My custom skins,etc: Warpath, Cyclops, Crossbones, Punisher, Magneto, Batman

Started by iammingy, May 11, 2007, 02:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic
great job! so cool.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

USMC KA-BAR knives, left-handed and right-handed boltons for MUA:

http://www.box.net/shared/b1ne9xg68g
- modeled by "retarded_monkey"
- map modified by me

Note: If you put the left-handed knife on the right hand and the right-handed knife on the left hand, the knives will be held upside down (pointing back in this pic).

PS: USMC = United States Marine Corps

Katanna, left-handed and right-handed boltons for MUA and XML2:

http://www.box.net/shared/ugqb9oc2s0
- ripped from Deadpool from MUA

Yep, you read it right. I have included another pair for XML2. :D

courtesy of nodoubt_jr's screenshots from XML2:

awesome, awesome, cant wait to update the Shadowcat and Psylocke mods with real katanas, thanks.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

You are welcome. I wonder whether it works for the XBOX and PS2...?

EDIT: I mean, custom meshes can be made available for them, too!

Rocket Launchers (futuristic), left-handed and right-handed boltons for MUA:

http://www.box.net/shared/j3b2icm04w
- This is not my model, but I modified the map. I don't know who made this. It wasn't specified when I downloaded the model and I can't find where I got the model from. @_@ Sorry... Please note that the front is a bit screwed up. ^^"||

yes!!! it works, just tested right now the desert eagles(my favorite gun), it freezed in the first load and i was going to give up, but i just restarted the xbox and tried again and it worked fine. but maybe the custom meshes(like the rocket launcher), probably doesn't work.

anyway, great job man, looks great!

Can you rip the the bow and the bag where keep arrow( i don't know the name for it in english) from the viking archer ? hey this rocket launcher look like the quake rocket launcher but colored black instead of red

Quote from: iammingy on February 05, 2008, 09:44PM
Katanna, left-handed and right-handed boltons for MUA and XML2:

http://www.box.net/shared/ugqb9oc2s0
- ripped from Deadpool from MUA

Yep, you read it right. I have included another pair for XML2. :D

courtesy of nodoubt_jr's screenshots from XML2:

If it works in XML2, it should work on Xbox MUA -- what specifically did you change to get it to work in XML2?  It might lead to us understanding how to do new meshes for MUA Xbox and PC XML2 altogether.  Texture size?  Mipmapping?  Lack of Bump/Specular?  Export settings?

great work minngy, and thanks for the new stuff

Quote from: Sasquatch on February 06, 2008, 05:02AM
Can you rip the the bow and the bag where keep arrow( i don't know the name for it in english) from the viking archer ? hey this rocket launcher look like the quake rocket launcher but colored black instead of red

It also reminded me of a quake gun, haha

Quote from: Zedja on February 06, 2008, 03:13AM
yes!!! it works, just tested right now the desert eagles(my favorite gun), it freezed in the first load and i was going to give up, but i just restarted the xbox and tried again and it worked fine. but maybe the custom meshes(like the rocket launcher), probably doesn't work.

anyway, great job man, looks great!

Thanks alot for the confirmation!!!

Quote from: Sasquatch on February 06, 2008, 05:02AM

We have common thoughts! I did rip the quiver for my Tasky mod not too long ago. :D I will upload it when I have time. The viking bow is already in the model/boltons directory.
And I think you are right!!! :) It did say it was a rocket launcher when I downloaded it. It was originally orange, but I colored it flat black.

Quote from: Teancum on February 06, 2008, 05:56AM
If it works in XML2, it should work on Xbox MUA -- what specifically did you change to get it to work in XML2?  It might lead to us understanding how to do new meshes for MUA Xbox and PC XML2 altogether.  Texture size?  Mipmapping?  Lack of Bump/Specular?  Export settings?

Nothing specially honestly. I changed the textures from DXT1 to DXT3 because I remember you (or someone else) saying the XML2 executable doesn't understand DXT1 textures. Hmm, those Desert Eagles I uploaded are in DXT1 and they worked on the XBOX.

Quote from: Norrin Radd on February 06, 2008, 07:44AM
great work minngy, and thanks for the new stuff

It also reminded me of a quake gun, haha

Thanks.
Let me edit the credits for these rocket launchers. ^^

Great work on those weapons Mingy!! :O Am enjoying them while testing Forge hehe.

And yep, those are the Quake RL's :P

@ Mingy -- I'll try the Toxin mannequin once I get the Xbox installed on my network.  If the mannequins work then odds are that the older engine (XML2 PC, MUA Xbox, etc) just doesn't like bump and specular maps, and thus crashes.  I'm not sure however, since Tommy made a Xbox mannequin once for me.  Anyways, I'll get back to you once I know what's going down. 

Hmm...  It could also be that there's a max texture size of 256x256 or something like that.

Just some info for you so that you don't need to check in Texture Finder:
- Desert Eagle and katanna are over 256x256
- M16 and M4 are 256x256
- only katanna have separate DXT3 set, the other three were DXT1's

Haha, I don't know. You would have to check it for me, I got no XBOX and I don't have XML2 installed at the moment... :(