Marvel Movies News

Started by Nowhere Man, December 17, 2009, 02:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So sad, half the reason I would watch the movie is gone now. Kinda weird that Scott and Jean wouldn't be in this movie.

August 21, 2010, 10:27AM #211 Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:29AM by Pentasaurus
Quotation taken from the Coventry Telegraph - The Geek Files (article to be found here: http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2010/08/x-men-first-class-will-fit-in.html)

'[Director Matthew Vaughn] wouldn't answer whether there is more focus this time on the relationship between Cyclops and Jean Grey, in the absence of Wolverine: "I can't shed any light on that at all. I think that would be giving too much away. You'll just have to wait and see. It's going to be worth it."

Is it? Is it really?

I guess the question is, can Xavier and Magneto carry a movie? It sounds like they'll have to.
The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived. (Oscar Wilde)

Also,  i just saw some interviews with the actor who plays thor, and some scenes (kinda from ''behind'' viewpoint), and theyre just letting Thor wear human clothing and stuff, didnt Thor always used to wear his godly uniform? Also, i reallllly hope theyre focusing more on Asgard then on Earth, since Asgard is awsome :D

Quote from: Pentasaurus on August 21, 2010, 10:27AM
Quotation taken from the Coventry Telegraph - The Geek Files (article to be found here: http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2010/08/x-men-first-class-will-fit-in.html)

'[Director Matthew Vaughn] wouldn't answer whether there is more focus this time on the relationship between Cyclops and Jean Grey, in the absence of Wolverine: "I can't shed any light on that at all. I think that would be giving too much away. You'll just have to wait and see. It's going to be worth it."

Is it? Is it really?

I guess the question is, can Xavier and Magneto carry a movie? It sounds like they'll have to.

If Scott and Jean aren't even in the movie then how can their relationship be in it?

Hmm? I probably should have mentioned the date of the article. It refers to an IGN interview about two and a half weeks before it was revealed that Cyclops and Jean Grey wouldn't be in the movie.
The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived. (Oscar Wilde)

I haven't said this before, but I'm totally fine with not having Jean Grey and Scott Summers in this movie. Moreover, I'm totally happy because of it. They started to get on my nerves, especially Jean Grey, because she has like a million boosters/mods and I start to think, that creating a booster/mod about her is like breathing for some people :D Plus, if it's Summers, I prefer Havok (Go Alexander! Go Alex! :D )

So you basicly are happy Jean is not in the movie thanks for the boosters of this site? :P

Well, in short: It's kinda good, that something X-Men related is not Jean Grey related. I don't mind the boosters/mods, but there are way too many, at least for me :D

Well I don't mind if jean and scott aren't in it but its called xmen first class.scott was the first xman and jean was the fifth

Edit: I also am getting sick and tired of the constant boosters for jean too.we should really focuse on boosters for cyclops beast angel iceman and better yet marvel girl.I personally think marvelfan12345 booster for jean and nshinnoke is great to.

Well, considering the fact, how the marvel films look like, we should have known, that it will be an "original" idea. But no problem. Besides, I will only watch it, because it's Marvel.

About boosters: Someone should make boosters for characters, who doesn't have one yet. For example: Spider-Man. I don't really like his powers in the game, I mean, he doesn't really have a melee move (does he even have one?). If there is one, than just read the line before the example, because that's what I wanted to tell.

This is not really a place to disscus boosters though :P

I personally think X-men first class isnt gonna be all that great, specially cus it only focuses one two of the most boring mutants ever (for my part) the old guy in the wheelchair, (who i do realise is now the young guy who can walk, but still :P) and the human magnet :P

However, im very curious about the villians who make an appearance :) (hope Emma wil appear as a villain)

Did I hear right, that Xavier will have hair? :D If he will have, than it won't be him at all :D

There will be a love triangle between Xacvier, Magneto, and Emma. Wonder where Moira fits in as she is also mentioned as Xavier's lover. Also likely a romance between Azrael and Mystique.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/111/1115970p1.html

Now these could be interesting. If I were an executive at Marvel, I'd probably be pushing a Luke Cage film, with cross-cameos between these movies.