XML2 Carnage MUA Conversion (NEED HELP!!!)

Started by Maegawa, February 17, 2014, 05:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic
wow guys, I don't know what to say, your ideas are so awesome, I think the idea of colouring Venom's effects red is much better than flipping the textures, about the powers, I think we could borrow 1 or 2 from Venom, the Spike Ballet from Toxin, and keep a few, you guys don't need my aprooval to continue!
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

May 31, 2014, 11:14PM #16 Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:22AM by nazguleater
No worries, i'm sure we can have some one else create the models and the mannequin, while i could try and create the skins (if i learn how to)

Also, i'm up for making loadscreens, hud displays and ability icons, but i do not know how to compile them into an igb file and what-not, i can just make raw images.

Also, Polygone are you going to start over or use this as a base?

Anyways, thanks Maegawa! after all, this is your and no-doubt's work were continuing! :)

Now to see if no-doubt and others are willing to join in.

No-Doubt only mods for (only has?) XML2

Quote from: nazguleater on May 31, 2014, 11:14PM
No worries, i'm sure we can have some one else create the models and the mannequin

I know a few people who can do this, but you have to understand they're either busy with other projects or busy in real life, I'd say we do it with the models already avaible trough the XML2 mod.

Quote from: nazguleater on May 31, 2014, 11:14PM
Also, i'm up for making loadscreens, hud displays and ability icons, but i do not know how to compile them into an igb file and what-not, i can just make raw images.

So can I, but I cant convert them (maybe software or something? Idk) there's this tutorial on here that explains how to convert : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3607.0.html

If you can pull that off without giving the icons a shade of blue (that always happens to me) that would be awesome.

Still looking if I should start over, thinkering with editing damage output etc. Will let you know soon enough
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

The thing is, if i knew how to decompile and recompile, i could work on the skin textures (not the model mind you, unless both of them are one thing???), thus negating the need for new models, with the additional use of anims.

Secondly, i'm happy to start working on the loading screens and icons as soon as you tell me what powers you want me to make them for. As for the manneguin, surely we can take deadpool's (for example). For now, ill make the abilities i want in the mod and show them to you, as a sort of draft, unless you have a solid set in mind. The tutorial looks good, i'll give it a try later.

My idea on carnage's playstyle would be a heavy combo based character, who plays as a sort of an high dps assasin

Sure, just pm me what you have in mind, Ill look into it and pm you my ideas, see if we can work things out
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

There have been some problems cropping up. I really want to work on the skins, but i can't.

For the Ultimate skin:
So, i started off wanting to use the spiky carnage skin, so i looked for the offsets. I found those in a thread (Re: Converted XML1 Skins Galore (a.k.a. "You asked for it!")) and they are:
SK Basic       
128x     13151         
64x      29599       
32x    mip of prev.
16x    mip of prev.     
8x       29535 
The real problem is that the file those offsets belong to is down, so i'm effectively downed. I have no way of working on it. My last hope is Quentin Hex, who i sent a message asking for his Anti-Venom offset, so i could use it instead. So far, no reply.

For the Modern (MUA2) skin:
So, using Texture Finder v2, i opened Classic Carnage, put it on the 888 = 24 setting, and exported the file. I'm currently working on editing that. I'm pretty sure this is not what i'm supposed to do, but i am going to do it anyways, since it is my only option xD

This is what i managed to extract from the different exports.

I'm gonna use this for the MUA2 skin. Let's see what happens.

Quote from: nazguleater on June 11, 2014, 09:12AM
There have been some problems cropping up. I really want to work on the skins, but i can't.

For the Ultimate skin:
So, i started off wanting to use the spiky carnage skin, so i looked for the offsets. I found those in a thread (Re: Converted XML1 Skins Galore (a.k.a. "You asked for it!")) and they are:
SK Basic       
128x     13151         
64x      29599       
32x    mip of prev.
16x    mip of prev.     
8x       29535 
The real problem is that the file those offsets belong to is down, so i'm effectively downed. I have no way of working on it. My last hope is Quentin Hex, who i sent a message asking for his Anti-Venom offset, so i could use it instead. So far, no reply.

For the Modern (MUA2) skin:
So, using Texture Finder v2, i opened Classic Carnage, put it on the 888 = 24 setting, and exported the file. I'm currently working on editing that. I'm pretty sure this is not what i'm supposed to do, but i am going to do it anyways, since it is my only option xD

I have an ultimate Carnage skin, it was made by Iammingy but it's not his final texture, but still looks damn good. So now you have 3. You'd need 1 more.

The last one will be Spider-Carnage, which Maegawa requested. I'm going to do it later this week.