Marvel Movies News

Started by Nowhere Man, December 17, 2009, 02:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic

First glimpse of Hawkeye alright. He was there for like a second, in a dark place, so all I could make out of it is a guy with a bow. Nothing about the costume or anything. And, well, it feels odd, how Thor did that Dropkick. I think hitting stuff with his fists suits him better.

IGN's Thor review: 3.5/5 (includes mild spoilers) http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1161564p1.html
Basically, it says Thor is at its best when it's about Asgard and it's royal family, and it spends more time in Asgard and has less comical relief moments than what the trailers have led us to believe.
Both Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Tom Hiddlestone (Loki) are good on this.
The negative: Apparently, the ending fight scene is underwhelming (probably like in the first Iron Man's), and that Thor's appreciation of Midgard doesn't really correspond with the time he brief time he spends there.

Thor may not be a game-changer for comic book movies, but it's a solidly entertaining one most noteworthy for taking what could have been utterly campy material and making it dramatic and relatable. There's action and otherworldly elements to appease the core fans and possibly even win over some skeptics, and enough humor and humanity to engage general audiences.

Glad to hear that the movie won't be overloaded with girly, teeny giggle-fest jokes. They would have really ruined the movie. It does sound pretty good. I can get over a lame final battle. I mean, look at Iron Man; Iron Monger was around for a whole X (not many) minutes, which mostly involved him falling from space, talking trash and missing all his shots, but it was still a great movie. Hopefully the same will be true for Thor.
The COOL TEAM:

Paulie Provenzano - "You--?! You weren't there a second ago! And you're talking directly into my head?"
Jean - "That would explain the echo."

Just went to see Thor today and all I can say is WOW! The movie was great - better than Hulk, any Spider-Man movie, Iron Man 2, and possibly even getting close to beating Iron Man 1 (although I might just be thinking this because of the initial "wow" factor which might wear off later).

The fight scenes were great - loved Thor smashing frost giant head - and even though one fight near the end ended kind of quickly, it was followed by another fantastic one soon after.

One thing though, don't bother with 3D - go see 2D. With 3D its like they got 2D footage of the actors and made it stick out slightly further than the background - ie 2 layers of 2D. Not worth having to pay extra and it gets kind of distracting.

My new favourite line; "Bring me a horse!"
The COOL TEAM:

Paulie Provenzano - "You--?! You weren't there a second ago! And you're talking directly into my head?"
Jean - "That would explain the echo."

Today's Thorsday!
(...wait for laughs...)
Thor's released in my country today, and depending on some friends, I'll be going to watch it either today or tomorrow. I just couldn't miss the chance to use that wordplay.

here it's tomorrow. but I'm only gonna watch it saturay. I'm soooo looking forward to it ^^
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Lol when I read Thorsday I was like What? Did that get mispelled, I didnt think it was that hard to spell! Lol Thor gets released next Friday in North America or at least the US On Frosday HA HA FAIL!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

just watched Thor. loved it. and my parents who are not really familiar to the comic book except through me, kept repeating all the way back home "now that was a great hammer" LOL

May 06, 2011, 08:39PM #386 Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:41PM by fox456
For you guys who saw the movie, what did you think of the actor who plays Thor?  To me, he seems too short and small in size and doesn't seem to have a very strong "aura" about him.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

I thought he did a great job, and a choice almost as good as Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man (not saying he was as good as RDJ, just that he fit the role almost perfectly).
And short and small?

Chris Evans is 1,83m (6'0 ft), Samuel L. Jackson 1,85m (6,1 ft), and yet Chris Hemsworth towers over both of them at 1,90m (6,3).
The only problem I had with his action scenes work is that Mjolnir didn't feel like the powerful weapon it's supposed to be.

SPOILER ALERT

I thought his height was fine, thought mjolnir did seem powerful (in fact it seemed that everything he did was with the hammer, I mean, the only feet or strength was turning that huge table). I really liked the movie, give it 5 starts, like with X2, and the 2 ironman movies (the only marvel movies I gave 5).

My criticism is more towards Loki. The actor is awesome, but the magic was extremely underused. He's the 2nd most powerful socerer in all of Asgard (after Karnila). It was borderline outrageous to have him face Thor in a physical fight instead of using his magic all the way.

The other thing I found strange was that, unlike the comics and the mythology, Odin did not kill Laufey when they fought. So, instead of adopting an orphan, he pretty much KIDNAPPED Loki from his father, which I thought was extremely evil of him.

The rest was all great. Read some people complain that it didn't show the scope of Thor's powers, but dude, he's quite probably the most powerful of all marvel superheroes and this is not the only movie they want him in. I'm not talking only about Avengers, but the sequel to his and the Avengers movie which, depending on the box office, will be made. The guy can do nearly everything. Give it time. After all, he wil fight the Hulk eventually.

I saw it yesterday and it was great! I thought it was going to be a little stupid but it was worth it! 3D was awesome! It was actually funny in many parts of the movie and then very action packed! The actors were great, but I think Loki could have done more... I wish Enchantress was in it

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS