My custom skins,etc: Warpath, Cyclops, Crossbones, Punisher, Magneto, Batman

Started by iammingy, May 11, 2007, 02:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 30, 2007, 06:27PM #135 Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:04PM by iammingy
No no... I have tried an uneditted version (BGR, no color-pallet swap), I still get the black dots. So, it shouldn't be the plugin (like what happened with Pyro Classic) because I didn't even use the plugin... :(

Skins with textures in DXT1 never have the black dots....

Quote from: Teancum on May 30, 2007, 06:08PM
It's your DDS plugin.  If you use Photoshop (I know you don't, but if you did) you would use the v6 plugin.

I use the latest, which is v.7, and have not had a single problem yet.  I've exported every kind of DDS there is using all three kinds of maps, and all of them work perfectly.  *shrugs*  I don't know why people advise against getting 7.

Anyhoo, some models have black spots in them naturally when converted to MUA.  The PS2 skins are the only models that do not have this problem, but they are also a freaking ton harder to modify.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

May 30, 2007, 06:36PM #137 Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 06:46PM by iammingy
Quote from: Gevth on May 30, 2007, 05:55PM
Quote from: iammingy on May 30, 2007, 01:11PMI wish the spikes were removable, but I think the spikes Carnage don't look as annoying as they are on Toxin...

Just a random thought on your Toxin and Carnage skins: can you color the spikes? Maybe change them for a color that blends at least a little bit with the background?
Oh, and please take the Blob picks off. Watching him pretty much naked is making me feel uncomfortable...

"blends at least a little bit with the background"

lol :rofl:

There are:

grey in Omega Base
orange/brown/red in Mandarin's Palace/Valley of spirits
white in the Asgard (or is is Bifost?)

There's so many different colors...How do I make the spikes blend? :laugh:
Honestly, I think Carnage's spikes actually look like tendrils, especially in the first pic.
Toxin... I have tried many many different shades of black, blue, and red. Only red fits, other colors just make the spikes more eye-catching or does not fit Toxin's red and blue/black color scheme at all...

Ok, we are now on page 10, you won't that sexy Blob if you don't go to page 9!!! :P

Quote from: BliZZ on May 30, 2007, 05:48PM
He's all ready for Beach Week!

If you reskin the PS2 model, you won't get black dots. I don't know how, though Noel made a tutorial somewhere....

I don't know how to reskin PS2 models.....
So, do you still want me to continue working on Blob (from PC's model)?

Neither could I.  I never got to the part where you open texture finder because it didn't say I needed a computer to start.

Dammit, this is where I really need some good webspace...  Re-"sharing" the assets files is getting to be a pain in the ass every time I have to upload it.  Eh, you know how to rip crap from the assets files, right?  If so, I'll accidentally stumble across it already uploaded on the net, and I'll slip the link to you via PM tomorrow.  I'd do it tonight, but I just finished modeling a car for class and I have to get up for work at 1:30 a.m... being 8:30 p.m. here already.

May 30, 2007, 06:57PM #143 Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:01PM by iammingy
Corvette!!!

It's ok man. It's not urgent (for me). Take your time. :)

How ironic. We get black dot Blob just when I was logging on to post that I seem to have discovered(?) that there's an EASY solution to fixing the black dot issue. If I'm posting common knowledge, sorry, but it wasn't common to me. It's so simple. Just use the skinner to export the skin to a bmp. Then import the very same bitmap you just exported back onto the very same model you skinned. Presto! No more black dots in about three seconds.

Example: On the left is Cain beset with black dot-itis. On the right is Cain after the process described above. I also just did Modern Juggernaut the same way and he's black-dot free.

I discovered this while playing around with Pyro skins. He didn't have any black dots after I did some very minor editing to the bmp. As long as you have the offsets to run it through the skinner--and Blizz has posted the offsets for the vast majority of XML models--you can kiss the blackdots goodbye.

I'm going to try this with Blob and test the theory one more time.

Fred J. Dukes, cured.

Before:

After:

Before and After?

Beauty Salon!!! :P

Good for you!!! :) I know that method worked on some models... :) but I tried the same method with Blob befored I started editting, the black dots were still there... lol I have also tried some skins (such as Police Officer skin) from the mega pack), they still have the black dots. Skinner doesn't like my computer... :(

May 30, 2007, 09:31PM #147 Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:04PM by iammingy

VV This is skrull_deviant_axe colored in red and black. Does anyone have suggestions for a better axe for Toxin and Carnage?

Quote from: iammingy on May 30, 2007, 06:57PM
Corvette!!!

It's ok man. It's not urgent (for me). Take your time. :)

Yeah, actually.  A 1975 Corvette Stingray.  I'll upload the file when I get home today around 3-ish or so.

QuoteGood for you!!!  I know that method worked on some models...  but I tried the same method with Blob befored I started editting, the black dots were still there... lol I have also tried some skins (such as Police Officer skin) from the mega pack), they still have the black dots. Skinner doesn't like my computer...

Well, in the future, if you like, let me know which base you need before you start editing and--if you could send me the offsets as well--I'll run it through the skinner so you can start with a "clean" copy.