime. Back at it in the morning.

You have to adjust the offset until the image is fixed :laugh:

See where it says "0"? Move the arrows (or type in numbers to get the general area, as Beast's was at 90000 something) to adjust.

June 13, 2007, 09:48PM #82 Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 09:54PM by Cates
Really? I thought that was just a colorshift. As I said, inexpereince  :)

EDIT: Got it looking correct, and working in the skinner too. Now to sleep . . .

June 13, 2007, 09:51PM #83 Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 10:05PM by Norrin Radd
Quote from: BliZZ on June 13, 2007, 09:43PM
You have to adjust the offset until the image is fixed :laugh:

See where it says "0"? Move the arrows (or type in numbers to get the general area, as Beast's was at 90000 something) to adjust.

Thanks for the info, I was having this problem elsewhere using a 13 or 14 shift.

Nice wallpaper for Beast (if it's wallpaper)

Very organised layout for the Catalog. I am most impressed.

I am Cates's unofficial new mod herald, since I find new mods and PM him about them rite Cates? :laugh: :laugh:

...about telling Cates to add Toxin 1.2 to the first page... I see that it's added already!!! ^_^ Thanks Cates!