425 Additional Alternate Skins

Started by fox456, January 12, 2010, 09:42PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Bash me if im wrong, but there's no tutorial on how to install skins, around, right?

Cause thats the big deal with me and those skins, i see some i like it and i dont know how to install them, a tutorial would be nice.

Quote from: M@pple on May 17, 2013, 04:56PM
Bash me if im wrong, but there's no tutorial on how to install skins, around, right?

Cause thats the big deal with me and those skins, i see some i like it and i dont know how to install them, a tutorial would be nice.

They are very simple to add, you download the skin which will just be a .igb file. You open the actors folder, and you rename the skin you just download to the number of the character you would like to replace it with.

Say you download a skin for Colossus. His number is 78 so his four skin numbers would be 7801, 7802, 7803, 7804. You just rename the downloaded skin to one of these numbers, move the renamed downloaded skin into the actors folder, allowing it to replace the one already in the folder, and the skin is replaced.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on May 17, 2013, 05:40PM
They are very simple to add, you download the skin which will just be a .igb file. You open the actors folder, and you rename the skin you just download to the number of the character you would like to replace it with.

Say you download a skin for Colossus. His number is 78 so his four skin numbers would be 7801, 7802, 7803, 7804. You just rename the downloaded skin to one of these numbers, move the renamed downloaded skin into the actors folder, allowing it to replace the one already in the folder, and the skin is replaced.

I'm going to add to that: Make sure to check the numbers of all characters to avoid problems. For example, if you download War Machine, and then later a new skin for him, you'll see his number is 18 - the same as Galactus. Don't make the mistake of thinking that 1801 is War Machine - it isn't. An easy way to find out who's who is to check the herostat of the hero whose skin you just downloaded. Example: If you just got a skin for Crystal, check her herostat - you'll see her number is 64, and you'll see her costume numbers as well.

Though for the record, there are at least two or three separate tutorials on how to add skins. They are available in the "knowledge base" section of the forum.

Aw thank you guys, i really do appreciate that small lesson on how install skins, it would be easier if we had a program that could do that for us, like the heroselect does.

The link for Sentry (New Avengers) by BLaw is broken. Can someone please re-upload it?

SOME SKINS OF MY OWN...

ANGRIR BREAKER OF SOULS.
ARES
EMPEROR VULCANO

GREETINGS FROM SPAIN

Hi Daniel.

Welcome to the forum.  You have made some cool skins!  Will you be able to release them?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

June 16, 2013, 11:16AM #368 Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:31PM by DANIEL25
Thank u, for the welcome. And thank you for allowing me to show my skins in the topic you started. I´m pretty new on this and I don´t know if this is the proper place to show my skins (if it is not, please tell me). Let me tell you that you are an increeeeedible skiner   :bowdown1:. I love this foro because I like playing MUA  (and all marvel based comics videogames in general) soooo much... Believe me if I tell you that I woluld like to release them, but I´m pretty rooky in this stuff of uploading things, and I´m still trying to find out the way to do it.

June 16, 2013, 12:34PM #369 Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:38PM by mj fan
They look great so far! oh and Welcome to the forum ;D
Maybe later you could create your own topic with skins : )
You can use mediafire to upload things

June 16, 2013, 02:24PM #370 Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 11:11AM by DANIEL25
So Sorry mj fan, for posting my skins in your topic, I didn´t know it wasn´t allowed, I´m triying to find out how to make my own topic. thanks for th advice..

Welcome to the fourm! I hope to see more skins from you soon!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

QuoteSo Sorry mj fan, for posting my skins in your topic, I didn´t know it wasn´t allowed, I´m triying to find out how to make my own topic. thanks for th advice.. :banghead:

Nah no problem but now you know it ^^ no really what i wanted to say is that you could create your gallerie with all your créations
well to create your page you can go in the different sections you want in the forum
Home/Mod releases and conversions(or Modder's Workbench)/New topic and that's all :)

You've already learned how to include a picture with your post, so it should be easy for you to start your own thread.  I'll be glad to help you with any coding questions and places to host your skin files.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927