Marvel Movies News

Started by Nowhere Man, December 17, 2009, 02:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I know you were just saying what you thought. But so were we. Venom is to used up. And because your a Venom fan you find him better then the other Spiderman villians. There for you can't say anything good with them. They could make something good. Like I said above movies aren't supposed to fallow the comics just be based on them. There for they wouldn't just get beat up in 5 seconds. Im just saying what I think to and what I think is we need someone other then Venom and a new story line not used before.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I'd rather see a good movie than the wishes of the fanboys granted. Except for DragonBall Evolution aka the biggest crap in history.

If a Marvel Movie has good actors, no plotholes and characters which get real attention during the whole movie in terms of background, I'm set to watch it.

Quote from: BLaw on August 05, 2011, 03:33PM
I'd rather see a good movie than the wishes of the fanboys granted. Except for DragonBall Evolution aka the biggest crap in history.

If a Marvel Movie has good actors, no plotholes and characters which get real attention during the whole movie in terms of background, I'm set to watch it.

I agree.

And I know what it feels like to be a crazed fan of something... Jean.... But I know when she needs to be there and when she doesn't. I wish she had been in First Class but it was an amazing movie, and didn't need her. I dont really care if they put in her in the next if they mke one as long as its good. I want her there but I could care less if she was. Now the comics dont get me started XD

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I actually think a Venom movie would be kinda cool although it would be too scary for me to watch :D

I'd love to see Jean in another First Class film too! Some time ago there was a list on characters who should be in the next First Class films and Jean was number one on the list so it shows her popular demand. But besides her I'd love to see Polaris as well. I think she'd be a really cool choice especially if she is part of the X-Men but then learns her identity as Magneto's daughter. Who knows...maybe she could turn out to be Cyclops' mother alongside Havok.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on August 05, 2011, 03:36PM
I agree.

And I know what it feels like to be a crazed fan of something... Jean.... But I know when she needs to be there and when she doesn't. I wish she had been in First Class but it was an amazing movie, and didn't need her. I dont really care if they put in her in the next if they mke one as long as its good. I want her there but I could care less if she was. Now the comics dont get me started XD
The fact, that a movie is good depends on people. Lets take me for example: I believe First Class was crap because of plotholes, stupidness and the fact, that such a movie would always make me angry (or any ultimate fanboy like me: by Ultimate Fanboy, I mean, that I prefer the real comics stuff, not what some Hollywood producers come up with). And most likely, this "Spidey for little teenage girls" won't be my favourite. I mean, I know all that talk and drama is part of Spidey's stories and character, but is it hard to make a bit more action based story? The only thing I REALLY didn't like in previous Spidey films, was that there wasn't enough Spidey. Just lame-a$$ Peter Parker, just like in this new movie. I know it's an origin story and that this is kind of a remake, but I believe every person, who knows Spidey, already knows his origin story, so why remake it? It's not THAT interesting. Let's take Superman Returns for example: It's decades after the previous Superman film and it's a sequel to Superman I and II, they changed the cast (I know, they had to due to the previous cast would have been too old now, but it still counts) and yet they were still able to pull off the film. Which means, they could have just done the interesting turn and make a bit more action based, interesting Spidey movie, with more puns and little bit less drama. Believe me, kids love superheroes, but they don't want to watch a movie about a kid, who has issues. So yeah, these are my thoughts....!....(WHOA! This is a lot!)

I have a lot of faith for the new Spider-Man. While the director is relatively unknown, so was Sam Reimi. I consider Andrew Garfield to be physically a better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire, and I think that in the previous trilogy they pushed too far the nerdy aspect of Peter, which so far they don't seem to be doing. And while I don't think it's possible to compare the characters of MJ and Gwen Stacy, and while I don't have anything bad to say about Kirsten Dunst as an actress, Emma Stone is IMO one of the better actresses of the moment. Period. I won't go into more details about it, because if someone told me she's going to make a movie with her being a tree in the background I'd be the first in line.

What worries me: they taking the dark and gritty too far.
What I'm cautiously hopeful about: correcting the few flaws they made in the first 2 movies (and the many they made in the 3rd). Killing villains in the movie they were introduced. Shoehorning characters into Peter Parker's personal story (i.e. Sandman), as opposed to introducing them for future movies. Off-character behavior (taking the mask off everytime, MJ being a drama queen). Etc.

I wish they would make a more grown up Spidey. Andrew Garfield has 28 years and he looks like a boy I know that this movie is about ultimate spider-man with Gwen and everything so why not call him that and not The Amazing Spider-man.

And for First Class 2 they could add maybe Cyclops and Jean although I am not a fan of them at all. For me those two are the most annoying I rely didn't like the Dark Phoenix saga.

For me the best two mutants in the X-men universe are Magneto and Wolverine. And in First Class Magneto was great and Wolvie had a funny cameo. And it's true the movie is better without Wolvie as the center character who is VERY overused. The X-men are about the team not about the one character.

Well I dont think anybody should be whinning about the new Spiderman movie until its out or you may end up eating your own words. I think it will possibly be really good, but I wont know until I watch. And it doesn't really matter if you dont really like Scott  and Jean there and many others to like them. Same with the Dark Phoenix saga. That saga was what picked up X-Men off its feet and showed what comics could do. But thats off topic.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on August 06, 2011, 10:05AM
Well I dont think anybody should be whinning about the new Spiderman movie until its out or you may end up eating your own words. I think it will possibly be really good, but I wont know until I watch. And it doesn't really matter if you dont really like Scott  and Jean there and many others to like them. Same with the Dark Phoenix saga. That saga was what picked up X-Men off its feet and showed what comics could do. But thats off topic.

I really don't like it when people judge or whine, Marvel is putting money into Spider-Man when they could easily have not, I think we should all just sit back and enjoy the ride (and the swing) with Spidey in the movies

August 06, 2011, 03:20PM #459 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:04AM by Eddie Brock Venom
Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on August 06, 2011, 10:05AM

I said that I don't like Scott and Jean, I was thinking what I would want/ wouldn't want in First Class 2 and there is allot of people that don't like Jean. And for me the most boring saga was the Dark phoenix saga I didn't like it at all.

And I didn't say that the Spiderman movie will suck I said that his outfit sucks BIG TIME.

Quote from: Eddie Brock Venom on August 06, 2011, 03:20PM
I said that I don't like Scott and Jean, I was thinking what I would want/ wouldn't want in First Class 2 and there is allot of people that don't like Jean. And for me the most boring saga was the Dark phoenix saga I didn't like it at all. Scott and Jean a boyscout and a messup with a burning canary inside of her :venom:

And I didn't say that the Spiderman movie will suck I said that his outfit sucks BIG TIME.
there's no need to be so negative. there's no problem with having an opinion about things, when you aggressively try to throw them at other people and don't accept their views as legitimate then it begins to borderline on rude

And the very best option would be to continue with the Marvel Movie News. I've read that Cap America didn't really get a good rating on some sites O.o Anyone seen it?

August 07, 2011, 02:18AM #462 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:22AM by Gevth
I saw it, gave my impressions in the last page. It's really good, though I liked Thor better (so far, IMO, the Marvel Studio movies rank so: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk). According to Rotten Tomatoes, only one out of every five reviewers think it's bad, and the average rating is around 7/10, or 3.5 stars.
The most important thing is that Chris Evans doesn't disappoint in the role. Some critics actually say that they were expecting a train wreck, but Marvel managed to make an entertaining film. It's worth seeing, as long as you don't expect an Iron Man or a Dark Knight (or X2 or S-M2).
As for AS-M, here's an interview to the actor who plays George Stacy that states exactly the biggest reason why I think it's going to be good: The 2 main actors, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, are really talented people. http://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1186605p1.html
As for the whole Venom thing, I'll just say that I wouldn't mind seeing him in a new Spider-Man, since in S-M3 they got the character unbelievably wrong. Like Phoenix in X-3 or Gambit in Wolverine. S-M3's Venom doesn't count as a decent Venom.

EDIT: Ok, I seem to have a massive crush on Emma Stone, so if you want to ignore my comments on her I wouldn't blame you.

Aww XD

I actually thought Iron Man 2 was awsome, so I buyed the dvd, and its rare thing that I buy dvd's, because mostly, im one of these guys who watch movies one time in the cinema, and then be like ''ok, I have seen it, I dont wanna see it again'' :P, basicly because I already know whats gonna happen

So far, im incredibly happy Scarlett Johansson got re-casted as Black Widow in the Avengers, some people say she was a horrible Widow, but thats most likely because the orignal Black Widow is russian, and Scarlett Johansson sounded plain American :P
I just love the fight scene :)

Also, I didnt really pay attention, but it got me thinking,(And I was wondering if anyone wants to answer it)

*SPOILERS FOR THOR*

The guy in Thor who shoots Thor down after he tries to lift Mjolnimir but finds out he's still unworthy, was that Hawkeye? Im pretty sure they called him Barton in one of these scene's, but I was pretty confused, because that made Hawkeye already work for S.H.I.E.L.D? Plus, Thor still needs an invite to S.H.I.E.L.D for The Avengers right?

*End of Spoilers :)*

So yeah :P

My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

anybody else get the original human torch reference in captain america? loved that haha
possibly my favorite part of that movie was all the subtle and not so subtle references to the comics and the other movies. not to say that it was a bad movie: i thoroughly enjoyed it. and they had dum dum dugan! haha that was brilliant