Ultimatum

Started by mj fan, March 17, 2010, 08:16AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I guess that's why they say Loeb ain't dope.

Quote from: childofmetal on April 06, 2010, 07:52AM
totally horrible WHY!!!!!!!!! how the hell do you kill wolverine that's impossible

No it isnt.

Wolverine can regenerate from anything, IF his brain is intact, destroy Wolverines brain and you can kill him.

Killing Mr. Immortal, now THATS impossible.

Quote from: Shauny7488 on April 06, 2010, 04:25PM
No it isnt.

Wolverine can regenerate from anything, IF his brain is intact, destroy Wolverines brain and you can kill him.

Killing Mr. Immortal, now THATS impossible.

that's right i  totally forgot about the whole brain being intact thing

Even then his brain does a pretty good job of healing itself up. I seem to remember  Deadpool shooting him point blank in the eye. The bullet bounced around the inside of his skull effectivley shredding his brain. Hm. I kinda want to see Logan and Bullseye fight now.

At the end, with quicksilver (now I hate him) we can see a woman in the shadow
Who is she?

I really like the ultimatum, but found it too dramatic a lot of people died, although I liked the death of Magneto :magneto:, now the WAsp :wasp: was horrible Blod :blob: disgusting.

like many others...........
Angel - Killed and partially eaten by Sabretooth. (Ultimatum #4)
Beast - Drowned. (Ultimatum #1)
Blob - Head bitten off by Hank Pym. (Ultimatum #3)
Cannonball - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Captain Britain - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimate X-Men #100)
Cypher - Presumably blown up by Madrox, shown alongside other casualties (Ultimate X-Men: Requiem)
Cyclops - Shot in the head by Quicksilver. (Ultimatum #5)
Daredevil - Found dead by Spider-Man. Presumably drowned. (Ultimate Spider-Man #131)
Dazzler - Drowned. (Ultimatum #1)
Detonator - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Doctor Doom - Head crushed by the Thing. (Ultimatum #5)
Doctor Strange - Killed by Dormammu after his body is constricted, causing his engorged head to explode. (Ultimatum #4)
Emma Frost - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Forge - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Franklin Storm - Drowned. (Ultimate Fantastic Four #58)
Hard-Drive - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Hank Pym - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Juggernaut - Hit in the eye by a poisonous dart shot by a Sentinel soldier. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
Longshot - Tortured and killed in the Savage Land. (Ultimatum #3)
Lorelei - Killed by Wolverine. (Ultimate X-Men #100)
Madrox - Killed by Wolverine. (Ultimate X-Men #100)
Magneto - Decapitated by Cyclops. (Ultimatum #5)
Nightcrawler - Drowned. (Ultimatum #1)
Polaris - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Professor X - Neck broken by Magneto. (Ultimatum #2)
Psylocke - Listed by Marvel as dead, shown alongside other casualties (Ultimate X-Men: Requiem)
Sunspot - Blown up by Madrox. (Ultimatum #3)
Syndicate - Dead after one of his heads is blown off by William Stryker. (Ultimate X-Men #99)
Thor - Surrendered his soul to Valhalla. (Ultimatum #3)
Toad - Listed by Marvel as dead, though his death was never shown.
Wasp - Partially eaten by the Blob.(Ultimatum #2)
Wolverine - Killed by Magneto after the adamantium is ripped from his skeleton.(Ultimatum #5)
[edit] MIA/Presumed dead
Firestar - MIA
Havok - MIA
Nightmare - Presumably dead after the Hulk destroys Doctor Strange's Orb of Acmantata. (Ultimate Spider-Man #132)

Or you could have just posted the link instead.

I think Firestar might be alive, if anyone can remember the cover to Ultimate X (since the black haired lady is presumably Jean)

April 13, 2010, 09:14AM #38 Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:07AM by mj fan
QuoteOr you could have just posted the link instead.
yeah but it's more shocking ;)
And now, where are Rogue, Colossus, Storm ,Iceman ?

Ultimatum was a bad story. It was rushed, too full of action and death. I dunno, usually Marvel bothers with showing us more of the story instead of just the action bits but this wasn't the case in Ultimatum. First you see people drown, then people find a lot of bodies, then some more people die, and then they're at Magnetos, dying some more and then finally killing him. Even in the end scene someone dies. It's not so much of a story as a series of incidents where people die. I dunno if it was meant to shock us but imo the Ultimatum wave would've been enough, instead of one death scene after another.