Marvel Movies News

Started by Nowhere Man, December 17, 2009, 02:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 19, 2016, 07:10AM #1140 Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 07:23AM by Lightning249539
I have a question. Why don't Hollywood produce more money to include more Super Heroes and villains in marvel/dc movies??

:storm:

It's mostly an economic reality. While for the most part, it's a much more recent phenomena to have movies with so many characters moving around it and that in movies such as modern super heroes a lot come with their own individual special effects. Compared to like say a movie with a big battle where a good chunk of your pieces are CGI.

We've seen them move forward under the general idea that in these "universes" we see characters being played by name actors (or some sub-level) and with each of them comes their own needs. Unlike in the comic book versions of these stories, you can just draw in hundreds of characters on any given issue. Here for every character they want to add, comes with a real actor, with a real salary, and real only allotted so much time.

And with all the more money they spend, it's all the more money they need to earn back to make a profit. We aren't really at that point yet where every thing is clear. They are making plenty of money, but not enough to justify even larger budgets than they already have. With time and success that could very well change.

For counter examples, look at some things that feature a lot of different characters, a bunch with special effects. But often you'll find they only spent big casting money on a big name or two, and padded out the rest of the cast with talented but less demanding names. Which made them able to utilize more characters, and not make their movie/show blow too much of a budget.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Quote from: Owl City on March 26, 2016, 07:40AM

They should've added Mystique skull on her head and make her hair into a bob cut.

New X-Men: Apocalypse posters!

So Cloak and Dagger are getting a tv show on Freeform.  :cd:

Which while cool for them, also reeks of the limitations of sticking all live action marvel into the universe. Since I can't imagine Freeform would have picked Cloak and Dagger over the much more popular teen/YA characters marvel has. But when everything has to play ball with what movies rights they have and world building in place, this is apparently the best Freeform can give us.
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

I love the X-Men posters they look awesome.

I am excited to see Cloak and Dagger get brought to the small screen as long as it is done right. Though it would be nice to see them have some interaction with the X-Men.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

One other thing that I am now realizing myself and others may have jumped the gun on. Marvel and Fox are co-producing a tv show based on Legion for FX and it's apparently not in either "universe". The runner calls it "parallel" which to be honest just sounds like a fancy word for "it's similar but it's own thing so we don't have to be accountable if we don't feel like following continuity with either films"

So maybe there's a chance this is it's own thing? I admit to being a little skeptical someone at Freeform was asked "Hey which marvel characters would you like to make a show on?" and answered "Cloak and Dagger". But I guess we'll see as we get more information.

The Doctor Strange trailer has arrived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwcSki7r9cQ

As well as some new posters.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Doctor Strange looks neat! The trailer confused me a little at times, but overhaul it seems quite a bit different than all other Marvel movies released  thus far.

X-Men: Apocalypse gets its official International poster, with the third trailer coming later today.

If they make a Cloak and Dagger TV show is it possible they can make a Xmen movie based on the New Xmen like the Hellions group or other characters like X-23, Moonstar, Surge, Elixir, Icarus, and some other new Xmen and have Emma Frost be their teacher?

I feel like Emma Frost doesn't appear in the Xmen films as much as Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, and some of the  other main Xmen characters considering she plays a major role in the Xmen as well.

Quote from: Lightning249539 on April 13, 2016, 07:14PM
If they make a Cloak and Dagger TV show is it possible they can make a Xmen movie based on the New Xmen like the Hellions group or other characters like X-23, Moonstar, Surge, Elixir, Icarus, and some other new Xmen and have Emma Frost be their teacher?

I feel like Emma Frost doesn't appear in the Xmen films as much as Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, and some of the  other main Xmen characters considering she plays a major role in the Xmen as well.

As much as I would like for Emma to return, Days of Future Past seemed to imply that she was killed like the other mutants from First Class, the fact that the Sentinel's in the future also had the ability to turn into Diamond seems to confirm that she is dead. But I suppose since we didn't see a picture of her body there could be some hope that she is alive.

As for the younger mutants, Fox has plans on making a New Mutants movie, though I'm not sure what characters will appear in it.

This falls on the catchy side. Marvel has full tv rights to everything still. But they are making tv shows also be in their film universe. So despite having tv rights to a lot of characters, they won't be appearing in anything that is set in the MCU.

The only exception so far as I said is that Marvel and Fox are co-producing a show about Legion for FX that the creator has said isn't intended to connect to either studio's "universe" except being parallel to them.  Nothing's been said officially on Cloak and Dagger yet as far as yet. Which honestly can go either way.