My custom skins,etc: Warpath, Cyclops, Crossbones, Punisher, Magneto, Batman

Started by iammingy, May 11, 2007, 02:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If the mannenquins themselves work I don't see why an animated model wouldn't.  But there's only one way to find out.

Great! I will export stuff with DXT1 and DXT3 textures from now on... so MUA-PC, MUA-XBOX, and XML2-PC can benefit.

Yes, i agree.

i just said, that maybe bigger files might not work.

Iammingy, when you export something to DXT3, remember to use the RGB-BGR, because since the DXT3 mannequins will be only used on the Xbox, there's no need for the textures come with the colors inverted.

and for the boltons, DXT1 and DXT3 works, i tested both version of the Katanas and they looks the same. the only thing i noticed is that all boltons are totally dark in menu selection screen, but in-game they are perfect.

February 11, 2008, 02:30PM #708 Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 02:40PM by iammingy
Quote from: Zedja on February 11, 2008, 02:17PM
Iammingy, when you export something to DXT3, remember to use the RGB-BGR, because since the DXT3 mannequins will be only used on the Xbox, there's no need for the textures come with the colors inverted.

Oh, right! I am really sorry, I have totally forgot about it. This means only the Toxin mannequin and Captain America's shield have this problem. I will update them later this week or next week.

and for the boltons, DXT1 and DXT3 works, i tested both version of the Katanas and they looks the same. the only thing i noticed is that all boltons are totally dark in menu selection screen, but in-game they are perfect.

Yeah, the katannas in the PC version also have this issue. Did the Desert Eagle have this problem, too? ... They look okay in the menu selection screen, just like the previews I posted.

EDIT: If the size of models may be an issue for the XBOX, then should I export the boltons with DXT1 or DXT3 textures (normal colors, no RGB switching for both)? I know DXT1 has a larger compression ratio, 8:1 versus 4:1 for DXT3, but I am not sure if this will help that much at all... lol

Quote from: iammingy on February 11, 2008, 02:08PM
Great! I will export stuff with DXT1 and DXT3 textures from now on... so MUA-PC, MUA-XBOX, and XML2-PC can benefit.

awesome thanks :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Model size won't be an issue.  I've never seen any model that's more than 900kb, which is easy for the Xbox to handle.  Textures definitely need to be 512x512 or smaller however if we do want to keep things small.  I don't know if the Xbox can even handle a 1024x1024 without slowdown.

iammingy, would it be possible for you to re-export the winter soldier gun to attach nicely to Bip01 Spine2 (so that it can be carried on someone's back)? if so, that would be great. if not, thats ok too (i realize you have other more important things to do) :nod:

February 13, 2008, 11:52AM #712 Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 05:53PM by iammingy
Quote from: Norrin Radd on February 13, 2008, 08:29AM
iammingy, would it be possible for you to re-export the winter soldier gun to attach nicely to Bip01 Spine2 (so that it can be carried on someone's back)? if so, that would be great. if not, thats ok too (i realize you have other more important things to do) :nod:

Sure, I will do that tonight! >.^

EDIT: Teancum, I will do that, too.

Oh, and can you do the same spine boltons for Blade's shotgun and Nightcrawler's swords?  That way all of Nightcrawlers models can have swords and the in-game Black Widow can have a shotgun on her back like the PSP version.

M4 Carbine, right-handed bolton and back bolton (DXT1 and DXT3):

http://www.box.net/shared/5n2wns4lcw
- ripped from Winter Soldier from MUA
- DXT1 for MUA-PC; DXT3 for MUA-XBOX and XML2-PC
- This is how I bolt the back bolton in the herostat:

BoltOn {
      bolt = Bip01 Spine2 ;
      model = models/bolton/m4_back ;
      slot = ebolton_tail ;
      }

This is BLaw's X-23 skin in the lower right corner. I should have used this skin to take screenshots for the X-23 claw boltons. So, here it is.

February 14, 2008, 07:47AM #716 Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:50AM by Norrin Radd
thanks a lot iammingy, here is a pic of it in action, with your cable skin and your ripped bishop guns:

February 15, 2008, 12:21AM #717 Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 12:33AM by iammingy
Shotgun, back bolton (DXT1 and DXT3):

http://www.box.net/shared/6a4hxo2kg0
- slight modification of Blade's shotgun from MUA
- DXT1 for MUA-PC; DXT3 for MUA-XBOX and XML2-PC
- This is how I bolt the shotgun on the back in the herostat:

BoltOn {
      bolt = Bip01 Spine2 ;
      model = models/bolton/shotgun_back ;
      slot = ebolton_tail ;
      }

Quote from: Norrin Radd on February 14, 2008, 07:47AM
thanks a lot iammingy, here is a pic of it in action, with your cable skin and your ripped bishop guns:

http://www.marvelmods.com/ftp_users/NorrinR/mods/cable/cable.png

You are welcome! :)

Thanks a lot, man. I should have a tweaked Bishop and The Punisher done ASAP thanks to these boltons :thumbsup:

Off-Topic:  BliZZ, THX gave me FTP access, so I'll work on updating current mods with mannequins and whatnot if you want to focus on Bishop and Punisher.