Marvel Movies News

Started by Nowhere Man, December 17, 2009, 02:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Midnightphoenix on October 26, 2014, 05:07PM
I do hope they will consider them Inhumans, as it is better then nothing. Although I have heard that they were experimented on and that is how they got their abilites.
That's correct. It shows them in the post-credits scene of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. If I remember right it's Baron Von Strucker who is experimenting on them.

I saw an idea put out in other comic forums about maybe making it that their mother was actually inhuman. Making them both. With the movie versions being able to say they inherited their powers but just sort of avoid ever bringing up the mutant idea and help promote the Inhuman brand even more.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Quote from: Teancum on October 26, 2014, 08:15PM
That's correct. It shows them in the post-credits scene of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. If I remember right it's Baron Von Strucker who is experimenting on them.

Thank you for the clarification Teancum! I saw them in the credits scene, but I guess I never thought they had been experimented on.

If they do happen to be Inhumans, it could be interesting if they then are brought into the Inhuman movie as well.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

AMAGAD.

And Avengers Infinity Wars 1 & 2, Captain Marvel, Inhumans, Thor - Ragnarok are announced as well. And Cap 3 Civil War. Guess I got my movie shopping list done :P

I am really excited for Inhumans and Captain Marvel. AndThanos finally gets his time to shine in Infinity Wars after randomly showing up every so often.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

The comic book fan in me is excited they've gotten this far to green light these all! The business man in me wonders if they should have waited to see how much money Avengers 2 makes in comparison to Avengers 1 before greenlighting soooo many productions in one sitting. I sincerely doubt anything will go horribly wrong, but still that's so much to do before you know how healthy the franchise will be at the end of phase 2. They've got more guts than me in that department for sure.

But more power to them! Hopefully this gets even more obscurer characters the chance on the big screen.
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Also add Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to that list.

And I agree Oddark, while I am really excited for them all, it doesn't seem like the best decision to be making all these announcements  when they don't know how things will turn out. They already showed a 6 second preview of Thanos and his fully gem-ed out Infinity Gauntlet for Infinity Wars so it appears they are quite confident. And while I am sure they won't do terrible, it still seems like a bit of a risk.

Hm, so i´m a bit confused they are going to do a Captain marvel movie, with carol Danvers, but isn´t she Ms. Marvel?
So it´s the same thing, or she is now Captain Marvel?
I wish she appear as Ms. Marvel, with a better costume xD

October 29, 2014, 12:01PM #983 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:40PM by Techon 7
Quote from: dsl on October 29, 2014, 10:10AM
Hm, so i´m a bit confused they are going to do a Captain marvel movie, with carol Danvers, but isn´t she Ms. Marvel?
So it´s the same thing, or she is now Captain Marvel?
I wish she appear as Ms. Marvel, with a better costume xD
I have a few ideas on why she's going to be Captain Marvel.

1. She's Captain Marvel in the comics now.
2. The new Ms. Marvel is adored and can be introduced as a teen sidekick, (and tie in to the Inhumans) sooner rather that later.
3. Her Captain Marvel costume is likely easier to adapt to live action and to the costume market for young girls than her one piece outfits of the past.
4. Captain Marvel is a gender neutral title. (see Tangled and Frozen).

edit: 5. Marvel won exclusivity to the Captain Marvel name from DC. DC's former Captain Marvel is apparently getting a movie titled Shazam. So, there's that as well.

On comic:
*You mean the new black Ms. Marvel who was introduced in Spider-Verse 616?
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Quote from: LarsAlexandersson on October 29, 2014, 02:30PM
On comic:
*You mean the new black Ms. Marvel who was introduced in Spider-Verse 616?

I think you are talking about Kamala Khan who is actually a Pakistani-American, and I agree they could introduce her as an Inhuman if they wanted too.

I'd imagine a Carol movie would still use Mar-Vell in some way as a supporting role. But just giving her the mantle much earlier.

Giving some love to the new Ms. Marvel could be cool too. They could introduce her as a minor character in Captain Marvel and then reveal her to be an Inhuman in the Inhumans movie.

And I may have heard wrong but isn't DC's Captain Marvel now just going by Shazam anyway?

Quote from: Oddark123 on October 29, 2014, 03:38PM
I'd imagine a Carol movie would still use Mar-Vell in some way as a supporting role. But just giving her the mantle much earlier.

Giving some love to the new Ms. Marvel could be cool too. They could introduce her as a minor character in Captain Marvel and then reveal her to be an Inhuman in the Inhumans movie.

And I may have heard wrong but isn't DC's Captain Marvel now just going by Shazam anyway?

Yeah I believe he does just go by Shazam since Marvel has the right to the name now.